- 572 Posts. Joined 1/2006
- Location: Toronto, Jersey City
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- iGrado Modification Last post on 12/7/15 at 10:47pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-light portable open headphone? Last post on 6/16/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ugh...i become a fan of GRADO headphones LOL Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My PX100's are breaking - What to replace them with? Last post on 5/4/11 at 11:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Neckband Headphones Last post on 7/14/11 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Special thanks to Fiio for sponsoring this review unit for testing purposes Firmware installed : 1.2 Micro SD size used: 128GB C10 Sandisk Spec...
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q Earphone Review - Expatinjapan Head Pie Advanced AcousticWerkes Q earphone with the Hifiman MegaMini Dap Advanced AcousticWerkes Q...
First of all, fantastic sound. Not necessarily *non-biased*, but possesses smooth highs, fantastically defined mids, and rich, powerful, yet completely not overwhelming bass. I accidentally broke...
Thinksound On2 Review: A Wonderful Wooden On-Ear With A Small Ecological Footprint I like Thinksound products. I always have, with the exception of the On1. It was a product that had so much...
Hidizs AP60 Review: A Tiny Little Fighter Hidizs is a Chinese company that’s been building DAPs for number of years now, starting with their current flagship, the AP100, a device I’ve really...
igrado mods - Page 3post #31 of 495/27/07 at 3:35pmyou can try hole modded ksc75 foams.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 495/27/07 at 3:44pmpost #33 of 495/27/07 at 4:18pmi use hole modded ksc75 foams on my igrado. i much prefer them to hole modded igrado pads.
ksc75 pads are smaller, but you just stretch them a bit to fit over the driver.post #34 of 495/27/07 at 6:46pmpost #35 of 4912/28/08 at 9:30pm
Ear Pad ModI just purchased an igrado great headphones!!
Mine did not have any inside foam but it did have thin mesh screens over the outside of the driver housing.
I also tried a different mod on the earpads, cut a little more than a quarter, then reverse the pads when you install them, this realy opens things up and improves the sound stage.
Try it You'll like it!!!!post #36 of 4912/28/08 at 10:02pm
Earpad ModI tried a different mod on the ear pad:
Cut a larger hole than a quarter and then when you reinstall the pads reverse them, this seems to open up the sound stage and focus the sound.post #37 of 4912/29/08 at 4:44amThe best mod you can perform on your iGrados is recabling them with silver plated copper wire. It tightens up the bass and balances the sound, bringing out the treble which is very subdued on the iGrados. Be careful when desoldering/soldering the wires on the drivers. Here are mines, with SPC wire and some bluetack on the rear of the drivers for additional bass control.post #38 of 491/8/09 at 9:55pmpost #39 of 491/8/09 at 10:13pmpost #40 of 491/9/09 at 2:53ampost #41 of 491/9/09 at 5:06ampost #42 of 491/15/09 at 8:26pmAlright, figured I'd jump into the Grado sound nice and easy with the iGrado's. If I don't like them, I got a buddy who'll buy them from me for the same price. (I introduced him to hi-fi headphones, so he's game)
Was reading this thread, and then found another on here that said that newer iGrado's are not mod-able. Is this true? Something or other about the glue they use?
What's the deal?
-w-post #43 of 491/28/09 at 8:10pmQuote:Well proof is in the pudding so I tried my pipe idea and it work perfectly.
No guess work as the holes in the pads will be perfect.
-w-post #44 of 4911/23/10 at 5:16pm
Hello , sorry for bumping a 3 year old thread all the way up ..
but i need to ask something ..
I just got my iGrados (yes i'm pretty slow) ^_^
And i can see the insides of the headphone (metal thing labelled "Grado 32Ohm) ,
so does this mean my igrados are defoamed already?
And what are further improvements i can do to it ? Was considering the quarter mod , but dont know how to get around doing it T_T
(:post #45 of 4911/27/10 at 1:27pm
Ingyang i think your igrados are done with foam so on to the quarter mod: it's really easy all you need to do is take the pads off and place a nickel or quarter (whichever size you prefer) dead center in the pad (or as close as possible) then hold the coin down tight and use a sharp knife or x-acto knife to cut around it. Take it slow and make sure to make an even cut. Once your done just punch out the hole and replace the pads!
- igrado mods
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorythm Solo -dB 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › High End Universal IEM's Comparison Table (K10, Layla, Oriolus,... 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by noobandroid
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ExpatinJapan
- › RHA MA750i by Peter Zhang
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Cinder
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...