- 10,515 Posts. Joined 4/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
- Best USB Dac <$100 for a desktop computer using Behringer MS16s? Last post on 11/2/12 at 11:36pm in Computer Audio
- USB to Coaxial Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:59pm in Computer Audio
- Good PC DAC? Last post on 8/28/12 at 7:40am in Computer Audio
- What effect would an amplifier have on my sound? Last post on 8/27/12 at 3:32pm in Computer Audio
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
Chaintech AV-710 Setup Thread, Including True 44.1kHz Wolfson Output in XP - Page 32
my guess is somewhere in the new drivers it is not seeing this cards dsp unit as supporting those features. i will decompile it and see what i can do. i didn't even look if there is a setup.ini that could fix it right there if there is.
if worse comes to worse, the 4.xx adeck runs fine with the 5.50 drivers. i was thinking i'd have something to gain but i don't know.
it is amazing that they are still producing cards with the envy24(and writing drivers)! very unusual for computer hardware to have that longevity. the xonar hands down smokes this card though. it is also a different price. it is nice that it is available though.
this is still a good soundcard.
install the 5.50 with the installer. reboot. take the folder "envyadeck" out of the 4.73 package and drop it in program files. ymmv.
on xp you can install the 5.50,reboot. install the 4.73,reboot. go to hardware and update the driver from the list to the .3655 version.
then you will have the envyadeck from 4.73b that works with asio and the 550b driver.
hope this helps someone.
edit: this only works with the toslink output not the analog out from the wolfson. however, the 5.50a works just fine with asio on the toslink out. so if you have a dac you are in business!
i feel this is vastly superior to not upsampling. the only downside is you need a hefty processor. it is using 15% of an i7!
i now have renewed happiness with this card. when was the last time a $25 hardware componet lasted 7 years and counting? good deal.
it is going between 0% and 15%. it could be other processes running too. i am not sure. it is going up and down.
also, sorry for the repeated posts, but does this replace the windows output programming for all audio or just the ones for the cd player?
and is there any way to use the wolfson dac without using the optical out? i'm just using the out right next to it.
Couple things you could try... first I see you've set the sample rate to auto, try 44.1 and see if it that works. If that doesn't fix it update the software version, I'm running program version 0.0.5.2 with drivers 22.214.171.12455 on Win 7 64-bit
i know i'm waking this up from the dead and decrepit, but just want to thank everyone who's contributed to this guide, and getting the bugs hammered out with this card and win7 64bit. i used the instructions on pg.1 using 5.40a control panel (xp sp2 comp. mode), and 4.60b driver. i did not however use the HF drivers in the amd64 folder within the driver archive. i used the viaudoem without a hitch although unsure of any issues or differences, but it seem to be working/sounding great . currently using the foobar KS output component successfully enjoying KS 16bit 44.1khz line out to my old mac amp sounding so. much. better. than the onboard realtek 889a i've been living with for over a year. had this av710 new since xp was young, and it's been living a lonely life tucked in a dusty drawer for the passed few years. thanks again! this $16 card owes me absolutely nothing yet keeps on giving. too bad more engineers like the one's who designed this card aren't making more sneakily excellent products.
hi, i need help getting this thing running:
1) i am using chaintech av-512, i was on win xp pro, and i used this guide, and it worked fine for me (on 5.1)
i upgraded to win7 pro x64, and i followed the updated guide to install on win7 x64
i cant get 5.1 working again for some reason (only getting stereo; tried to do the audio test, doesnt work and get errors with no sound through the different channels)
the driver i'm using is envy 24 family audio controller WDM 64 bits: driver version - 5.1.3646
- Chaintech AV-710 Setup Thread, Including True 44.1kHz Wolfson Output in XP
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 15 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 20 seconds ago
- › Headphone Burn-in 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 DAC/AMP 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA8 Review - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 1 minute ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800s 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 4 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse