What about cymbal precision - does it distinguish A from K Zildjian?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for some new headphones for piano primarily Last post on 10/21/11 at 11:22am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stax sr5 gold (white) and srd6sb Last post on 9/21/11 at 7:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Koss Pro DJ 100 - The Budget King Last post on 10/10/16 at 4:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K501. Last post on 9/10/11 at 3:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K601 to go the way of the dodo? Last post on 9/7/11 at 11:15pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
A great purchase for under 180 pounds, these headphones blow the direct competition away when it comes to almost everything. They arrive in a nice premium package with a thick, high grade cable for...
A reasonably priced pair of premium Open back headphones. They are well made and super comfortable and have a luxurious appearance well suited to home hi fi use. Unlike other hi fidelity phones...
Disclaimer: Bhavneet from Burson Audio offered to send me the Cable+, with no return required, asking me only to post my honest evaluation of its performance when used with the Chromecast...
Official AKG K501 Version Count - Page 5post #61 of 693/12/11 at 6:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #62 of 694/25/11 at 10:58am
Holy crap. I don't know if it's due to the recable (maybe the recabler flipped the driver phase or something) but this V3 K501 I'm listening to right now sounds downright AWFUL compared to the V1 I had previously. Funky soundstage, weird peaks and recessions all over the place... I definitely do not like it. The V1 K501 was almost perfect and this one is quite a step backwards. I'll have to spend some time figuring out what's wrong.post #63 of 697/16/11 at 7:34pm
Well, almost three months later I've been able to obtain both a V1 and a V3 (MP and LP) K501 and was able to compare both of them. For the record, the "problem" with the V1 K501 I have was that the recabler did indeed flip a phase on a channel, which is what caused it sound so funky. The two versions are very similar in terms of tone and quality. The main discernable difference is in the midbass - the V1 is lean and tight throughout its entire range, whereas the V3 has a slight midbass hump, which can get just a teensy-eensie bit sloppy on fast, bass-heavy songs. Besides that I don't have the time (or the ears, or the propensity) to discern more differences between the two. I'd be quite happy with either if I had to pick one over the other, but I don't know which one I prefer. Oh well.post #64 of 691/2/13 at 3:12pm
i have Akg K501 v1. whats the most cheap and quick way to convert them into v3 if that is even possible.
thanks. i assume right that the v3 has the most bass out of the three?
Edited by amigastar - 1/2/13 at 3:20pmpost #65 of 691/16/13 at 9:35pmpost #66 of 691/17/13 at 2:59amQuote:
Looks like "version1", which chronologically is the second version. See page 4 of this thread.post #67 of 691/17/13 at 3:42amQuote:
Thank you. That seems to be the most "balanced" version of the three and the one that has been longest in production.post #68 of 699/5/15 at 12:27am
So can somebody confirm if this is v1?
Is it true v1 has the worst head stage and bass of the 3 versions? If so, it there a tutorial to convert them into the v2 or v3?
Also are the donut pads completely symmetrical all the way round that it doesn't matter which way i put it pack on?
Edited by Fungus - 9/5/15 at 12:45am
- Official AKG K501 Version Count
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Trinity Audio - PHANTOM AIR - The worlds FIRST tuneable truly... 1 minute ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › What next after the Sennheiser HD 598 SE? 3 minutes ago
- › Pathos Aurium Silver Excellent Condition, Price Includes U.S.... 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop PC37X Review & Discussion 7 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 8 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 11 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by bapspidoff
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Sony NWZ-A15 Walkman Video MP3 Player (16GB) - Black by theminstrel
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by theminstrel
- › Shure SRH750 DJ Headphones (Black) by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear