Does anyone have exerience of using the PK'1's un-amped..say with a Cowon J3. Is it really neccesary to use an amp with these?
Related Forum Threads
- Yuin's ? Last post on 9/2/10 at 11:32am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Best earbuds for ipod nano 6th gen , yuins/senns/cm700/A8 Last post on 6/2/11 at 8:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Headphones/IEMs,ECH/earbuds for biking Last post on 7/29/10 at 1:30am in Portable Source Gear
- MX 580 after PK3? Last post on 7/9/12 at 7:41pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New headphones dor iPod Nano 6th Generation, similar to AKG K319 Last post on 8/23/11 at 12:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Yuin PK1-PK2 appreciation thread - Page 66post #976 of 10039/11/12 at 10:38am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #977 of 10039/11/12 at 11:04am
I'm sure it is dependent on the output strength of your DAP, but for me, there is a noticeable difference between the output of my Fuze and that of my Fiio E11.
It's good to see this thread is still somewhat active. I got my PK1's two weeks ago and absolutely love them. A little more bass than my M2C's and more clear than my PK3's.post #978 of 100310/2/12 at 5:31amI plan on ordering a pair of PK1's within the next week or so but have just a couple questions about them.
How cheap and flimsy do they feel? How much does the sounds change when the ear cusions are used? thanks in advance.post #979 of 100310/2/12 at 7:44ampost #980 of 100310/2/12 at 8:06am
Compared to the Blox M2c's, the PK1's feel much more solid to me. They are smaller, but by no means delicate.
I never use mine without the foam donuts, but I would venture to say the sound is less bassy (better "seal" with foam) and there is no question they are more comfortable with foam pads.post #981 of 100310/2/12 at 10:23pmpost #982 of 100310/11/12 at 7:55ampost #983 of 100310/13/12 at 6:28amQuote:
PK-1's are OK unamped...but they won't show off the beef until they get some extra juice.post #984 of 100310/14/12 at 12:14pm
hmmm, would it be accurate to say that un-amped they are on a par with PK 2's but amped they rise to their full potential?
so they are not really worth buying if you already have a set of PK2's but they are if you intend to use them amped?post #985 of 100310/14/12 at 3:48pmQuote:
No, I wouldn't say that. I had the PK1and I still the PK2. The PK1 really needs to be amped to push some quality sound. I think they are still good un amped, but they are just missing a lot. The PK2 has a much better soundstage than the PK1. There is little to no bass in the PK2, but the mids are fantastic and the soundstage is incredible. Still hard to believe it's an earbud.post #986 of 100312/20/12 at 11:50am
Wanted to share my experience with the PK2.
I bought a first pair from a high rated ebay seller. The L and R sounded different. Like if they where from differents products.
L has a lot (to much i think) of bass, R sounded more flat.
I noticed the problem imediately (and i am absolutely not the "picky audiophile" person)
(Of course i tried with wav/mp3 mono tracks on various equipement etc..)
I reported to the seller that sent me a replacement. The new one (i know it wasnt the same pair because i got it before sending the first one) sound exactly the same (L = bass / R = flat).
I don't know what to think. Only wanted an "OK" earphone but got crap.post #987 of 10033/7/13 at 12:21pm
I just bought a modified Yuin PK1 off of eBay
and want to share my thoughts on the sound quality. To put it simply, I am shocked at how good they sound with classical music. They produce great high and low string sound, have an airy top end without grain or sibilance, very satisfying bass, great soundstaging and separation of instruments, and excellent dynamics.
They seem to get better the longer I burn them in, which right now is at about the 100 hour mark. I am using them with an Apple Classic 5th Gen and a FiiO E11 amp, and highly recommend a separate amp to take the SQ to another level due to their high 150 ohm impedance. At their current selling price of $75.55 (including shipping) it would seem to me that you can not go wrong with these. The customer service is great from these guys too (audiothinker is their seller name). Enjoy!
Edited by HarbethFan - 3/7/13 at 12:31pmpost #988 of 10034/9/13 at 8:53am
I also bought a pair modified Yuin PK1 off of eBay from the same seller (audiothinker). They allowed me to choose the colour wire I wanted, so I chose black. Since they arrived, I immediately fell in love with them, but I have been a little skeptical about somethings.
Since I am a first time buyer/owner of the PK1s, I wasn't really sure what to look for. The seller sells PK2s that look exactly the same as my PK1s they shipped. I have read that the PK1s are harder to drive, but when I plug them in to my 3rd gen iPod touch or my Macbook Pro the volume is the same in comparison with my Apple earpods. I have also read that the bass is better in the PK1s and it gets better with more using/burn in, but I don't really have a comparison to what a better bass sounds like.
I only recent became more picky about sound quality and I really enjoy music, but I have not honed my hears to become an audiophile yet(though I would like to be). I was wondering if anyone had any hints in helping me confirm if they are PK1s?post #989 of 10034/9/13 at 9:40am
- Trader Feedback: +55
Flips free review samples, and profits at the
expense of fellow Head-Fiers (like yourself)
- 3,950 Posts. Joined 2/2011
- Location: Sussex, U.K
- Select All Posts By This User
Has anyone here tried the Sunrise Audio Dragon2?
For $120 they are excellent, would probably sound great with a tube amp, but i use them with my JDS O2, and they sound great.
Titanium driver, silver voice coil, 120ohmpost #990 of 10035/1/13 at 4:21pmJust bought my first ever earbuds, which just so happen to be the PK1's. I'm wondering, does anyone here have any experience with earbuds covers (aka enhancers), particularly in use with the PK1's?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Yuin PK1-PK2 appreciation thread
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › STAX SR-007MK2 with MK1 drivers? 14 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 21 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-11.32 & NFB-11 (2014) (Delivery & Impression Thread)!!! 40 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 48 seconds ago
- › Grado modders go Magnum 1 minute ago
- › Amp or DAC for HD600? 1 minute ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 2 minutes ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 4 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D by Pokerstar
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)