Does anyone have exerience of using the PK'1's un-amped..say with a Cowon J3. Is it really neccesary to use an amp with these?
Related Forum Threads
- Yuin's ? Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best earbuds for ipod nano 6th gen , yuins/senns/cm700/A8 Last post on 6/2/11 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones/IEMs,ECH/earbuds for biking Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:30am in Portable Source Gear
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New headphones dor iPod Nano 6th Generation, similar to AKG K319 Last post on 8/23/11 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Considering the poor review level here I felt I had to post a review: I spent some time checking reviews of these AKG K451 headphones, and found conflicting comments. What I can do is confirm...
Summary: These headphones give an accurate picture of what the producers had in mind when they mixed their music because they have a well-balanced, present, but not over-powering bass. Songs...
My current set. My favorite and my private oasis. These beauties will cut out most if not all ambient noise like while driving in a car and household noise when the music is flowing. I became a fan...
I was asked to listen to the Musical Fidelity MF100 and received them about 4 weeks ago. I get quite a lot of headphones through my door, I only review the ones I like and I like these a lot. I...
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
Yuin PK1-PK2 appreciation thread - Page 66post #976 of 9979/11/12 at 10:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 9979/11/12 at 11:04am
I'm sure it is dependent on the output strength of your DAP, but for me, there is a noticeable difference between the output of my Fuze and that of my Fiio E11.
It's good to see this thread is still somewhat active. I got my PK1's two weeks ago and absolutely love them. A little more bass than my M2C's and more clear than my PK3's.post #978 of 99710/2/12 at 5:31amI plan on ordering a pair of PK1's within the next week or so but have just a couple questions about them.
How cheap and flimsy do they feel? How much does the sounds change when the ear cusions are used? thanks in advance.post #979 of 99710/2/12 at 7:44ampost #980 of 99710/2/12 at 8:06am
Compared to the Blox M2c's, the PK1's feel much more solid to me. They are smaller, but by no means delicate.
I never use mine without the foam donuts, but I would venture to say the sound is less bassy (better "seal" with foam) and there is no question they are more comfortable with foam pads.post #981 of 99710/2/12 at 10:23pmpost #982 of 99710/11/12 at 7:55ampost #983 of 99710/13/12 at 6:28amQuote:
PK-1's are OK unamped...but they won't show off the beef until they get some extra juice.post #984 of 99710/14/12 at 12:14pm
hmmm, would it be accurate to say that un-amped they are on a par with PK 2's but amped they rise to their full potential?
so they are not really worth buying if you already have a set of PK2's but they are if you intend to use them amped?post #985 of 99710/14/12 at 3:48pmQuote:
No, I wouldn't say that. I had the PK1and I still the PK2. The PK1 really needs to be amped to push some quality sound. I think they are still good un amped, but they are just missing a lot. The PK2 has a much better soundstage than the PK1. There is little to no bass in the PK2, but the mids are fantastic and the soundstage is incredible. Still hard to believe it's an earbud.post #986 of 99712/20/12 at 11:50am
Wanted to share my experience with the PK2.
I bought a first pair from a high rated ebay seller. The L and R sounded different. Like if they where from differents products.
L has a lot (to much i think) of bass, R sounded more flat.
I noticed the problem imediately (and i am absolutely not the "picky audiophile" person)
(Of course i tried with wav/mp3 mono tracks on various equipement etc..)
I reported to the seller that sent me a replacement. The new one (i know it wasnt the same pair because i got it before sending the first one) sound exactly the same (L = bass / R = flat).
I don't know what to think. Only wanted an "OK" earphone but got crap.post #987 of 9973/7/13 at 12:21pm
I just bought a modified Yuin PK1 off of eBay
and want to share my thoughts on the sound quality. To put it simply, I am shocked at how good they sound with classical music. They produce great high and low string sound, have an airy top end without grain or sibilance, very satisfying bass, great soundstaging and separation of instruments, and excellent dynamics.
They seem to get better the longer I burn them in, which right now is at about the 100 hour mark. I am using them with an Apple Classic 5th Gen and a FiiO E11 amp, and highly recommend a separate amp to take the SQ to another level due to their high 150 ohm impedance. At their current selling price of $75.55 (including shipping) it would seem to me that you can not go wrong with these. The customer service is great from these guys too (audiothinker is their seller name). Enjoy!
Edited by HarbethFan - 3/7/13 at 12:31pmpost #988 of 9974/9/13 at 8:53am
I also bought a pair modified Yuin PK1 off of eBay from the same seller (audiothinker). They allowed me to choose the colour wire I wanted, so I chose black. Since they arrived, I immediately fell in love with them, but I have been a little skeptical about somethings.
Since I am a first time buyer/owner of the PK1s, I wasn't really sure what to look for. The seller sells PK2s that look exactly the same as my PK1s they shipped. I have read that the PK1s are harder to drive, but when I plug them in to my 3rd gen iPod touch or my Macbook Pro the volume is the same in comparison with my Apple earpods. I have also read that the bass is better in the PK1s and it gets better with more using/burn in, but I don't really have a comparison to what a better bass sounds like.
I only recent became more picky about sound quality and I really enjoy music, but I have not honed my hears to become an audiophile yet(though I would like to be). I was wondering if anyone had any hints in helping me confirm if they are PK1s?post #989 of 9974/9/13 at 9:40am
Has anyone here tried the Sunrise Audio Dragon2?
For $120 they are excellent, would probably sound great with a tube amp, but i use them with my JDS O2, and they sound great.
Titanium driver, silver voice coil, 120ohmpost #990 of 9975/1/13 at 4:21pmJust bought my first ever earbuds, which just so happen to be the PK1's. I'm wondering, does anyone here have any experience with earbuds covers (aka enhancers), particularly in use with the PK1's?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yuin PK1-PK2 appreciation thread
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 14 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 3 minutes ago
- › Enter to win a Bowie-Inspired MOMENTUM Headphone from Sennheiser... 3 minutes ago
- › New MEIER AUDIO headphone amp "CORDA CLASSIC" 3 minutes ago
- › New Sony high-end DSD gear, including a USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Not able to edit community profile or account info <- Read your... 4 minutes ago
- › Unofficial V-MODA XL Pads thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Newbie looking for IEMs for commute that make female vocals perfect! 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K451 High-Performance Foldable Mini Headset (Black) by subwoofer
- › Sennheiser HD 25-1 II Professional Headphone by aeromaniac
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by echo1284
- › Musical Fidelity MF-100 High Quality On-Ear Headphones by astroid
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude