What about cymbal precision - does it distinguish A from K Zildjian?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some new headphones for piano primarily Last post on 10/21/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax sr5 gold (white) and srd6sb Last post on 9/21/11 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King Last post on 5/23/16 at 10:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501. Last post on 9/10/11 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K601 to go the way of the dodo? Last post on 9/7/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought these after receiving the Massdrop HE-350s which were just too treble-forward for my taste. I listen to a lot of music when at work. Desk space is limited, so I can't justify running an...
When i first got the Cayin iHA-6 and iDAC-6 combo and paired it with my HD800S, i wasn't too thrilled. Compared to my previous HDVD800, there was more detail present from the dac, but it came with...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I can remember when I first joined Head-Fi, I started with some pretty cheap gear, and I...
At the time this review was written, the TFZ Series 3 was listed for sale on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Background: I own Sennheiser HD600 and Fiio X3II. I love HD600 because it is comfortable and also works well for my classical music and vocal music. But it doesn't play well with any pop music...
Official AKG K501 Version Count - Page 5post #61 of 693/12/11 at 6:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 694/25/11 at 10:58am
Holy crap. I don't know if it's due to the recable (maybe the recabler flipped the driver phase or something) but this V3 K501 I'm listening to right now sounds downright AWFUL compared to the V1 I had previously. Funky soundstage, weird peaks and recessions all over the place... I definitely do not like it. The V1 K501 was almost perfect and this one is quite a step backwards. I'll have to spend some time figuring out what's wrong.post #63 of 697/16/11 at 7:34pm
Well, almost three months later I've been able to obtain both a V1 and a V3 (MP and LP) K501 and was able to compare both of them. For the record, the "problem" with the V1 K501 I have was that the recabler did indeed flip a phase on a channel, which is what caused it sound so funky. The two versions are very similar in terms of tone and quality. The main discernable difference is in the midbass - the V1 is lean and tight throughout its entire range, whereas the V3 has a slight midbass hump, which can get just a teensy-eensie bit sloppy on fast, bass-heavy songs. Besides that I don't have the time (or the ears, or the propensity) to discern more differences between the two. I'd be quite happy with either if I had to pick one over the other, but I don't know which one I prefer. Oh well.post #64 of 691/2/13 at 3:12pm
i have Akg K501 v1. whats the most cheap and quick way to convert them into v3 if that is even possible.
thanks. i assume right that the v3 has the most bass out of the three?
Edited by amigastar - 1/2/13 at 3:20pmpost #65 of 691/16/13 at 9:35pmpost #66 of 691/17/13 at 2:59amQuote:
Looks like "version1", which chronologically is the second version. See page 4 of this thread.post #67 of 691/17/13 at 3:42amQuote:
Thank you. That seems to be the most "balanced" version of the three and the one that has been longest in production.post #68 of 699/5/15 at 12:27am
So can somebody confirm if this is v1?
Is it true v1 has the worst head stage and bass of the 3 versions? If so, it there a tutorial to convert them into the v2 or v3?
Also are the donut pads completely symmetrical all the way round that it doesn't matter which way i put it pack on?
Edited by Fungus - 9/5/15 at 12:45am
- Official AKG K501 Version Count
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 41 seconds ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T1 (2nd Generation) 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony HAP-Z1ES. New High-Res Streamer/Music Server from Sony 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 8 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 11 minutes ago
- › What do you think of the AKM VERITA AK4490 DAC chip? 11 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 13 minutes ago
- › Audeze SINE Series 15 minutes ago
- › Philips SHP9500 by MaximumEnnui
- › Cayin iDAC-6 by EvenR
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Brooko
- › The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) Series 3 Hifi Earphones by Hisoundfi
- › Bowers & Wilkins P3 by foobar2015
- › "PETEREK (Verbessen)" by Hawaiibadboy
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...