Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › withdraw of amps
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

withdraw of amps - Page 2  

post #16 of 134
Well words are better than bullets. Life is short time to listen to and make music!
post #17 of 134
Is this supposed to be in the Member of the Trade section?

I don't know to report it and ask a mod or umm..post the question here?

Guess I will post it here..haha
post #18 of 134
It seemed to me that most if not all of the lengthy exchange and related posting was in this section. I would have never found this follow up if in another section.
post #19 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Gehrke View Post
But I don't want to repeat the glory of our disputes. I really hope Jan is fine with the drawback.
Wise decision...
post #20 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
It seemed to me that most if not all of the lengthy exchange and related posting was in this section. I would have never found this follow up if in another section.
Regardless of where you would of followed the threads there is a place made for MOT's to "Announce" new products or talk about them besides the simple answers..

he announced a new product here..get me?

I think..
post #21 of 134
So what if the forum rules are BENT a few times ~
post #22 of 134
Yes he did announce a new product, but most of the post was about old business, discussed in this area. Maybe he should have made two posts??

If you saw my post count, you might have thought to help me to find this announcement area. Nonetheless, even the announcement of the new amp is relevant to the old business as it represents a complete redesign, from what I can tell. Hence it is relevant to any discussion of the *current* overlap or lack thereof between the two company's amps, and its differences also speak a bit to past similarities .... So I think it's a bit complicated on many levels.
post #23 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandrake View Post
Yes he did announce a new product, but most of the post was about old business, discussed in this area. Maybe he should have made two posts??

If you saw my post count, you might have thought to help me to find this announcement area. Nonetheless, even the announcement of the new amp is relevant to the old business as it represents a complete redesign, from what I can tell. Hence it is relevant to any discussion of the *current* overlap or lack thereof between the two company's amps, and its differences also speak a bit to past similarities .... So I think it's a bit complicated on many levels.
Its complicated by the fuller ramifications of old business which broke the rules of the forum and the implication of having to straiten out old business with a withdrawal offer said at the same time in announcement of new product offerings in the wrong forum again breaks with policy & the privilege to do so. Saying two wrongs makes it right spins logic on its head, but hey the man has his reputation to project.
post #24 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen View Post
Saying two wrongs makes it right spins logic on its head, but hey the man has his reputation to project.
Absolutely right! The only right thing to do is just to move forward from this.
post #25 of 134
I don't think I said anything about wrongs and rights, and I don't have a dog in this fight.

That said, I'm a serious lurker and have years of experience on hi fi and other forums. I can't find any place more likely than this forum area (headphone amps) to find announcements. On forum jump below, and on the main forum page, I just don't see an announcements page.

And I'm sorry if I'm jumping into water deeper than I realize. This is evidently a touchy thread, so let's live and let live. At this point, I'm just asking where to find forum info on announcements. For example, Headroom is supposed to be out w/new stuff, and I learned that here in this section, but I'd love to learn more. Eventually, I'll have an amp in the Bithead, Porta Corda USB, Headphonia USB range... But these are evolving and are hotly debated. So please tell me where to learn more if this is not the right section?
post #26 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen View Post
So what if the forum rules are BENT a few times ~
I hear ya, just asking..

Oh I am one to bend...Like a pretzel!..
post #27 of 134
GAWD! Give it a rest, Hi-Finthen, PLEASE. This is a product recall announcement, not somewhere for you to go on and on about your own negative opinions.

FWIW, I think this is a class-act by Headphonia.
post #28 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Gehrke View Post
On April 7th I wrote Jan a very friendly email to solve the matter priviately. I offered him two options: Paying him a one time fee for using the obviously same crossfeed topology which he applied for a patent or withdraw all sold amps -- however only in case he could give me plausible explanation why the topology is not the Ohman crossfeed puplicized in 1994. He did not answer to this email and choose to escalate it in puplic.
Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't it verified here that the previous headphonia was a complete copy of Jan's amp and not just the crossfeed?
post #29 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDanno View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't it verified here that the previous headphonia was a complete copy of Jan's amp and not just the crossfeed?
This recall was made for some reason, right? If it is was a copy, a very similar amp, or whatever it is, this recall will end this problem, and it was indeed one of the solutions that Jan offered and he accepted as perfectly fair...
post #30 of 134
First, I agree that this recall is a very classy response, especially since there is more than one set of "facts" around.

I think that it is unfair to both parties to think that anybody besides those parties knows all the relevant facts and perspectives. I don't know if Headphonia intended to copy Meier's amps or if the circuit and its permutations are or were in the public domain. Neither do I know if Headphonia had a sense of what was proprietary and what was not. Nor do I really know that the amps are copies of each other. I understand Meier's concern and would likely be distressed if I were him - he has spent a great deal of time and thought into building his business and advancing this hobby. I also understand that there is no intellectual property without patents - the sole purpose of patents are to protect intellectual property. Even then, many patents do not hold up in court because of prior invention, etc. I work in an industry that often deals with intellectual property issues and I can tell you that these things are almost always NOT black and white. I am just glad that a reasonable resolution was found and would love to just move on.

Sorry for the rant. Take care.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › withdraw of amps