Originally Posted by paradoxper
Thanks for the suggestion, Luis!
Combining the Husker's to my pre-shave with a cold water shave did absolute wonders!
Got the BBS shave I've been looking for and I've found cold water shaving to be such, such
a revelation. Absolutely no nicks, no irritation and the most refreshing shave I can recall.
I may even consider a daily shave now.
I have two awesome routines at the moment. One is the Huskers. Huskers leaves no scent which is nice. This is the second one..for a more special shave...
01) Splash cold water on clean face.
02) Rub cold water well into beard.
03) Take some Proraso Green Pre-Shave and apply to beard.
04) Let it sit on beard for 1-2 min
05) Take Proraso Green Cream and face lather directly on top of the pre-shave
06) Take my Slant and shave with first pass
07) Repeat #5
08) Take my Slant shave with second pass XTG
09) Wash down face with cold water
10) Admire (or touch up for) BBS shave
11) Apply Witch Hazel
12) Apply Proraso Green Aftershave Splash
13) Allow to dry
14) Apply Proraso White Pre/Post Shave Cream
15) Enjoy the amazing feel of an all Proraso shave.
I leave this second one for when I have a date. The feeling of cleanliness and the smell is fantastic. If I'm going to bed, I leave it as is. If I'm going out, I apply some cologne (I use a DIY one - very soft and clean smell) to my chest and lower neck. The positive feedback on this has been amazing.