What about cymbal precision - does it distinguish A from K Zildjian?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some new headphones for piano primarily Last post on 10/21/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax sr5 gold (white) and srd6sb Last post on 9/21/11 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King Last post on 5/23/16 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501. Last post on 9/10/11 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K601 to go the way of the dodo? Last post on 9/7/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
Official AKG K501 Version Count - Page 5post #61 of 693/12/11 at 6:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 694/25/11 at 10:58am
Holy crap. I don't know if it's due to the recable (maybe the recabler flipped the driver phase or something) but this V3 K501 I'm listening to right now sounds downright AWFUL compared to the V1 I had previously. Funky soundstage, weird peaks and recessions all over the place... I definitely do not like it. The V1 K501 was almost perfect and this one is quite a step backwards. I'll have to spend some time figuring out what's wrong.post #63 of 697/16/11 at 7:34pm
Well, almost three months later I've been able to obtain both a V1 and a V3 (MP and LP) K501 and was able to compare both of them. For the record, the "problem" with the V1 K501 I have was that the recabler did indeed flip a phase on a channel, which is what caused it sound so funky. The two versions are very similar in terms of tone and quality. The main discernable difference is in the midbass - the V1 is lean and tight throughout its entire range, whereas the V3 has a slight midbass hump, which can get just a teensy-eensie bit sloppy on fast, bass-heavy songs. Besides that I don't have the time (or the ears, or the propensity) to discern more differences between the two. I'd be quite happy with either if I had to pick one over the other, but I don't know which one I prefer. Oh well.post #64 of 691/2/13 at 3:12pm
i have Akg K501 v1. whats the most cheap and quick way to convert them into v3 if that is even possible.
thanks. i assume right that the v3 has the most bass out of the three?
Edited by amigastar - 1/2/13 at 3:20pmpost #65 of 691/16/13 at 9:35pmpost #66 of 691/17/13 at 2:59amQuote:
Looks like "version1", which chronologically is the second version. See page 4 of this thread.post #67 of 691/17/13 at 3:42amQuote:
Thank you. That seems to be the most "balanced" version of the three and the one that has been longest in production.post #68 of 699/5/15 at 12:27am
So can somebody confirm if this is v1?
Is it true v1 has the worst head stage and bass of the 3 versions? If so, it there a tutorial to convert them into the v2 or v3?
Also are the donut pads completely symmetrical all the way round that it doesn't matter which way i put it pack on?
Edited by Fungus - 9/5/15 at 12:45am
- Official AKG K501 Version Count
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Replacement for ESI Juli@ (external only) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 1 minute ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Smyth Research Realiser A16 5 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...