- 10,133 Posts. Joined 8/2002
- Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- If you had $500... Would you get the RS-2? Last post on 9/17/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparative review of the Sennheiser HD650 and the Stax SR-202 Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do Objective Headphone Measurements Correlate to the Audiophile's Subjective Experience? Last post on 3/6/13 at 3:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Lately, it seems that I’ve found myself more and more frequently using high power requirement cans on the go. The downside with that is that my phone & likely not even my DAP has enough juice...
My preferred sound signature: A bit bass heavy, forward mids, and neutral treble. Love high detailed and clear sound. *All critical listening is done using a Chord Mojo* In almost every...
Jecklin Float Electrostatic: Refurbishment & Review (lots of pictures) - Page 5post #61 of 8610/24/09 at 7:21amNormal 5x20 slow blow fuse is all you need here. Unlike most fuses though, these are in the signal path so you might get some improvement with more expensive types but I'd rather just buy the foam.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 8610/24/09 at 7:55ampost #63 of 8610/24/09 at 8:08amI'm not sure what the eBay one is getting at, probably the slow blow feature of being able to withstand a higher current draw for a short period of time then a normal fuse. Just buy from Maplin since their reputation is sound.post #64 of 8610/24/09 at 10:03ampost #65 of 8610/24/09 at 12:09pmpost #66 of 8610/24/09 at 12:23pmpost #67 of 866/15/10 at 1:17pmpost #68 of 866/18/10 at 9:35am
Are the fuses of the correct value to begin with? There should be something about it printed on the back panel or on the PCB. That's the only reason I can think of why they are blowing when the amp feeds the box more current.
Another option might be a parts breaking down causing the box to draw too much current but I do doubt it.post #69 of 869/23/12 at 11:50ampost #70 of 8612/29/12 at 10:01pm
Hi I'm new here as I have just found my Model 1 headphones in a box after a decade. Of course the foam has deteriorated badly and I want to fix them up and keep using them. Great description of the renovation. Does anyone supply the foam pads? Thanks.post #71 of 8612/30/12 at 12:44ampost #72 of 862/5/13 at 1:06pmpost #73 of 8610/31/13 at 12:20am
I'm new to this board. Recently got a Jecklin from eBay, found this thread but missing the pictures from the OP. Am I doing something wrong? Are they hidden or lost?
Edited by backinblack - 10/31/13 at 12:37ampost #74 of 8611/1/13 at 7:17ampost #75 of 8611/1/13 at 7:22am
OP = original post or original poster
It refers to the person or post that started the thread.
- Jecklin Float Electrostatic: Refurbishment & Review (lots of pictures)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Band Name Game II 59 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › COMING SOON: Shanling M2s Hi-Res DAP with AK4490 + MUSE8920 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › [WTS] the BEST OFFER of Audeze LCD-3 PF (non-Fazor) Zebrano, Mint... 4 minutes ago
- › New Release----Mixcder Wired Earbuds X5 Tests and Reviews Start now 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 5 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear