Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..) - Page 15

post #211 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

By the way, the correct way to do the kramer mod is to detach the faceplates off from the rest of the headphone body first, before drilling holes in the plates. There is no risk of damaging the drivers that way.

 

That's what I did.

 

Next night edit: DAMN these sound good! Questioning my $1000 setup............ lol


Edited by yokken - 11/15/12 at 7:08pm
post #212 of 242

Just got the Parts Express headphones... garbage! lol... at least they threw in a 1/8->1/4" adapter! Took the drivers off, snapped the Koss' right on. Now we're cruisin!!! These really are great for the price. Only problem is I don't remember which side is left or right! Oh well... I can always switch them around.

post #213 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokken View Post

Just got the Parts Express headphones... garbage! lol... at least they threw in a 1/8->1/4" adapter! Took the drivers off, snapped the Koss' right on. Now we're cruisin!!! These really are great for the price. Only problem is I don't remember which side is left or right! Oh well... I can always switch them around.

 

Use your windows audio panel to test L/R channel.

post #214 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerg View Post

 

Use your windows audio panel to test L/R channel.

 

I am using a Mac... I will see if I can change the balance/channels.

post #215 of 242

You can also use this test 3 second mp3 that I've found in the sound folder of the Diablo PC game installation directory. Matt Uelmen says "test left" on the left and "test right" on the right.

 

http://soundcloud.com/devouringone3/matt-uelmen-test-left-test (I've enabled download)


Edited by devouringone3 - 11/18/12 at 5:30pm
post #216 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by devouringone3 View Post

You can also use this test 3 second mp3, it says "test left" on the left and "test right" on the right.

 

http://soundcloud.com/devouringone3/matt-uelmen-test-left-test (I've enabled download)

 

Matt Uelmen is literally the greatest video game soundtrack composer.

post #217 of 242

Always on the look out to try some new headphones so have ordered some of these and http://www.maplin.co.uk/universal-mini-headphones-4950?doy=21m2&forceupdate=y 

 

I see on the OP there are two images missing, the instructions look clear and fine but just want to check theres nothing in the image I need to see is there?

post #218 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayn12 View Post

Always on the look out to try some new headphones so have ordered some of these and http://www.maplin.co.uk/universal-mini-headphones-4950?doy=21m2&forceupdate=y 

 

I see on the OP there are two images missing, the instructions look clear and fine but just want to check theres nothing in the image I need to see is there?

The headband looks exactly the same as the one parts-express sells.

post #219 of 242
That headphone is no longer available at maplin.co.uk. I found the same thing on ebay. The rest of this post is a duplicate of http://www.head-fi.org/t/638757/koss-ksc75s-dont-forget-about-this-giant-killer-in-all-the-hype/120#post_9499597 and I'm duplicating it so that any UK people can be fairly sure to find the details amongst the numerous Koss KSC and Porta Pro mod threads.

For anyone in the UK who wants one of these cheap headbands it can be found for £0.99 + £1.99 postage on ebay. Orange Lightweight Stereo Headphones Adjustable Headband Cheap School Office



Quite a lot of other people and stores sell them. The product part number is A070B so if you google "a070b headphone uk" you'll find a choice. Sometimes these are branded as Altai. I bought mine from the ebay seller linked above and they were delivered on time (just now). The KSC75 clip right into the headband as expected and it works nicely. You can have the drivers a little lower and more forward than is possible with the clips so you no longer have that feeling that the music is above and behind as the positioning is now the same as with a conventional headphone.

These also look just right with my iRiver H140:

post #220 of 242

Anyone knows where to find a cheap headband in the rest of Europe?

The A070B are cheap but shipping cost to Portugal is 20eur on amazon.co.uk and on ebay they only ship to the UK

post #221 of 242

Is this thread still alive? I really need help fellas.

 

So I went to amazon.fr and amazon.de to find those headphones, so I can use my KSC75 without a pain (I hate those clips).

 

Can someone tell me which number will work perfectly?

 

1) http://www.amazon.fr/G%C3%A9n%C3%A9rique-100-035-Casque-St%C3%A9r%C3%A9o/dp/B000BN6LFO/ref=sr_1_35?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1384191453&sr=1-35

 

2) http://www.amazon.de/Hama-EasyLine-Stereokopfh%C3%B6rer-500-schwarz/dp/B000RZ6ZF2/ref=sr_1_100?s=ce-accessories&ie=UTF8&qid=1384191356&sr=1-100

 

3) http://www.amazon.de/AV-Budget-Stereo-Kopfh%C3%B6rer/dp/B005L3UMBI/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_acc_1

 

4) http://www.amazon.de/Kopfh%C3%B6rer-Stereo-ST-40-profitec/dp/B000NZK21Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_7

 

Doesn't matter which one, I just want one of them to be the "correct" one so I can use the headband.

post #222 of 242

They will probably all fit!

