- 572 Posts. Joined 1/2006
- Location: Toronto, Jersey City
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- iGrado Modification Last post on 9/11/11 at 8:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-light portable open headphone? Last post on 6/16/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ugh...i become a fan of GRADO headphones LOL Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My PX100's are breaking - What to replace them with? Last post on 5/4/11 at 11:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Neckband Headphones Last post on 7/14/11 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
***This is a tl;dr: review. please refer to other reviews for a more in-depth analysis on their amazing sound.*** For $100, you simply won't be getting anything better sound-wise than these cans,...
I own 3 High-end headphones ( HD 600, HD-650s, and HE 500s) and this amplifier does everything I want it to do. The headphones have been driven with authority, speed and transparency. The sound is...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank www.hifinage.com and Fidue for this review sample.I was supposed to keep it...
I received by LG for review purposes. Here are my thoughts are 6 weeks. Aesthetics. The unique ‘on-neck horse-shoe’ design is inconspicuous sits neatly and discreetly around the neck line....
Signature Acoustics C-12: The Elemental Underdog Woodies Company Background Audiophiles love music, especially when played from high quality audio products that contain several different...
igrado mods - Page 3post #31 of 495/27/07 at 3:35pmyou can try hole modded ksc75 foams.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #32 of 495/27/07 at 3:44pmpost #33 of 495/27/07 at 4:18pmi use hole modded ksc75 foams on my igrado. i much prefer them to hole modded igrado pads.
ksc75 pads are smaller, but you just stretch them a bit to fit over the driver.post #34 of 495/27/07 at 6:46pmpost #35 of 4912/28/08 at 9:30pm
Ear Pad ModI just purchased an igrado great headphones!!
Mine did not have any inside foam but it did have thin mesh screens over the outside of the driver housing.
I also tried a different mod on the earpads, cut a little more than a quarter, then reverse the pads when you install them, this realy opens things up and improves the sound stage.
Try it You'll like it!!!!post #36 of 4912/28/08 at 10:02pm
Earpad ModI tried a different mod on the ear pad:
Cut a larger hole than a quarter and then when you reinstall the pads reverse them, this seems to open up the sound stage and focus the sound.post #37 of 4912/29/08 at 4:44amThe best mod you can perform on your iGrados is recabling them with silver plated copper wire. It tightens up the bass and balances the sound, bringing out the treble which is very subdued on the iGrados. Be careful when desoldering/soldering the wires on the drivers. Here are mines, with SPC wire and some bluetack on the rear of the drivers for additional bass control.post #38 of 491/8/09 at 9:55pmpost #39 of 491/8/09 at 10:13pmpost #40 of 491/9/09 at 2:53ampost #41 of 491/9/09 at 5:06ampost #42 of 491/15/09 at 8:26pmAlright, figured I'd jump into the Grado sound nice and easy with the iGrado's. If I don't like them, I got a buddy who'll buy them from me for the same price. (I introduced him to hi-fi headphones, so he's game)
Was reading this thread, and then found another on here that said that newer iGrado's are not mod-able. Is this true? Something or other about the glue they use?
What's the deal?
-w-post #43 of 491/28/09 at 8:10pmQuote:Well proof is in the pudding so I tried my pipe idea and it work perfectly.
No guess work as the holes in the pads will be perfect.
-w-post #44 of 4911/23/10 at 5:16pm
Hello , sorry for bumping a 3 year old thread all the way up ..
but i need to ask something ..
I just got my iGrados (yes i'm pretty slow) ^_^
And i can see the insides of the headphone (metal thing labelled "Grado 32Ohm) ,
so does this mean my igrados are defoamed already?
And what are further improvements i can do to it ? Was considering the quarter mod , but dont know how to get around doing it T_T
(:post #45 of 4911/27/10 at 1:27pm
Ingyang i think your igrados are done with foam so on to the quarter mod: it's really easy all you need to do is take the pads off and place a nickel or quarter (whichever size you prefer) dead center in the pad (or as close as possible) then hold the coin down tight and use a sharp knife or x-acto knife to cut around it. Take it slow and make sure to make an even cut. Once your done just punch out the hole and replace the pads!
- igrado mods
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Android phones and USB DACs 57 seconds ago
- › Colorfly C10 - Colorfly Is Back! 3 minutes ago
- › over/on ear headphone for commute? 3 minutes ago
- › Need help hooking up some things in my music production studio... 7 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 8 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is a coming - internal discussions 8 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 8 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 10 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Rumours and Discussion Thread 11 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by AvidlyEclectic
- › Schiit Asgard 2 by GustavoL1
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by vaibhavp
- › LG Electronics TONE INFINIM Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Retail... by lwbanerjee
- › Signature Acoustics Elements Series C-12 by vlenbo
- › Soundmagic E80 in-ear monitor headphone by twister6
- › Puro Sound Labs - IEM500 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Matrix M-Stage by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by Dokins
- › Fidue A65 - Titanium micro dynamic driver IEM by DJScope
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)