New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thinnest Portable Headamp Released: MiniBox-D - Page 4  

post #46 of 74
Will Head-Direct have any of these for sale at the San Jose Meet?
post #47 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalforce View Post
Holy ****!!! Definitely going to be my first amp.
Yup, my choice is down to this amp or the Supermicro. And even tho the T2 still won't be shipping for a 2~4 weeks, it'll still get here waaaayy quicker than a Supermicro with ~4 month wait time -- redikkerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalforce
You shouldn't really post this in a competitor's thread lol....
Uhh, why not? That's what competition is about...giving the customer better products. Now the MiniBox-D manufacturer needs to start revising their amp to make it the thinnest again!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalforce
oh well...it's probably going to be more expensive..i don't see it competing with minibox-d...
I got a quote of $110, which ain't bad...but it almost makes me wanna spend $60 more and get the Supermicro. Decisions, decisions...
post #48 of 74
You could make it slightly thinner by sanding down the casing
post #49 of 74
May look promising, but I think this is ergonomically incorect.
If you were to strap an Ipod on top of it, the connectors would stick out from the side, right? Can you say...Awkward?
post #50 of 74
Thread Starter 

Minibox-D vs iBasso T1

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...94&postcount=6


Quote:
Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
But I'd be willing to bet the iBasso is better.

How much are you willing to bet?

Have both, and while I won't go into a detailed review (not much of a reviewer, unfortunately), I will say I find the MiniBox-D to be the better overall performer. Biggest difference between the two is in the vocals, which are more forward on the iBasso, but they sound more natural on the D. Both do bass good, but the edge would be with the D, more presence on the bottom end without being bloated or muddy. iBasso is more than up to the task however. The iBasso can get sibilant with some recordings and at higher volumes. Haven't experienced that with the D yet. Soundstaging is pretty equal on both, can't really tell much of a difference. iBasso is brighter, which works with some recordings and makes some unpleasurable. Minibox is more forgiving without losing details.

Both are very solid performers, especially given their price tags.
__________________
post #51 of 74
To charge this in Europe, I have to buy a new AC charger that can be connected with the USB, right? We use 220V, but the sockets aren't the same as in North America.
post #52 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddi View Post
To charge this in Europe, I have to buy a new AC charger that can be connected with the USB, right? We use 220V, but the sockets aren't the same as in North America.
Dude, Just charge it with your computer? that will work fine... Standard output there...
post #53 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddi View Post
To charge this in Europe, I have to buy a new AC charger that can be connected with the USB, right? We use 220V, but the sockets aren't the same as in North America.
No, you dont have to. The charger is 110v/220v 50-60Hz and is suitable to both North America and Europe.
post #54 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nankai View Post
No, you dont have to. The charger is 110v/220v 50-60Hz and is suitable to both North America and Europe.
That sounds fantastic! But I can't imagine how the same charger could fit the three-pin US socket:



...and the two-pin europeean one:

post #55 of 74
Thread Starter 
The charger has two pins. You might buy a adaptor to use it at EU.

post #56 of 74
My MiniBox-D is here! I am getting loud static when I adjust the volume on it. Sometimes the sound completely goes out on either the left or right channel. I have tried exercising the volume knob by turning it back and forth many times- this has just made the problem worse! Grrrr.
post #57 of 74
Thread Starter 
Dear kg4icn,

Very sorry to hear about this. I apologize for what happenned. I am eager to have a look and find out if it is shipping damage. If you want to exchange another minibox-d I will be very appreciated. It will also be OK if you want to return it and get full refund. Your help is extremely important to us.

Best regards


Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4icn View Post
My MiniBox-D is here! I am getting loud static when I adjust the volume on it. Sometimes the sound completely goes out on either the left or right channel. I have tried exercising the volume knob by turning it back and forth many times- this has just made the problem worse! Grrrr.
post #58 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nankai View Post
Dear kg4icn,

Very sorry to hear about this. I apologize for what happenned. I am eager to have a look and find out if it is shipping damage. If you want to exchange another minibox-d I will be very appreciated. It will also be OK if you want to return it and get full refund. Your help is extremely important to us.

Best regards
Thanks for the offer- I don't think it was damaged in shipping- but I may put a new verister in it myself- I know this will void the warranty.

I have to say the sound is good from this little amp! Using it on the ipod with my Senn HD600- brings the bass back!!!

Thanks for the fast reply. Shipping was fast and well packaged. Clean looking little amp too!
post #59 of 74
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kg4icn View Post
Thanks for the offer- I don't think it was damaged in shipping- but I may put a new verister in it myself- I know this will void the warranty.

I have to say the sound is good from this little amp! Using it on the ipod with my Senn HD600- brings the bass back!!!

Thanks for the fast reply. Shipping was fast and well packaged. Clean looking little amp too!
Nice to know that you want to fix it by youself! Pls tell us the result after you finish! Good luck!
post #60 of 74
Quick question - when charging from directly from usb should the power light
be on ? ie no light is showing....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
This thread is locked