- 208 Posts. Joined 6/2008
- Location: Mayfield, KY
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Best earbuds for ipod nano 6th gen , yuins/senns/cm700/A8 Last post on 6/2/11 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- YUIN, try them again or something else? Last post on 11/17/10 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yuin's ? Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- PX100-II or Yuin PK3? Last post on 11/17/10 at 11:33pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need IEM, max $100 Last post on 7/28/10 at 3:48am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread - Page 45
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Just ordered a new pair of PK3s though, I miss them so much! Just wondering if there's anything, besides taking better care of them, that I can do make them a little more tough.
this makes me wonder if my pair are just that defective or not, i picked them up a few days ago, 50 hours of burn in or so and they dont sound at all special. I've got stock earbuds from an Insignia radio that crush these...
idk if thats just me and my set, but im very upset right now. They need to do a 180 turn in the next few days or im selling them.
What kind of warranty do they have anyways, I know it comes with some kind of warranty card, but I don't know chinese so I have no clue what it says.
Just got myself a pair while I wait for JH16's to be made; for some reason the package took only 2 days to ship from NY to WA. Must have gotten mixed up with the express mail or something.
In any case... damn. For the price they really do sound pretty good; I'm sure the bass is overemphasized but to me it's still at a level where it's just coloring the music to its own tune, not bloating the basslines or anything. Remarkably comfy, too... nothing like the earcrushers that my old, old sony earbuds were (I avoided earbuds thanks to them for a looooong time). Either this thing's really that good or I'm very easy to impress, can't wait till I've properly broken them in.
I just got a pair of these and OMG, they are amazing straight from the box. I cannot believe that the sound they produce comes from soemthing so small. The base is really nice and they are not muddy like my old sony buds in any way.
Wow! Nice rig you got here!
Might plan to upgrade to Yuin PK-1 in the near future!!!
I think that how you perceive the PK3 depends on where you are coming from. I came from using Philips, Sony and Sennheiser MX360 earbuds and the PK3 is amazing compared to them. I am looking for other best bang for the buck choices and the new MX580 seems interesting as well as the older MX760 that you sometimes can find at a low price (but perhaps best to stay away from Ebay).
If you are coming from canal-phones, I can imagine that the bass that PK3 produces is not very impressive. But among the earbuds available it has until now been the best bang for the buck (now the Sennheiser MX580 is a contender).
I lost my OK3's last week and decided to order my 3rd (4th if you count repair) pair of PK3's. All my previous i have lost one side and then discarded them. I thought i'd gave them a chance because it's been a while and figure they must have fixed the manufacturing problem by now.
I did find my OK3's a day after the PK3's shipped. No big deal, i can use a back up pair and compare the two as well.
I got them today and opened the box and i'm immediately worried:
OK3 on top, PK3 on bottom.
The plug is the same one i had problems with on my previous PK3's and they're still using the same cable. I am very happy that i found my year old OK3's now because i don't expect the PK3's to last more than 4 months like my other pairs.
My suggestion for anyone looking at a pair of PK3's - spend the extra $20 for a pair of OK3's that will last longer than a season.
You write that the PK3 plug is on the bottom and the OK3 on the top in the picture. My PK3 plug looks exactly like the one on the top in the picture. I have owned them for over 1 year and no problem yet (knock on wood). I bought a pair to my wife and she has had no problem yet.
Does Yuin perhaps use different plugs for the same series of earbuds? Where did you buy your PK3? I got my 2 pairs from sellers on Ebay.
There's something magical in the PK3 sound that I can't find in any other headphone. For example, listening to Robert Miles' Children, PK3 somehow sounded more immersive and musical to my ears than headphones costing 20X as much. There's just something about the sound - the sound signature I guess - that really pulls me in. I think it's the upper mids/lower treble - they are not very detailed, but they have this really pleasing sparkle and a very unique coloration that seems to suit dreamy trance/electronic music like that of Robert Miles especially well.
- Yuin PK3 Impressions Thread
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 21 seconds ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 28 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 47 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › The Interconnect and Power Cable Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 3 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2