- 10,133 Posts. Joined 8/2002
- Location: Reykjavik, Iceland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- choosing an open can Last post on 10/4/12 at 8:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- If you had $500... Would you get the RS-2? Last post on 9/17/12 at 3:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparative review of the Sennheiser HD650 and the Stax SR-202 Last post on 1/21/15 at 2:12pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Do Objective Headphone Measurements Correlate to the Audiophile's Subjective Experience? Last post on 3/6/13 at 3:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Next best heaphones to HD 800 using a NuForce icon HDP Last post on 9/26/11 at 9:30am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
Jecklin Float Electrostatic: Refurbishment & Review (lots of pictures) - Page 5post #61 of 8610/24/09 at 7:21amNormal 5x20 slow blow fuse is all you need here. Unlike most fuses though, these are in the signal path so you might get some improvement with more expensive types but I'd rather just buy the foam.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 8610/24/09 at 7:55ampost #63 of 8610/24/09 at 8:08amI'm not sure what the eBay one is getting at, probably the slow blow feature of being able to withstand a higher current draw for a short period of time then a normal fuse. Just buy from Maplin since their reputation is sound.post #64 of 8610/24/09 at 10:03ampost #65 of 8610/24/09 at 12:09pmpost #66 of 8610/24/09 at 12:23pmpost #67 of 866/15/10 at 1:17pmpost #68 of 866/18/10 at 9:35am
Are the fuses of the correct value to begin with? There should be something about it printed on the back panel or on the PCB. That's the only reason I can think of why they are blowing when the amp feeds the box more current.
Another option might be a parts breaking down causing the box to draw too much current but I do doubt it.post #69 of 869/23/12 at 11:50ampost #70 of 8612/29/12 at 10:01pm
Hi I'm new here as I have just found my Model 1 headphones in a box after a decade. Of course the foam has deteriorated badly and I want to fix them up and keep using them. Great description of the renovation. Does anyone supply the foam pads? Thanks.post #71 of 8612/30/12 at 12:44ampost #72 of 862/5/13 at 1:06pmpost #73 of 8610/31/13 at 12:20am
I'm new to this board. Recently got a Jecklin from eBay, found this thread but missing the pictures from the OP. Am I doing something wrong? Are they hidden or lost?
Edited by backinblack - 10/31/13 at 12:37ampost #74 of 8611/1/13 at 7:17ampost #75 of 8611/1/13 at 7:22am
OP = original post or original poster
It refers to the person or post that started the thread.
- Jecklin Float Electrostatic: Refurbishment & Review (lots of pictures)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 4 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 50 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › KuraDa KD-P1 (new japanese "Summit-Fi" open headphone) 1 minute ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 6 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear