Windows Vista 64-bit and Windows 7
1. Install the card into a free PCI slot on the motherboard.
2. Plug your amplification device (ex. speakers, receiver, etc.) into the black "Back Surr" jack on the back of the card next to the optical output. [Previous card revision: "Alt. Out"]
3. Download the Envy24 Audio Controller Family Driver version 5.40a linked here.
4. Use Windows XP compatibility mode to install it using Setup.exe (Application) in the Setup directory.
5. Restart the computer.
6. Open Device Manager (Windows key + Pause Break -> Hardware -> Device Manager), find the sound card, and manually update it to the 4.60b XP64 driver.
7. Restart the computer again.
8. Once the drivers are installed, open the audio control panel using its tray icon on the taskbar.
9. Enable 2CH (not High Quality mode) by clicking the appropriate circle.
10. In Foobar, select WASAPI (envy24 speakers) as the output device.
Also there is no WASAPI setting in foobar, is this something else?
*UPDATE: I ticked 'Hi sample rate digital output' (192k Hz) in Audio deck and now the sound is coming out both my speakers and my DAC... that can't be right can it?