- 10,133 Posts. Joined 8/2002
- Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- If you had $500... Would you get the RS-2? Last post on 9/17/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparative review of the Sennheiser HD650 and the Stax SR-202 Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do Objective Headphone Measurements Correlate to the Audiophile's Subjective Experience? Last post on 3/6/13 at 3:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
Beyerdynamic has been a tried and true brand for me over the years. In fact, their T70p was my first ever headphone I purchased over $200 (how the times have changed). Their quality and...
Jecklin Float Electrostatic: Refurbishment & Review (lots of pictures) - Page 5post #61 of 8610/24/09 at 7:21amNormal 5x20 slow blow fuse is all you need here. Unlike most fuses though, these are in the signal path so you might get some improvement with more expensive types but I'd rather just buy the foam.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 8610/24/09 at 7:55ampost #63 of 8610/24/09 at 8:08amI'm not sure what the eBay one is getting at, probably the slow blow feature of being able to withstand a higher current draw for a short period of time then a normal fuse. Just buy from Maplin since their reputation is sound.post #64 of 8610/24/09 at 10:03ampost #65 of 8610/24/09 at 12:09pmpost #66 of 8610/24/09 at 12:23pmpost #67 of 866/15/10 at 1:17pmpost #68 of 866/18/10 at 9:35am
Are the fuses of the correct value to begin with? There should be something about it printed on the back panel or on the PCB. That's the only reason I can think of why they are blowing when the amp feeds the box more current.
Another option might be a parts breaking down causing the box to draw too much current but I do doubt it.post #69 of 869/23/12 at 11:50ampost #70 of 8612/29/12 at 10:01pm
Hi I'm new here as I have just found my Model 1 headphones in a box after a decade. Of course the foam has deteriorated badly and I want to fix them up and keep using them. Great description of the renovation. Does anyone supply the foam pads? Thanks.post #71 of 8612/30/12 at 12:44ampost #72 of 862/5/13 at 1:06pmpost #73 of 8610/31/13 at 12:20am
I'm new to this board. Recently got a Jecklin from eBay, found this thread but missing the pictures from the OP. Am I doing something wrong? Are they hidden or lost?
Edited by backinblack - 10/31/13 at 12:37ampost #74 of 8611/1/13 at 7:17ampost #75 of 8611/1/13 at 7:22am
OP = original post or original poster
It refers to the person or post that started the thread.
- Jecklin Float Electrostatic: Refurbishment & Review (lots of pictures)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 seconds ago
- › Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384... 21 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Review on HtC 10 and Sound quality (AQstic Dedicated Integrated DAC) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 4 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K401 vs K501 8 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 10 minutes ago
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear