What about cymbal precision - does it distinguish A from K Zildjian?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some new headphones for piano primarily Last post on 10/21/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax sr5 gold (white) and srd6sb Last post on 9/21/11 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King Last post on 10/10/16 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501. Last post on 9/10/11 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K601 to go the way of the dodo? Last post on 9/7/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The urbanite xl wireless is seemingly targeting the younger audience with its stylish looks,bluetooth connectivity and a bass emphasis.But does this deliver like it is intended to?Let's run through...
I was looking for a solution to simultaneously listen and charge an iPhone7, since Apple decided to ditch the 3.5 mm jack output. This one, which I got on Aliexpress, does the job. Soundwise, it...
Final F7200 Earphone review I will start this review of the Final F7200 earphones by saying that I am not going to include photos or technical specifications, as these have been very well covered...
MBC/ PINOYMAN's review: The TFZ series 1 Iem. Id like to thank Christopher Gatchalian for lending me his pair unit for the purpose of this review. Shell: clear in smoke black. Cable: quality is...
This is a review of the Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC/headphone amp/pre amp. The Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus was sent to me by Cambridge Audio in the UK as a loaner for the purpose of doing this...
Official AKG K501 Version Count - Page 5post #61 of 693/12/11 at 6:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 694/25/11 at 10:58am
Holy crap. I don't know if it's due to the recable (maybe the recabler flipped the driver phase or something) but this V3 K501 I'm listening to right now sounds downright AWFUL compared to the V1 I had previously. Funky soundstage, weird peaks and recessions all over the place... I definitely do not like it. The V1 K501 was almost perfect and this one is quite a step backwards. I'll have to spend some time figuring out what's wrong.post #63 of 697/16/11 at 7:34pm
Well, almost three months later I've been able to obtain both a V1 and a V3 (MP and LP) K501 and was able to compare both of them. For the record, the "problem" with the V1 K501 I have was that the recabler did indeed flip a phase on a channel, which is what caused it sound so funky. The two versions are very similar in terms of tone and quality. The main discernable difference is in the midbass - the V1 is lean and tight throughout its entire range, whereas the V3 has a slight midbass hump, which can get just a teensy-eensie bit sloppy on fast, bass-heavy songs. Besides that I don't have the time (or the ears, or the propensity) to discern more differences between the two. I'd be quite happy with either if I had to pick one over the other, but I don't know which one I prefer. Oh well.post #64 of 691/2/13 at 3:12pm
i have Akg K501 v1. whats the most cheap and quick way to convert them into v3 if that is even possible.
thanks. i assume right that the v3 has the most bass out of the three?
Edited by amigastar - 1/2/13 at 3:20pmpost #65 of 691/16/13 at 9:35pmpost #66 of 691/17/13 at 2:59amQuote:
Looks like "version1", which chronologically is the second version. See page 4 of this thread.post #67 of 691/17/13 at 3:42amQuote:
Thank you. That seems to be the most "balanced" version of the three and the one that has been longest in production.post #68 of 699/5/15 at 12:27am
So can somebody confirm if this is v1?
Is it true v1 has the worst head stage and bass of the 3 versions? If so, it there a tutorial to convert them into the v2 or v3?
Also are the donut pads completely symmetrical all the way round that it doesn't matter which way i put it pack on?
Edited by Fungus - 9/5/15 at 12:45am
- Official AKG K501 Version Count
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 32 seconds ago
- › LH Labs Geek Out v2+ Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 5 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 11 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › TFZ Series 1 by pinoyman
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by peter123
- › HiFiMAN RE-00 by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Kerry56
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by Kerry56
- › Philips Shp8000/10 Hi-Fi Headphones - Black by Redcarmoose
- › Sony MDRXB400/BLU Extra Bass Over The Head 30 mm Driver Headphone,... by InternPrimas
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...