- 10,254 Posts. Joined 4/2004
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
- Best USB Dac <$100 for a desktop computer using Behringer MS16s? Last post on 11/2/12 at 11:36pm in Computer Audio
- USB to Coaxial Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:59pm in Computer Audio
- Good PC DAC? Last post on 8/28/12 at 7:40am in Computer Audio
- What effect would an amplifier have on my sound? Last post on 8/27/12 at 3:32pm in Computer Audio
This is my second attempt at a review of the Brainwavz S5, my first attempt ended up in the bin yesterday, as I was looking at it from the wrong angle (some forum members wanted a comparison to...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Chaintech AV-710 Setup Thread, Including True 44.1kHz Wolfson Output in XP - Page 32
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
my guess is somewhere in the new drivers it is not seeing this cards dsp unit as supporting those features. i will decompile it and see what i can do. i didn't even look if there is a setup.ini that could fix it right there if there is.
if worse comes to worse, the 4.xx adeck runs fine with the 5.50 drivers. i was thinking i'd have something to gain but i don't know.
it is amazing that they are still producing cards with the envy24(and writing drivers)! very unusual for computer hardware to have that longevity. the xonar hands down smokes this card though. it is also a different price. it is nice that it is available though.
this is still a good soundcard.
install the 5.50 with the installer. reboot. take the folder "envyadeck" out of the 4.73 package and drop it in program files. ymmv.
on xp you can install the 5.50,reboot. install the 4.73,reboot. go to hardware and update the driver from the list to the .3655 version.
then you will have the envyadeck from 4.73b that works with asio and the 550b driver.
hope this helps someone.
edit: this only works with the toslink output not the analog out from the wolfson. however, the 5.50a works just fine with asio on the toslink out. so if you have a dac you are in business!
i feel this is vastly superior to not upsampling. the only downside is you need a hefty processor. it is using 15% of an i7!
i now have renewed happiness with this card. when was the last time a $25 hardware componet lasted 7 years and counting? good deal.
it is going between 0% and 15%. it could be other processes running too. i am not sure. it is going up and down.
also, sorry for the repeated posts, but does this replace the windows output programming for all audio or just the ones for the cd player?
and is there any way to use the wolfson dac without using the optical out? i'm just using the out right next to it.
Couple things you could try... first I see you've set the sample rate to auto, try 44.1 and see if it that works. If that doesn't fix it update the software version, I'm running program version 0.0.5.2 with drivers 22.214.171.12455 on Win 7 64-bit
i know i'm waking this up from the dead and decrepit, but just want to thank everyone who's contributed to this guide, and getting the bugs hammered out with this card and win7 64bit. i used the instructions on pg.1 using 5.40a control panel (xp sp2 comp. mode), and 4.60b driver. i did not however use the HF drivers in the amd64 folder within the driver archive. i used the viaudoem without a hitch although unsure of any issues or differences, but it seem to be working/sounding great . currently using the foobar KS output component successfully enjoying KS 16bit 44.1khz line out to my old mac amp sounding so. much. better. than the onboard realtek 889a i've been living with for over a year. had this av710 new since xp was young, and it's been living a lonely life tucked in a dusty drawer for the passed few years. thanks again! this $16 card owes me absolutely nothing yet keeps on giving. too bad more engineers like the one's who designed this card aren't making more sneakily excellent products.
hi, i need help getting this thing running:
1) i am using chaintech av-512, i was on win xp pro, and i used this guide, and it worked fine for me (on 5.1)
i upgraded to win7 pro x64, and i followed the updated guide to install on win7 x64
i cant get 5.1 working again for some reason (only getting stereo; tried to do the audio test, doesnt work and get errors with no sound through the different channels)
the driver i'm using is envy 24 family audio controller WDM 64 bits: driver version - 5.1.3646
- Chaintech AV-710 Setup Thread, Including True 44.1kHz Wolfson Output in XP
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Grado e Series 2 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 11 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread 15 seconds ago
- › Minneapolis Meet @ The Needle Doctor June 2014 Impressions 1 minute ago
- › HD800 music, suggestions,please 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 2 minutes ago
- › Review + impressions thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Duncan
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)