- 572 Posts. Joined 1/2006
- Location: Toronto, Jersey City
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- iGrado Modification Last post on 9/11/11 at 8:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Bass-light portable open headphone? Last post on 6/16/11 at 11:03am in Headphones (full-size)
- ugh...i become a fan of GRADO headphones LOL Last post on 10/16/12 at 6:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- My PX100's are breaking - What to replace them with? Last post on 5/4/11 at 11:28am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Neckband Headphones Last post on 7/14/11 at 7:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
igrado mods - Page 3post #31 of 495/27/07 at 3:35pmyou can try hole modded ksc75 foams.post #32 of 495/27/07 at 3:44pmpost #33 of 495/27/07 at 4:18pmi use hole modded ksc75 foams on my igrado. i much prefer them to hole modded igrado pads.
ksc75 pads are smaller, but you just stretch them a bit to fit over the driver.post #34 of 495/27/07 at 6:46pmpost #35 of 4912/28/08 at 9:30pm
Ear Pad ModI just purchased an igrado great headphones!!
Mine did not have any inside foam but it did have thin mesh screens over the outside of the driver housing.
I also tried a different mod on the earpads, cut a little more than a quarter, then reverse the pads when you install them, this realy opens things up and improves the sound stage.
Try it You'll like it!!!!post #36 of 4912/28/08 at 10:02pm
Earpad ModI tried a different mod on the ear pad:
Cut a larger hole than a quarter and then when you reinstall the pads reverse them, this seems to open up the sound stage and focus the sound.post #37 of 4912/29/08 at 4:44amThe best mod you can perform on your iGrados is recabling them with silver plated copper wire. It tightens up the bass and balances the sound, bringing out the treble which is very subdued on the iGrados. Be careful when desoldering/soldering the wires on the drivers. Here are mines, with SPC wire and some bluetack on the rear of the drivers for additional bass control.post #38 of 491/8/09 at 9:55pmpost #39 of 491/8/09 at 10:13pmpost #40 of 491/9/09 at 2:53ampost #41 of 491/9/09 at 5:06ampost #42 of 491/15/09 at 8:26pmAlright, figured I'd jump into the Grado sound nice and easy with the iGrado's. If I don't like them, I got a buddy who'll buy them from me for the same price. (I introduced him to hi-fi headphones, so he's game)
Was reading this thread, and then found another on here that said that newer iGrado's are not mod-able. Is this true? Something or other about the glue they use?
What's the deal?
-w-post #43 of 491/28/09 at 8:10pmQuote:Well proof is in the pudding so I tried my pipe idea and it work perfectly.
No guess work as the holes in the pads will be perfect.
-w-post #44 of 4911/23/10 at 5:16pm
Hello , sorry for bumping a 3 year old thread all the way up ..
but i need to ask something ..
I just got my iGrados (yes i'm pretty slow) ^_^
And i can see the insides of the headphone (metal thing labelled "Grado 32Ohm) ,
so does this mean my igrados are defoamed already?
And what are further improvements i can do to it ? Was considering the quarter mod , but dont know how to get around doing it T_T
(:post #45 of 4911/27/10 at 1:27pm
Ingyang i think your igrados are done with foam so on to the quarter mod: it's really easy all you need to do is take the pads off and place a nickel or quarter (whichever size you prefer) dead center in the pad (or as close as possible) then hold the coin down tight and use a sharp knife or x-acto knife to cut around it. Take it slow and make sure to make an even cut. Once your done just punch out the hole and replace the pads!
- igrado mods
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 8 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 51 seconds ago
- › New Nagra HD DAC 1 minute ago
- › iem sound better when slightly pressing with fingers? 1 minute ago
- › S.M.S.L M2 DAC First Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica 3000anv in new condition 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-W5000 headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 7 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)