- 10,641 Posts. Joined 4/2004
- Location: (ʊ)
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- The new iMac... Last post on 12/30/12 at 8:24pm in Computer Audio
- Best USB Dac <$100 for a desktop computer using Behringer MS16s? Last post on 11/2/12 at 11:36pm in Computer Audio
- USB to Coaxial Last post on 9/26/12 at 4:59pm in Computer Audio
- Good PC DAC? Last post on 8/28/12 at 7:40am in Computer Audio
- What effect would an amplifier have on my sound? Last post on 8/27/12 at 3:32pm in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Foobar2000 A Guide To Set UpLast edited: 3/31/11
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Chaintech AV-710 Setup Thread, Including True 44.1kHz Wolfson Output in XP - Page 32post #466 of 5114/21/10 at 10:33pmI've got a contact at VIA's tech support, drop me a PM if you want her email....english is not her native tongue and she doesn't really understand anything, but worth a shot! I gave up trying to explain her about exclusive mode audio
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #467 of 5114/21/10 at 11:24pmthanks for the offer. i do not think no english is going to work lol. since we are discussing something technical as it is.
my guess is somewhere in the new drivers it is not seeing this cards dsp unit as supporting those features. i will decompile it and see what i can do. i didn't even look if there is a setup.ini that could fix it right there if there is.
if worse comes to worse, the 4.xx adeck runs fine with the 5.50 drivers. i was thinking i'd have something to gain but i don't know.
it is amazing that they are still producing cards with the envy24(and writing drivers)! very unusual for computer hardware to have that longevity. the xonar hands down smokes this card though. it is also a different price. it is nice that it is available though.
music_manpost #468 of 5114/22/10 at 7:16pmit is in the .inf in fact. however i cannot figure out how to modify it properly as of yet. the strange thing is that the old inf is exactly the same. so maybe it is indeed not in the inf. it doesn't really matter. the 4.xx a deck is the same. at least i have the 5.50 drivers working.
this is still a good soundcard.
music_manpost #469 of 5114/30/10 at 12:59amif anyone is intrested. you can use the 5.50 driver with the 4.73b control panel. this may work in windows 7 to use asio.
install the 5.50 with the installer. reboot. take the folder "envyadeck" out of the 4.73 package and drop it in program files. ymmv.
on xp you can install the 5.50,reboot. install the 4.73,reboot. go to hardware and update the driver from the list to the .3655 version.
then you will have the envyadeck from 4.73b that works with asio and the 550b driver.
hope this helps someone.
edit: this only works with the toslink output not the analog out from the wolfson. however, the 5.50a works just fine with asio on the toslink out. so if you have a dac you are in business!
music_manpost #470 of 5115/2/10 at 3:57amyou can load the 5.50a driver and use the 5.30b control panel like i mentioned above. then with foobar you can use ks output and the sox plugin at 32/192. make sure to put the envy control panel in hi-sample at 192khz. it will output the rear jack and toslink. i am running it into a dac1 and the sound is outstanding. a/b'ing between the dac1 and the chaintech's wolfson is also impressive. the chaintech is not as good but almost close.
i feel this is vastly superior to not upsampling. the only downside is you need a hefty processor. it is using 15% of an i7!
i now have renewed happiness with this card. when was the last time a $25 hardware componet lasted 7 years and counting? good deal.
music_manpost #471 of 5115/2/10 at 4:39ampost #472 of 5115/2/10 at 9:31amit is being resampled to 32/192. resampling that high takes some power. plus it is probably not the most efficient programming. it is a free plugin.
it is going between 0% and 15%. it could be other processes running too. i am not sure. it is going up and down.
music_manpost #473 of 5116/10/10 at 1:08pmpost #474 of 5116/10/10 at 1:14pmpost #475 of 5116/10/10 at 1:18pm
also, sorry for the repeated posts, but does this replace the windows output programming for all audio or just the ones for the cd player?
and is there any way to use the wolfson dac without using the optical out? i'm just using the out right next to it.post #476 of 51110/31/10 at 5:14ampost #477 of 51111/2/10 at 11:34amQuote:
Couple things you could try... first I see you've set the sample rate to auto, try 44.1 and see if it that works. If that doesn't fix it update the software version, I'm running program version 0.0.5.2 with drivers 126.96.36.19955 on Win 7 64-bitpost #478 of 51111/2/10 at 11:39ampost #479 of 51111/16/10 at 9:09pm
i know i'm waking this up from the dead and decrepit, but just want to thank everyone who's contributed to this guide, and getting the bugs hammered out with this card and win7 64bit. i used the instructions on pg.1 using 5.40a control panel (xp sp2 comp. mode), and 4.60b driver. i did not however use the HF drivers in the amd64 folder within the driver archive. i used the viaudoem without a hitch although unsure of any issues or differences, but it seem to be working/sounding great . currently using the foobar KS output component successfully enjoying KS 16bit 44.1khz line out to my old mac amp sounding so. much. better. than the onboard realtek 889a i've been living with for over a year. had this av710 new since xp was young, and it's been living a lonely life tucked in a dusty drawer for the passed few years. thanks again! this $16 card owes me absolutely nothing yet keeps on giving. too bad more engineers like the one's who designed this card aren't making more sneakily excellent products.post #480 of 51111/26/10 at 11:48pm
hi, i need help getting this thing running:
1) i am using chaintech av-512, i was on win xp pro, and i used this guide, and it worked fine for me (on 5.1)
i upgraded to win7 pro x64, and i followed the updated guide to install on win7 x64
i cant get 5.1 working again for some reason (only getting stereo; tried to do the audio test, doesnt work and get errors with no sound through the different channels)
the driver i'm using is envy 24 family audio controller WDM 64 bits: driver version - 5.1.3646
- Chaintech AV-710 Setup Thread, Including True 44.1kHz Wolfson Output in XP
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 15 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 1 minute ago
- › Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread. 1 minute ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Tube Headphone Amplifiers of the World 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse Standard 4 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 4 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 4 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear