- 572 Posts. Joined 1/2006
- Location: Toronto, Jersey City
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- iGrado Modification Last post on 9/11/11 at 8:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-light portable open headphone? Last post on 6/16/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ugh...i become a fan of GRADO headphones LOL Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My PX100's are breaking - What to replace them with? Last post on 5/4/11 at 11:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Neckband Headphones Last post on 7/14/11 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
A big thanks to TekFusion for sending the TwinWoofer in for review and Ibrahim for taking the photo shots! TekFusion is a brand new fresh company based in India. Targeted for consumer...
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
igrado mods - Page 3post #31 of 495/27/07 at 3:35pmyou can try hole modded ksc75 foams.post #32 of 495/27/07 at 3:44pmpost #33 of 495/27/07 at 4:18pmi use hole modded ksc75 foams on my igrado. i much prefer them to hole modded igrado pads.
ksc75 pads are smaller, but you just stretch them a bit to fit over the driver.post #34 of 495/27/07 at 6:46pmpost #35 of 4912/28/08 at 9:30pm
Ear Pad ModI just purchased an igrado great headphones!!
Mine did not have any inside foam but it did have thin mesh screens over the outside of the driver housing.
I also tried a different mod on the earpads, cut a little more than a quarter, then reverse the pads when you install them, this realy opens things up and improves the sound stage.
Try it You'll like it!!!!post #36 of 4912/28/08 at 10:02pm
Earpad ModI tried a different mod on the ear pad:
Cut a larger hole than a quarter and then when you reinstall the pads reverse them, this seems to open up the sound stage and focus the sound.post #37 of 4912/29/08 at 4:44amThe best mod you can perform on your iGrados is recabling them with silver plated copper wire. It tightens up the bass and balances the sound, bringing out the treble which is very subdued on the iGrados. Be careful when desoldering/soldering the wires on the drivers. Here are mines, with SPC wire and some bluetack on the rear of the drivers for additional bass control.post #38 of 491/8/09 at 9:55pmpost #39 of 491/8/09 at 10:13pmpost #40 of 491/9/09 at 2:53ampost #41 of 491/9/09 at 5:06ampost #42 of 491/15/09 at 8:26pmAlright, figured I'd jump into the Grado sound nice and easy with the iGrado's. If I don't like them, I got a buddy who'll buy them from me for the same price. (I introduced him to hi-fi headphones, so he's game)
Was reading this thread, and then found another on here that said that newer iGrado's are not mod-able. Is this true? Something or other about the glue they use?
What's the deal?
-w-post #43 of 491/28/09 at 8:10pmQuote:Well proof is in the pudding so I tried my pipe idea and it work perfectly.
No guess work as the holes in the pads will be perfect.
-w-post #44 of 4911/23/10 at 5:16pm
Hello , sorry for bumping a 3 year old thread all the way up ..
but i need to ask something ..
I just got my iGrados (yes i'm pretty slow) ^_^
And i can see the insides of the headphone (metal thing labelled "Grado 32Ohm) ,
so does this mean my igrados are defoamed already?
And what are further improvements i can do to it ? Was considering the quarter mod , but dont know how to get around doing it T_T
(:post #45 of 4911/27/10 at 1:27pm
Ingyang i think your igrados are done with foam so on to the quarter mod: it's really easy all you need to do is take the pads off and place a nickel or quarter (whichever size you prefer) dead center in the pad (or as close as possible) then hold the coin down tight and use a sharp knife or x-acto knife to cut around it. Take it slow and make sure to make an even cut. Once your done just punch out the hole and replace the pads!
- igrado mods
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony MDR-7520 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E18 1 minute ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › ASUS Xonar Essence STX II 3 minutes ago
- › Jakarta Get-Together - August 2014 3 minutes ago
- › AKG new headphone K545? 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)