New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Futuresonics Atrio M5 - Page 5

post #61 of 2359
Mine should arrive on Friday. I also placed an order at Amazon for a 5-pair pack of the Shure black foam tips ($14.99) and a 3-pair pack of Shure triple flange tips ($9.98). However, I don't think I'll be receiving these until May since the status of the black foam tips said "ships in 8-12 days".

Hopefully the EarFills (Future Sonics' biflanges) and/or the ComfortFit sleeves work for me (for now...)
post #62 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior05 View Post
Aha! More members of Team M5! Looking forward to reactions. Still loving mine but I really need to get moving on getting their SofterWear custom tips. I just don't like to deal with foamies. Though I am thinking of trying out the new black ones from Shure.
do the new black foam tips from shure definately fit the m5?
post #63 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by mho View Post
do the new black foam tips from shure definately fit the m5?
It was confirmed by a Head-Fi'er in another thread.
post #64 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeAmEye View Post
The Atrio M5 stem fits the Shure tips, including the newer black foamies. I had a custom tip made from the DIY kit on earplugstore.com, sold the Shure before they actually arrived, and they fit the Atrio perfectly (and will also fit the Westone) as well.
It was actually earlier in this same thread on page 2.
post #65 of 2359
Got the M5's now, have been listening to them for about an 30 mins or so.
When i first put them in to have a listen (med sized flange), yeah it was good...but not as good as i thought they would be. Changed the flanged to the small size and it was a lot more comfortable with a better seal, it did sound slightly better but i find these flanges not as comfy as my old sony ex71's.
When i got home i tried the foam tips, small size, and wow big difference. It was the 1st time ive used foam tips and man they are comfortable! The seal they produce in my ears are excellent, and the sound is amazing. The bass is just right for my liking, there is a lot of presence but not it's not an over kill. I don't quite know how to describe this but sometimes when vocals or sounds get too high they hurt my ears, this doesn't happen with the M5s. I played a few tracks which i knew had given my ears some displeasure previously but this time round there was no discomfort at all, it was just sweet.
I amp'd them up with a standard CMOY amp and wow, now i was impressed. Every sound was so clear, crisp and natural sounding.
Thought id plug my stock ipod phones into the amp just to see what the difference was......lol i cannot believe i actually thought they were ok, they sound so sh*t.
Glad i made the purchase, bad news is now i wont be fully satisfied now until i have a portable amp to accompany it, recommend one? Budget of around $100.
post #66 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by mho View Post
I don't quite know how to describe this but sometimes when vocals or sounds get too high they hurt my ears, this doesn't happen with the M5s.
It sounds like whatever 'phones you were listening to before these exhibited sibilance. On another note, it seems as if these, like all IEMs, are tip-dependent-on-the-person.

How about you other people lucky enough to be enjoying their m5's already... what is your tip of preference?
post #67 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
It sounds like whatever 'phones you were listening to before these exhibited sibilance. On another note, it seems as if these, like all IEMs, are tip-dependent-on-the-person.

How about you other people lucky enough to be enjoying their m5's already... what is your tip of preference?
I found the foamies gave me the best seal and sound as well but I am not a foamie fan so I'm interested in going custom tips.

Glad to hear you're liking the M5s, mho. Give them some time and they'll get even better! As you've experienced, a good seal is paramount with the M5s. Before footing for custom tips, I really want to try Shure's black foamies due to the feedback I've read. I realize they are still foamies but my wallet really needs to take a breather.
post #68 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
It was actually earlier in this same thread on page 2.
Doh! And I even took a look! At least we seem to be settled with this thread being THE M5 thread going forward. I was getting myself confused posting in two places.
post #69 of 2359
Yes, they do. I tried those with m5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
It was actually earlier in this same thread on page 2.
post #70 of 2359
visia, is it possible you can compare the Atrio m5 to your Shure E500?
post #71 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior05 View Post
I found the foamies gave me the best seal and sound as well but I am not a foamie fan so I'm interested in going custom tips.

Glad to hear you're liking the M5s, mho. Give them some time and they'll get even better! As you've experienced, a good seal is paramount with the M5s. Before footing for custom tips, I really want to try Shure's black foamies due to the feedback I've read. I realize they are still foamies but my wallet really needs to take a breather.
How would the black foamies improve from the foamies supplied?
Just a better fit?
I'm looking to order the black foamies too, they look slightly shorter than the ones supplied. Are the sizes universal? Im using small now, shall i order small shure ones?
post #72 of 2359
btw, listen to AZZIDO DA BASS - Dooms day!
the bass response is amazing.
post #73 of 2359
I just checked the tracking on my order, and it looks like my m5 will be waiting for me when I get home tonight. SWEET!
post #74 of 2359
Shure's new foamies are supposed to be more durable, washable, lasts much longer and provide a greater seal due to their proprietary material. I believe everyone who has tried them really liked them. Or at least most everyone.
post #75 of 2359
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
visia, is it possible you can compare the Atrio m5 to your Shure E500?
Well, I don't do any critical listening, so I am in no position for a very comprehensive review. So just couple of thoughts:
1) Bass: m5 provide very good amount and extension. I would not say E500 have more bass, but E500 to me generate significantly more impact.
2) Mids: both are very good in that department.
3) Highs: no comparison here. Even though E500 are considered rolled-off, they have much more sparkle in the highs compared to m5. That actually can be bad for certain music types as E500s with rock music sometimes sound too "spashy" and annoying.
4) Clarity, soundstage, instrument separation - again my vote goes to E500, although m5 is not bad at all. E500 are just more refined headphones.

Overall, I find m5 to be warm, "fun" headphones and a step up from Vibes, while E500 are more balanced, with greater clarity and strong bass impact.

Isolation is comparable with proper seal. I use grey large sleeves for E500 and large bi-flanges for m5. Getting proper seal with m5 is much harder than with E500. INterestingly, I cannot get a proper seal with m5 using Sure grey sleeves due to their shape and I don't like foamies in general.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: