New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Westone 3 universal IEM.... - Page 3

post #31 of 169
I am going to have to get a second job to support this uh, hobby?! Or work overtime but 12 hour shifts in cardiac can make listening something you only do to go to sleep. All a balancing act, oh yeah, balanced portable, now I have to save for that. . . help. .. .
post #32 of 169
Are there any full-sized cans that you would compare the sound sig and sq to?
post #33 of 169
I recall hound mentioning that the W3 benefit from amping, and now this rave review from Ray... The cynic in me senses a cross promotion scheme

Seriously though, I'm sure that if Ray says they're amazing - they most certainly are... even my inner cynic can't protect my wallet. I'll probably wait for the FOTM hype to die down before deciding though, 0.4k is a lot of dough for a cheap bastard like me.
post #34 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_the_membrane View Post
I recall hound mentioning that the W3 benefit from amping, and now this rave review from Ray... The cynic in me senses a cross promotion scheme

Seriously though, I'm sure that if Ray says they're amazing - they most certainly are... even my inner cynic can't protect my wallet. I'll probably wait for the FOTM hype to die down before deciding though, 0.4k is a lot of dough for a cheap bastard like me.
Completely off topic, but I really should start listing my purchases as decimals, like you did.

"Nick, how much were those RS-1's you bought."
"Not much at all, I only spent $.6 on them."
".6 of what?"
"Nah, just .6"
post #35 of 169

Huh? What-ya say sonny??

I just turned the big 5-0 so I'll be into Westones soon enough, hearing-aids that is.
post #36 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin74 View Post
I just turned the big 5-0 so I'll be into Westones soon enough, hearing-aids that is.
AARP discounts anyone?
post #37 of 169
Sooo..... Where are the post from the Cinco De Mayo Meet going to be posted?

I need a sombrerro Smiley
post #38 of 169
Should I save my money for customs or buy the universals and hope that I can resist? If I buy the universals, and then decide that I need to go all the way there with the customs, someone will offer me a buck fiddy for the used universals and I will take a loss on them as well as having to pay for the customs. Ouch!

Will there really be that much of a difference?
post #39 of 169
what is the estimated street price of these?
post #40 of 169
$399.00
post #41 of 169
I just spent half on hour with the westone 3s this afternoon at the cinco de meet, and I cannot agree with Ray more. I ran the threes through a fully burned in hornet -- ray chose it himself -- and I couldn't stop listening. Though the sound signature isn't the same, the only other thing at that meet that impressed me in the same way was Ray's R10 through his B-52. He's absolutely correct in citing the excellent sub-bass. The frequency response is simply astounding. Nothing before this has convinced me to let go of my etys, but they're on the chopping block now.
I'll post a more thorough review tomorrow in the meet impressions thread, but suffice it to say that no one could be disappointed by these little guys. Stunning.
post #42 of 169
Now we need someone to compare it with the Atrio M5
post #43 of 169
Do the um3's require an amp or can they be enjoyed straight from an ipod?
post #44 of 169
I would say get an amp probably to get rid of the hiss from bad players.

This sounds like an amazing IEM though.

Since i would use this on the move, anyone think that I would notice the upgrade from UM2s to westone3s?
p.s. change name to UM3 please because i cba to type westone3 - it will be better for your brand continuity too probably.
post #45 of 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ah1 View Post
I would say get an amp probably to get rid of the hiss from bad players.

This sounds like an amazing IEM though.

Since i would use this on the move, anyone think that I would notice the upgrade from UM2s to westone3s?
p.s. change name to UM3 please because i cba to type westone3 - it will be better for your brand continuity too probably.
It's not called the UM3 because that is a DIFFERENT series. The UM's were built for stage monitoring use. The new series starting with the 3 is built FOR personal listening.



Did someone actually ask for the 3 to be A/B's with the Atrio M5 ???? You're kidding right ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: