New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shaving, gents - Page 6

post #76 of 859
You know, after getting rather annoyed by the Gillette Fusion I'm currently using, I think I'm going to order a proper DE razor, a brush and some shaving cream. Any blades that you DE users find exceptional?

Gee, thanks, guys, for giving me another way to spend money (though it's cheaper in the long run than buying replacement cartridges)!
post #77 of 859
I wax my eyebrows...lasts good for like a month before stubble starts to show up again to where it can be waxed again. I wouldn't dare wax my face...although, I'm contemplating it just to see how it affects the growth, and see how much it hurts, lol.

As far as shaving goes, my hair doesn't grow fast, I can literally shave one morning and wait two days before I get a scruffy 5'oclock shadow. I've tried it all, from $200 electric self cleaning Titanium razors to disposeables. Nothing beats a Mach 3....nothing.

The best razor out there bar none is the Gillette Mach 3 (sans a straight razor). I've used that quattro, and Fusion with ALL SORTS of gels, creams and powders. Anything more than 3 razors makes it hard for the hairs to get past the blade edge and rinse out, as well as let more hair get cut. Shave your pubes and you'll get an idea MUCH more than you bargained for, lol.

Mach 3 or bust. There's nothing better out there. It cleans easily (the hairs don't get stuck between the blades), shaves CLOSE, and is cheaper than those 50 blade cartridges. I will say though, that single side razor on the Fusion, is amazing...to bad the rest of the razor sucks...

Word from the wise though, there ARE counterfiet blades out there...so DO NOT buy those bulk razors you see on eBay and buy from your stores. They're fake and IMMEDIATELY noticeable when you take your first swipe. the barcodes even scan and the packaging is identical. A disposeable, cheap, single blade razor shaves better than those POS's.
post #78 of 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn View Post
Nothing beats a Mach 3....nothing.

The best razor out there bar none is the Gillette Mach 3 (sans a straight razor). I've used that quattro, and Fusion with ALL SORTS of gels, creams and powders. Anything more than 3 razors makes it hard for the hairs to get past the blade edge and rinse out, as well as let more hair get cut. Shave your pubes and you'll get an idea MUCH more than you bargained for, lol.

Mach 3 or bust. There's nothing better out there. It cleans easily (the hairs don't get stuck between the blades), shaves CLOSE, and is cheaper than those 50 blade cartridges. I will say though, that single side razor on the Fusion, is amazing...to bad the rest of the razor sucks..
QFT! Mach 3 runs circles around the competition. The only reason I have a Fusion is because Gillette sent me one free in the mail.

Anyways, I use a Mach 3, Edge Shaving Cream, and occassional Drakkar Noir Aftershave Creme after a nice shower.
post #79 of 859
I use a Beard Trimmer most of the time, however, when I wet shave I use;

Clinique Face Scrub
http://www.clinique.co.uk/templates/...CT_ID=PROD1076

Gillette Fusion

Baxter Pure Badger Hair Shaving Brush
http://your-cosmetics.com/p/Baxter_o...roducts_id=300

Geo F Trumper Rose Soap
http://www.mankind.co.uk/ProductDeta...roductID=22118

Clinique Post-Shave Healer
http://www.clinique.co.uk/templates/...CT_ID=PROD1123

Although I don't wet shave that often, I've been considering a Cut-Throat Razor.
post #80 of 859
Sorry guys, this razor kicks the living sh!t out of the Mach 3 and every other razor I've used. Double edged safety razors rule:

post #81 of 859
post #82 of 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Sorry guys, this razor kicks the living sh!t out of the Mach 3 and every other razor I've used. Double edged safety razors rule:

i have that merkur futur...with a different brush. love it.

i've been in love with the nancy boy shave cream...and while i was in london last month i stopped by at taylor's of old bond street and picked up a tub of cream that is even better than the nancy boy stuff...
post #83 of 859
mach 3, gillette gel, and nivea after shave balm
post #84 of 859
Is there some magical juice I must drink or prayer I must say to be able to grow decent facial hair? I am 24 but feel 16.

I generally shave every 2-3 days. Usually with an electric, but sometimes I bust out the ol' sensor excel.
post #85 of 859
16 and never shaved once in my life. asian
i do enjoy the occasional tweezing of the stache though, am i the only one out there?
post #86 of 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by judas391 View Post
16 and never shaved once in my life. asian
i do enjoy the occasional tweezing of the stache though, am i the only one out there?
i guess the grass is always greener on the otherside

i wouldn't mind never having to shave again
post #87 of 859
I use a braun electric, so I don't need shaving cream.
post #88 of 859
I use a single-bladed Merkur razor with shaving soap and a badger brush. Because there's nothing like cold steel!
post #89 of 859
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzel View Post
I use a single-bladed Merkur razor with shaving soap and a badger brush. Because there's nothing like cold steel!
Werd.

Occaisonally I use water that is too hot, which heats the cold steel and burns the bloody hell out of my face.

Badger brushes are fantastic, but they smell pretty rank the first week or so.
post #90 of 859
Oh, I loved that smell. Not that I recommend snorting badger.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home