- 208 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Mayfield, KY
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best earbuds for ipod nano 6th gen , yuins/senns/cm700/A8 Last post on 6/2/11 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- YUIN, try them again or something else? Last post on 11/17/10 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yuin's ? Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PX100-II or Yuin PK3? Last post on 11/17/10 at 11:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM, max $100 Last post on 7/28/10 at 3:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Back in March, I received the Zens from Lee of Venture Electronics in exchange for my honest impressions. I was a bit hesitant because I have never enjoyed earbuds, and that bias had me a bit...
I have owned my Audeze LCD 3f for about one year and have enjoyed the headphone immensely. The one thing that bothered me about the LCD 3 was the fact that they just seem to always be slightly...
-- The RBH EP3 is a brand new model succeeding the EP1 & EP2. ~ All photos were taken by me, no stock pictures from the manufacturer were used ~ *Packaging* Simple Box, but...
In 2012 Burson Audio introduced the Musician Series of headphone amplifiers that brought significant technical enhancements to their popular classic HA-160 line. Acknowledging that even the best...
Audio Technica has a long history of making wood-cupped headphones, both in limited edition and production models. The W2002, their first famous limited edition model, is now a highly...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread - Page 45
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Just ordered a new pair of PK3s though, I miss them so much! Just wondering if there's anything, besides taking better care of them, that I can do make them a little more tough.
this makes me wonder if my pair are just that defective or not, i picked them up a few days ago, 50 hours of burn in or so and they dont sound at all special. I've got stock earbuds from an Insignia radio that crush these...
idk if thats just me and my set, but im very upset right now. They need to do a 180 turn in the next few days or im selling them.
What kind of warranty do they have anyways, I know it comes with some kind of warranty card, but I don't know chinese so I have no clue what it says.
Just got myself a pair while I wait for JH16's to be made; for some reason the package took only 2 days to ship from NY to WA. Must have gotten mixed up with the express mail or something.
In any case... damn. For the price they really do sound pretty good; I'm sure the bass is overemphasized but to me it's still at a level where it's just coloring the music to its own tune, not bloating the basslines or anything. Remarkably comfy, too... nothing like the earcrushers that my old, old sony earbuds were (I avoided earbuds thanks to them for a looooong time). Either this thing's really that good or I'm very easy to impress, can't wait till I've properly broken them in.
I just got a pair of these and OMG, they are amazing straight from the box. I cannot believe that the sound they produce comes from soemthing so small. The base is really nice and they are not muddy like my old sony buds in any way.
Wow! Nice rig you got here!
Might plan to upgrade to Yuin PK-1 in the near future!!!
I think that how you perceive the PK3 depends on where you are coming from. I came from using Philips, Sony and Sennheiser MX360 earbuds and the PK3 is amazing compared to them. I am looking for other best bang for the buck choices and the new MX580 seems interesting as well as the older MX760 that you sometimes can find at a low price (but perhaps best to stay away from Ebay).
If you are coming from canal-phones, I can imagine that the bass that PK3 produces is not very impressive. But among the earbuds available it has until now been the best bang for the buck (now the Sennheiser MX580 is a contender).
I lost my OK3's last week and decided to order my 3rd (4th if you count repair) pair of PK3's. All my previous i have lost one side and then discarded them. I thought i'd gave them a chance because it's been a while and figure they must have fixed the manufacturing problem by now.
I did find my OK3's a day after the PK3's shipped. No big deal, i can use a back up pair and compare the two as well.
I got them today and opened the box and i'm immediately worried:
OK3 on top, PK3 on bottom.
The plug is the same one i had problems with on my previous PK3's and they're still using the same cable. I am very happy that i found my year old OK3's now because i don't expect the PK3's to last more than 4 months like my other pairs.
My suggestion for anyone looking at a pair of PK3's - spend the extra $20 for a pair of OK3's that will last longer than a season.
You write that the PK3 plug is on the bottom and the OK3 on the top in the picture. My PK3 plug looks exactly like the one on the top in the picture. I have owned them for over 1 year and no problem yet (knock on wood). I bought a pair to my wife and she has had no problem yet.
Does Yuin perhaps use different plugs for the same series of earbuds? Where did you buy your PK3? I got my 2 pairs from sellers on Ebay.
There's something magical in the PK3 sound that I can't find in any other headphone. For example, listening to Robert Miles' Children, PK3 somehow sounded more immersive and musical to my ears than headphones costing 20X as much. There's just something about the sound - the sound signature I guess - that really pulls me in. I think it's the upper mids/lower treble - they are not very detailed, but they have this really pleasing sparkle and a very unique coloration that seems to suit dreamy trance/electronic music like that of Robert Miles especially well.
- Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Owners Unite 18 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 45 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 48 seconds ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 7 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by waynes world
- › HiFiMAN HE-1000 by Blackrain
- › RBH EP-3 Earphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Burson Audio Conductor Virtuoso DAC1 ESS9018 DAC and Headphone Preamp by iDesign
- › Audio-Technica ATH-W1000Z by Currawong
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by shockdoc
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by Arvan
- › Pro-Ject Audio Head Box S USB by dnun8086
- › JVC Full-Size Headphones - Model HA-RX700 Wired Headphones by audiophilefan
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2