- 572 Posts. Joined 1/2006
- Location: Toronto, Jersey City
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- iGrado Modification Last post on 9/11/11 at 8:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-light portable open headphone? Last post on 6/16/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ugh...i become a fan of GRADO headphones LOL Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My PX100's are breaking - What to replace them with? Last post on 5/4/11 at 11:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Neckband Headphones Last post on 7/14/11 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in MEdia Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAS -> Project Ember...
Here are my impressions of the Fiio X1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEj0wLE-ojU
igrado mods - Page 3post #31 of 495/27/07 at 3:35pmyou can try hole modded ksc75 foams.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 495/27/07 at 3:44pmpost #33 of 495/27/07 at 4:18pmi use hole modded ksc75 foams on my igrado. i much prefer them to hole modded igrado pads.
ksc75 pads are smaller, but you just stretch them a bit to fit over the driver.post #34 of 495/27/07 at 6:46pmpost #35 of 4912/28/08 at 9:30pm
Ear Pad ModI just purchased an igrado great headphones!!
Mine did not have any inside foam but it did have thin mesh screens over the outside of the driver housing.
I also tried a different mod on the earpads, cut a little more than a quarter, then reverse the pads when you install them, this realy opens things up and improves the sound stage.
Try it You'll like it!!!!post #36 of 4912/28/08 at 10:02pm
Earpad ModI tried a different mod on the ear pad:
Cut a larger hole than a quarter and then when you reinstall the pads reverse them, this seems to open up the sound stage and focus the sound.post #37 of 4912/29/08 at 4:44amThe best mod you can perform on your iGrados is recabling them with silver plated copper wire. It tightens up the bass and balances the sound, bringing out the treble which is very subdued on the iGrados. Be careful when desoldering/soldering the wires on the drivers. Here are mines, with SPC wire and some bluetack on the rear of the drivers for additional bass control.post #38 of 491/8/09 at 9:55pmpost #39 of 491/8/09 at 10:13pmpost #40 of 491/9/09 at 2:53ampost #41 of 491/9/09 at 5:06ampost #42 of 491/15/09 at 8:26pmAlright, figured I'd jump into the Grado sound nice and easy with the iGrado's. If I don't like them, I got a buddy who'll buy them from me for the same price. (I introduced him to hi-fi headphones, so he's game)
Was reading this thread, and then found another on here that said that newer iGrado's are not mod-able. Is this true? Something or other about the glue they use?
What's the deal?
-w-post #43 of 491/28/09 at 8:10pmQuote:Well proof is in the pudding so I tried my pipe idea and it work perfectly.
No guess work as the holes in the pads will be perfect.
-w-post #44 of 4911/23/10 at 5:16pm
Hello , sorry for bumping a 3 year old thread all the way up ..
but i need to ask something ..
I just got my iGrados (yes i'm pretty slow) ^_^
And i can see the insides of the headphone (metal thing labelled "Grado 32Ohm) ,
so does this mean my igrados are defoamed already?
And what are further improvements i can do to it ? Was considering the quarter mod , but dont know how to get around doing it T_T
(:post #45 of 4911/27/10 at 1:27pm
Ingyang i think your igrados are done with foam so on to the quarter mod: it's really easy all you need to do is take the pads off and place a nickel or quarter (whichever size you prefer) dead center in the pad (or as close as possible) then hold the coin down tight and use a sharp knife or x-acto knife to cut around it. Take it slow and make sure to make an even cut. Once your done just punch out the hole and replace the pads!
- igrado mods
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Portable amp and or Player 3 minutes ago
- › Keyboard-Fi 4 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 8 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 8 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW sfwalcer's earphone comparo PG 1727.... 9 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with modded FW intl ver 2 (Latest... 9 minutes ago
- › FS Firestone Fireye DA portable dac amp 9 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › Shure SE215 by SawItComing
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)