I like my eggs scramble, sunny side up, or fried when making an omlet. Other eggs I do enjoy on occassion are pídàn or Chinese thousand year old egg, and xían dàn or Chinese salted duck eggs.
post #46 of 85
5/3/07 at 3:31pm
I love eggs! Over easy, scrambled, poached, had-boiled, deviled, etc. But the best way to have eggs at breakfast is the Popeye Egg, which is an egg fried into a piece of toast. I can't find an image, but here is a recipe I modified from somebody who claims her mom invented it, which is lame. My mom's mom was making Popeye eggs many moons ago, and now my kids love them too.
- Take a slice of bread and cut out a round hole larger than an egg yolk in the center.
- Butter both sides of the bread and the hole.
- Put the slice of bread as well as the hole you've just cut into a frying pan.
- On low heat, grill both sides of the bread and the hole briefly.
- Crack an egg over over the slice of bread so the yolk falls into the hole. Lift the bread if you want to so the whites will slide under the bread.
- Cook on both sides, to taste, salt/pepper to taste, place the toast circle over the yolk, and you're ready to serve!
-Singing the Popeye the Sailor Man theme song while serving is optional.