New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OFFICIAL UNOFFICIAL 2007 INTERNATIONAL MEET IMPRESSIONS THREAD! - Page 8

post #106 of 815
Pah, fishsticks. Ill take 10 pairs. ;D
post #107 of 815
Among many other things:

I've read and heard rumors about Headroom, Justin/Headamp, and possibly a few others taking their first steps into the DAC realm.

I'd sure be interested to see if those rumors either get confirmed or shot down.

Enjoying the threads! I wish I was there, too.
post #108 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer5150 View Post
he sure looks like he's having fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer5150 View Post
:O tyll is living the dream! he isn't kidding in his profile.

Headphone Inventory:
Everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosgp View Post
The Audiophile Desktop is not going to be cheap. The speakers alone (Amphion Ion) cost almost 900€ in europe.
you beat me to it. those are speakers that i've been looking at for a while. quite amazing, quite expensive.
post #109 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Thorsen View Post
Among many other things:

I've read and heard rumors about Headroom, Justin/Headamp, and possibly a few others taking their first steps into the DAC realm.

I'd sure be interested to see if those rumors either get confirmed or shot down.

Enjoying the threads! I wish I was there, too.
microdac?

also, about the apache: trose49 already hinted that ray was going to make a high-end balanced solid state amplifier. he wasn't kidding.
post #110 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
microdac?
Yeah, that's true enough.

Quote:

also, about the apache: trose49 already hinted that ray was going to make a high-end balanced solid state amplifier. he wasn't kidding.
The Apache, right? Dang near 3 grand if I read correctly earlier in this thread? Whew!
post #111 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
you beat me to it. those are speakers that i've been looking at for a while. quite amazing, quite expensive.
I have been toying with the idea of a desktop speaker setup for a while too. The Ions are among the first in my list, but I do not see it clear, too much money in a secondary speaker setup... Maybe the Audiophile Desktop is going to do it easier for me. I don't know, I don't have a pair of RS1s yet, and they are calling my name! .
post #112 of 815
guys, i saw this in another thread:



is this from this national meet or last year's? is he... ok??

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosgp View Post
I have been toying with the idea of a desktop speaker setup for a while too. The Ions are among the first in my list, but I do not see it clear, too much money in a secondary speaker setup... Maybe the Audiophile Desktop is going to do it easier for me. I don't know, I don't have a pair of RS1s yet, and they are calling my name! .
yeah, and they're kinda big. don't want to start an off-topic discussion in this of all threads, but pm me if you want to talk bookshelf speakers. i have been looking into good bookshelves forever now, especially small ones.
post #113 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
microdac?

also, about the apache: trose49 already hinted that ray was going to make a high-end balanced solid state amplifier. he wasn't kidding.
I never Kid!!!!

LOL!!!!

Wish I could have made it!

I want to meet my Buddy Ray!!!!!
post #114 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
guys, i saw this in another thread:



is this from this national meet or last year's? is he... ok??
That's Ray after he won something in the raffle at last year's National.

The Apache is looking very tempting to me. I am in the market for a balanced amp...
post #115 of 815
The Hoffman talk was nice, really nice to see a view from the other side of the music we listen to..
it got hot in the room though, like imagine a sealed room with a bunch of people in it..eekkk

Tyll from Headroom and Matt from Shure did a talk about headphone graph's and Tyll explained a lot on how to use them and stuff like that. i got the first 20mins on camera but my battery died.

the amp maker panal is about to start, Given the fact i talk to most of those guys on a regular basis will answer if I am going to that..I might drop in for a coffee though.

I am so tired! like I am beat tired..I listened to a lot of gear today and got some really good time in on some of it. Heard the ultrasones stuff for the first time, heard the Shure e420's,heard the Ae-2 and revisited the GSX for a go. the pk3's earbuds from the group buy sounded really nice to my ears...
heard the Singlepower balanced state amp also.took a lot of pics of the THREE new amps from them..different look about them which is nice to see.
of course I heard the apache but not for a long time, hey I own a B52..i can't afford another #1...joking

dudes i need a shower and some sleep, but i dont think i am going to get the sleep part. lots of plans for late night listening parties and stuff like that.
weird part is all day today you start getting this feeling of walking by these members just like if you stumbled on one of their posts..awesome!

tomorrow I want to do a early mourning 1 min interview tape with each maker/seller and then just listen to more music.
post #116 of 815
For those interested in visual qualities of the toys in addition to sonic qualities, I took some photos at the meet today and posted them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/liuvinc...7600104568093/

Cheers!
post #117 of 815
How do you like the GS-X?
post #118 of 815
Well, guys, the main room is now closed for the day, we just had the raffle of the door prizes a few minutes ago. In about 15 minutes starts the amp manufacturers panel discussion and dinner.

THe first day was amazing, so many great amps and cans that I don't even know where to start. To me the best thing was metting all these people that are behind the avatars.
post #119 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokiburi View Post
For those interested in visual qualities of the toys in addition to sonic qualities, I took some photos at the meet today and posted them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/liuvinc...7600104568093/

Cheers!
Lovely shots!
post #120 of 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
Lovely shots!
X2 and very artistic and well done, indeed. Thank you.














More I want to see more!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home