New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

K1000 Room Impression Thread

post #1 of 236
Thread Starter 
The K1000 room is up and running using the Slim Devices Transporter and 5 Squeezboxes. More to come...
post #2 of 236
Pics omg need pics! That sounds so amazing!
post #3 of 236
Ahhh...great...how is the Woo-5 300B sounding?
post #4 of 236
How are the sources/transports setup?

Looking forward to impressions, thanks in advance guys.
post #5 of 236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bperboy View Post
Pics omg need pics! That sounds so amazing!
This is a picless thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stax-i-nox View Post
Ahhh...great...how is the Woo-5 300B sounding?
Unfortunately, we don't have the Woo-5 in the room. He is set up in the main room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Pak View Post
How are the sources/transports setup?

Looking forward to impressions, thanks in advance guys.
We had some technical problems early on but we were able to get the Transporter and Squeezeboxes all working. I haven't had a too much listening time but initial impressions are that the Transporter is the real deal.
post #6 of 236
Please pics, I guess I just have to imagine...
post #7 of 236
Hardwired cable comparisons, please. Particularly in the area of warmth and smoothing out highs. i.e.: which cable warms and smooths out the highs the best?
post #8 of 236

...the main room?....I wonder...

...if someone can go plug in a K1000 into the Woo-5?
post #9 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
We had some technical problems early on but we were able to get the Transporter and Squeezeboxes all working. I haven't had a too much listening time but initial impressions are that the Transporter is the real deal.
Thanks tyrion.

I guess I'm just a little confused how five Squeezeboxes are setup with only one Transporter. I assume the Transporter was the analog source, but was it the same source for every K1000 setup?
post #10 of 236
This thread is useless without........... EEK, OMGZ111!!1!!!!

I wish I was there, I'd love to hear all the K1K comparisons, cool stuff indeed.
post #11 of 236
Has anyone tested K1000 wtih Woo 6?
post #12 of 236
Thread Starter 





post #13 of 236
Did anybody get a chance to listen to the Zanden amp with K1000s?
post #14 of 236
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikane View Post
Did anybody get a chance to listen to the Zanden amp with K1000s?
It is spectacular. I was the best of the room, imo. It was being sourced by a Audio Aero Capitole cdp. We didn't try it with the Squeezebox or Transporter which were sourcing the other amps. The only amp that was also using the Audio Aero in addition to the Zanden was the Moth 300b which is another fine K1000 amp but it was a step below the Zanden.
post #15 of 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
It is spectacular. I was the best of the room, imo. It was being sourced by a Audio Aero Capitole cdp. We didn't try it with the Squeezebox or Transporter which were sourcing the other amps. The only amp that was also using the Audio Aero in addition to the Zanden was the Moth 300b which is another fine K1000 amp but it was a step below the Zanden.
Sure, and at $34K, you could trade one Zanden for the vast majority of the other amps in the room, right?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home