 

I had one of these before (with this musical note shaped plastic socket and slider) and sadly because it came with an (even) cheaper, flimsy plastic headband – instead of metal – it wouldn't apply enough pressure to stay on my head or provide the bass I wanted (which was one of the reason I was buying such an aftermarket headband; the second reason being that I also hated those clips!).

 

So make sure they have a metal headband. Judging from the photos you're safe as they all have a metal headband.

 

Another thing though is that this headband won't offer horizontal pivot (swivel?) to the KSC75 cups. The KSC75 cup clips real hard into place and allows it absolutely no play, which otherwise would normally provide a better fit and comfort. On the other hand, the second of these el' cheapo headphones I bought, which had a headband identical to the one in the latest posted photos (a few post above), offered some swivel to accommodate more head and ear profiles, but the cups didn't hold as well so I had to insert some adhesive putty in the joint between the headband and my KSC75 cups.

post #223 of 242

!! Oh and this one (judging by the photo of the item; which I hope if reflective of the headphone you're going to get) 

 

http://www.amazon.de/Kopfh%C3%B6rer-Stereo-ST-40-profitec/dp/B000NZK21Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_7

 

Is the best of the four, because the metal arch wraps around the plastic sliders, and not the other way around, contrary to the other 3 headphones you linked. This will give you a bit more pressure and bass. The other ones will feel more flimsy and might even become loose and loose their setting while you're wearing them.

post #224 of 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by devouringone3 View Post
 

They will probably all fit!

 

I had one of these before (with this musical note shaped plastic socket and slider) and sadly because it came with an (even) cheaper, flimsy plastic headband – instead of metal – it wouldn't apply enough pressure to stay on my head or provide the bass I wanted (which was one of the reason I was buying such an aftermarket headband; the second reason being that I also hated those clips!).

 

So make sure they have a metal headband. Judging from the photos you're safe as they all have a metal headband.

 

Another thing though is that this headband won't offer horizontal pivot (swivel?) to the KSC75 cups. The KSC75 cup clips real hard into place and allows it absolutely no play, which otherwise would normally provide a better fit and comfort. On the other hand, the second of these el' cheapo headphones I bought, which had a headband identical to the one in the latest posted photos (a few post above), offered some swivel to accommodate more head and ear profiles, but the cups didn't hold as well so I had to insert some adhesive putty in the joint between the headband and my KSC75 cups.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by devouringone3 View Post
 

!! Oh and this one (judging by the photo of the item; which I hope if reflective of the headphone you're going to get) 

 

http://www.amazon.de/Kopfh%C3%B6rer-Stereo-ST-40-profitec/dp/B000NZK21Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_ce_7

 

Is the best of the four, because the metal arch wraps around the plastic sliders, and not the other way around, contrary to the other 3 headphones you linked. This will give you a bit more pressure and bass. The other ones will feel more flimsy and might even become loose and loose their setting while you're wearing them.


Dude, you are awesome. I am going to order the link you sent to see what can I do. After receiving the item, if I have problems performing the mod, I will be here again to ask help. If everything goes smooth, I will provide a photo or two ;)

post #225 of 242

It's quite easy in itself but one channel took all the force out of me to snap into place; the other was a breeze. The plastic just isn't molded to perfection so I can't really tell you what to expect (but yeah it's just a matter of snapping out the clip and snapping in the cup into the headband).

 

Just a word of warning:

I hope you're not putting too much money because you might be (maybe) slightly thrown off by the comfort. Even on my “swiveling type” headband I have one single hotspot (fit isn't good; the horizontal plane angling of the cups is too small compared to my ear's) and while it works awesome and I'm not feeling it for an hour or two, after that I have to insert a HD414 pad onto the stock sponge of the KSC75 just to make them bearable.

 

I swear it may sound unimportant, it's just foam but the added pressure (which gives you bass, it's a desirable aspect and added benefit you can only have with this headband) get's very irritating in long sessions... just like some people complain about the scratchy Grado headphones foam pads: when you don't have a minimum of comfort, it's hard to listen no matter the headphone.

 

 

But you can also expect comfort to be fair overall (or else you find a way to increase cushioning like I do myself with a pair of HD414 pads) and still a lot better than that of the clips. You might also have better results if the non “swiveling headband” happens to be better designed. This also all depends a lot on the morphology of your ear.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Simple KSC75 to Headband Mod, Easy As Pie (Pics, 56k, maybe..)