- 208 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Mayfield, KY
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best earbuds for ipod nano 6th gen , yuins/senns/cm700/A8 Last post on 6/2/11 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- YUIN, try them again or something else? Last post on 11/17/10 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yuin's ? Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PX100-II or Yuin PK3? Last post on 11/17/10 at 11:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM, max $100 Last post on 7/28/10 at 3:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So I got the chance to try out the Aune M1S, and to my Surprise it was way more than I had anticipated or expected. My first impressions was an absolute shock! This thing punches way above it...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be taking a look at the Paco, a compact, attractive, and smartly priced earphone in Fischer Audio's Totem series of products. Fischer Audio isn't new to the...
Overview I purchased these when they first came out during Black Friday in 2016, when they were on sale for $100 CAD. Until these I had mostly spent all of my money on IEMs since they're a lot...
INTRODUCTION Pioneer really surprised me with the new release of the DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones. I've recently tried out seven headphones that are considered high end and...
The nice thing about being last on the tour is that I have the benefit of completely broken in equipment. The new smell and feel is gone. Gone through many miles and air flights, and USPS trucks...
Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread - Page 45post #661 of 7782/14/10 at 3:30pmrsa tomahawk
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #662 of 7783/31/10 at 4:01pmI had a pair that lasted about 8 months...one of the buds just stopped putting out sound. I probably should have just brought them to a repair shop or something, but I went back to some other buds I had laying around for a while.
Just ordered a new pair of PK3s though, I miss them so much! Just wondering if there's anything, besides taking better care of them, that I can do make them a little more tough.post #663 of 7784/5/10 at 6:34pmThread StarterQuote:this makes me wonder if my pair are just that defective or not, i picked them up a few days ago, 50 hours of burn in or so and they dont sound at all special. I've got stock earbuds from an Insignia radio that crush these...
idk if thats just me and my set, but im very upset right now. They need to do a 180 turn in the next few days or im selling them.post #664 of 7784/8/10 at 5:09pmpost #665 of 7784/8/10 at 5:16pmpost #666 of 7785/4/10 at 7:04pmDoes anyone know whether those on ebay are covered by warranty? I don't think they make fakes of these but w/o warranty would be bad.
What kind of warranty do they have anyways, I know it comes with some kind of warranty card, but I don't know chinese so I have no clue what it says.post #667 of 7785/11/10 at 7:14pm
Just got myself a pair while I wait for JH16's to be made; for some reason the package took only 2 days to ship from NY to WA. Must have gotten mixed up with the express mail or something.
In any case... damn. For the price they really do sound pretty good; I'm sure the bass is overemphasized but to me it's still at a level where it's just coloring the music to its own tune, not bloating the basslines or anything. Remarkably comfy, too... nothing like the earcrushers that my old, old sony earbuds were (I avoided earbuds thanks to them for a looooong time). Either this thing's really that good or I'm very easy to impress, can't wait till I've properly broken them in.post #668 of 7786/18/10 at 3:11am
I just got a pair of these and OMG, they are amazing straight from the box. I cannot believe that the sound they produce comes from soemthing so small. The base is really nice and they are not muddy like my old sony buds in any way.post #669 of 7786/18/10 at 6:34ampost #670 of 7786/18/10 at 6:55amQuote:
Wow! Nice rig you got here!
Might plan to upgrade to Yuin PK-1 in the near future!!!post #671 of 7786/18/10 at 7:09pmQuote:
I think that how you perceive the PK3 depends on where you are coming from. I came from using Philips, Sony and Sennheiser MX360 earbuds and the PK3 is amazing compared to them. I am looking for other best bang for the buck choices and the new MX580 seems interesting as well as the older MX760 that you sometimes can find at a low price (but perhaps best to stay away from Ebay).
If you are coming from canal-phones, I can imagine that the bass that PK3 produces is not very impressive. But among the earbuds available it has until now been the best bang for the buck (now the Sennheiser MX580 is a contender).post #672 of 7786/19/10 at 7:57ampost #673 of 7788/2/10 at 2:52pm
I lost my OK3's last week and decided to order my 3rd (4th if you count repair) pair of PK3's. All my previous i have lost one side and then discarded them. I thought i'd gave them a chance because it's been a while and figure they must have fixed the manufacturing problem by now.
I did find my OK3's a day after the PK3's shipped. No big deal, i can use a back up pair and compare the two as well.
I got them today and opened the box and i'm immediately worried:
OK3 on top, PK3 on bottom.
The plug is the same one i had problems with on my previous PK3's and they're still using the same cable. I am very happy that i found my year old OK3's now because i don't expect the PK3's to last more than 4 months like my other pairs.
My suggestion for anyone looking at a pair of PK3's - spend the extra $20 for a pair of OK3's that will last longer than a season.post #674 of 7788/5/10 at 5:12am
You write that the PK3 plug is on the bottom and the OK3 on the top in the picture. My PK3 plug looks exactly like the one on the top in the picture. I have owned them for over 1 year and no problem yet (knock on wood). I bought a pair to my wife and she has had no problem yet.
Does Yuin perhaps use different plugs for the same series of earbuds? Where did you buy your PK3? I got my 2 pairs from sellers on Ebay.post #675 of 7788/5/10 at 7:34am
There's something magical in the PK3 sound that I can't find in any other headphone. For example, listening to Robert Miles' Children, PK3 somehow sounded more immersive and musical to my ears than headphones costing 20X as much. There's just something about the sound - the sound signature I guess - that really pulls me in. I think it's the upper mids/lower treble - they are not very detailed, but they have this really pleasing sparkle and a very unique coloration that seems to suit dreamy trance/electronic music like that of Robert Miles especially well.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 4 minutes ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 SDR modded (EU) 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 8 minutes ago
- › K702 with Anniversary Pads (8 bump version) 8 minutes ago
- › Tennmak 11 minutes ago
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by ngoshawk
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by ngoshawk
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by kevingzw
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by crabdog
- › PSB M4U 1 by JoshG1217
- › Cayin i5 by daduy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear