or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW: Yarland P100 tube headphone amp (pics)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

REVIEW: Yarland P100 tube headphone amp (pics) - Page 6

post #76 of 204
You need to put in some NOS EL84's and NOS 5670's or 2C51's in there as the Chinese tubes are junk.
post #77 of 204
I will try to change the chinese tubes soon as I could.
What kind of NOS tubes you think are better for this? I mean Sovtek, Electro Harmonix, Svetlana...
post #78 of 204
Thread Starter 
Nah, you want some RCA's, Sylvanias - that sort of thing.
post #79 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adu View Post
I will try to change the chinese tubes soon as I could.
What kind of NOS tubes you think are better for this? I mean Sovtek, Electro Harmonix, Svetlana...
I don't know of any good current production tubes so I can't comment or recommend any.The EL84 tubes I'm using are NOS Amperex,Mullard and Telefunken to name a few.As for the preamp tubes I have WE JW 2C51's and Bendix 2C51's.The 1950s GE 5670's are good tubes and are cheap but you being in Romania I don't know if you have access to any of these tubes.
post #80 of 204
Just catching up on all your posts since I've been busy the past few days with some new toys, have a Little Dot MK III Tube SEPP Headamp and also the current Flagship Little Dot Mk VI Tube SEPP OCL Balanced Headamp on line





Both are great sounding amps. Oh and yes the 2008 Yarland P-100 is also on order now

So I have a "blackhole" where my wallet once was, LOL

post #81 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb View Post
Just catching up on all your posts since I've been busy the past few days with some new toys, have a Little Dot MK III Tube SEPP Headamp and also the current Flagship Little Dot Mk VI Tube SEPP OCL Balanced Headamp on line





Both are great sounding amps. Oh and yes the 2008 Yarland P-100 is also on order now

So I have a "blackhole" where my wallet once was, LOL

Nice toy...
post #82 of 204
The amplifier it's getting sound better and better, even so with stock tubes... I realize that I'll have to change the headphones (HD595).
Have try someone Beyerdynamic DT 990 (2005) with this amplifier? I want more punchy bass...
post #83 of 204
anyone as compared the previous one to the last one version of the p100?
post #84 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by dario View Post
anyone as compared the previous one to the last one version of the p100?
If your contemplating between the two the 2008 Yarland is clearly better.
post #85 of 204
I had great luck to secure a P-100 through a friend directly from Yarland factory in Wen Zhou, as I write it is on it's way to Shenzhen where my friend will arrange for a courier to deliver to my door. I expect it should arrive early next week since it is the holiday weekend here and in China, I can't wait!

post #86 of 204
Would be interesting know now how it compair with other amps...
post #87 of 204
I will have some fun next week when I stack it up against the following:-

1. Darkvoice 336SE

2. Little Dot, Mk III

3. Flagship Little Dot, Mk VI with Havana Tube DAC

It will be fun!

post #88 of 204
Excellent,this should give us a good idea of where the Yarland stands.
post #89 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adu View Post
The amplifier it's getting sound better and better, even so with stock tubes... I realize that I'll have to change the headphones (HD595).
Have try someone Beyerdynamic DT 990 (2005) with this amplifier? I want more punchy bass...
if the new one is only an improved version of p100, or in other words, same sound signature, then p100 + dt990(or 880) is the worst sounding couple of all time. yea yarland and beyer don't match. i really hated them.
post #90 of 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairbanks View Post
Excellent,this should give us a good idea of where the Yarland stands.


i want to know too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › REVIEW: Yarland P100 tube headphone amp (pics)