So, I have finally powered-on my MOSFET-MAX for the 1st time and in the process of biasing. Currently, my values are as follows:
- Power Supply Voltage = 27.0 VDC
- Tube Bias = ~13.5 VDC for both tubes
- DB Bias = 0.0 mVDC for both L & R
I am using matched 12FM6 tubes I purchased from Beezar.com. They are new so I expect fluctuations in Tube bias for a bit until they are "broken in".
My questions are:
- Is it enough to break-in the tubes by turning on the amp and (1) leaving it on for hours, and (2) occasionally checking and adjusting the tube bias, and (3) leaving the DB bias at 0.0 mV, and (4) running no audio through the amp?
- How long is the typical break-in period for new tubes?
- Is there a suggested or best method to break-in new tubes?
- Should I wait for the tubes to break-in before adjusting DB bias since DB bias can have negative impact on transistor health?