Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Yuin PK1-PK2 appreciation thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yuin PK1-PK2 appreciation thread - Page 3

post #31 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilhan View Post
Yeah, you can certainly say that again.

I still wish they would drop the PK-1 price to say around $75, then I would pounce on them.
The PK-1s SQ and portability warrants a much higher price then $75 and even the selling price at $140 imo. I put the SQ at just below the e500s. Theyre pretty darn good for the money.
post #32 of 1002
Already expressed my PK1 adoration; they've only gotten better. Picked up the PK2s for unamped use with my 1st Gen Shuffle; this is my gym rig. I sometimes have to interrupt my workout to just listen. What a clean, powerful little combination.

For gym wear and generally staying out of the way, the J-cord is much easier to keep out of the way then the PK1's Y-cord.
post #33 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinp6301 View Post
The PK-1s SQ and portability warrants a much higher price then $75 and even the selling price at $140 imo. I put the SQ at just below the e500s. Theyre pretty darn good for the money.
I agree in regards to the pricepoint. I think the PK1s are priced very fairly considering their SQ. I can't remark in regards to the E500 comparison but I'm thinking that may be stretching it a bit.

I just find the PK1s stupid good. I say that because as people have said they just look like cheap earbuds. But then you pop them in and it's like whoa! It still makes me laugh when I use mine. I find them great for watching movies with my portable DVD player.
post #34 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior05 View Post
I agree in regards to the pricepoint. I think the PK1s are price very fairly considering their SQ. I can't remark in regards to the E500 comparison but I'm thinking that may be stretching it a bit.

I just find the PK1s stupid good. I say that because as people have said they just look like cheap earbuds. But then you pop them in and it's like whoa! It still makes me laugh when I use mine. I find them great for watching movies with my portable DVD player.
yea theres a sonic difference between the two, the e500s definitely have better bass and detail then the PK-1s but I think that the PK-1s are ALMOST there to that level
post #35 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by drp View Post
For gym wear and generally staying out of the way, the J-cord is much easier to keep out of the way then the PK1's Y-cord.
Lots of people seem to hate j-cord, but I like it too
post #36 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawalsh View Post
Lots of people seem to hate j-cord, but I like it too
Yes, I didn't think I would like the J-cord, but I actually found it convenient for use at home or the office. They were an annoyance out in public though.
post #37 of 1002
The funny thing is, some people think the pk1 have less detail than thr e500, others think they are more detailed.
jinp6301, do you use them with your supermacro?
post #38 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinp6301 View Post
The PK-1s SQ and portability warrants a much higher price then $75 and even the selling price at $140 imo. I put the SQ at just below the e500s. Theyre pretty darn good for the money.

Oh believe me, I don't doubt it for a second. Unless everyone here at Head-Fi who owns them is suffering from some sort of mass hysteria, these earbuds should sound absolutely amazing.

It is my own personal problem - I simply can't get past the mental hurdle of laying down that much cash for a pair of cheap looking plastic earbuds. I even had the chance to buy a brand new pair for $100, and I still couldn't talk myself into pulling the trigger.

The PK-1s are the only headphones in my Head-Fi career that I just simply cannot talk myself into purchasing until I actually hear them for myself first. So unless I find $140 while walking down the street, or hear them first with my own ears, I doubt I'll be buying a pair any time soon. Every time I read a rave review here at Head-Fi about these phones, I get the itch to buy a pair, and then when I go and actually look at them, and then look at their price, and then realize that I could buy a used pair of SR-225s for the same price, I talk myself out of it every single time.

Anywho...

I'm very happy for those who own them and are extremely satisfied with them. Back to the PK-1 and PK-2 lovefest!
post #39 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilhan View Post
Oh believe me, I don't doubt it for a second. Unless everyone here at Head-Fi who owns them is suffering from some sort of mass hysteria, these earbuds should sound absolutely amazing.

It is my own personal problem - I simply can't get past the mental hurdle of laying down that much cash for a pair of cheap looking plastic earbuds. I even had the chance to buy a brand new pair for $100, and I still couldn't talk myself into pulling the trigger.

The PK-1s are the only headphones in my Head-Fi career that I just simply cannot talk myself into purchasing until I actually hear them for myself first. So unless I find $140 while walking down the street, or hear them first with my own ears, I doubt I'll be buying a pair any time soon. Every time I read a rave review here at Head-Fi about these phones, I get the itch to buy a pair, and then when I go and actually look at them, and then look at their price, and then realize that I could buy a used pair of SR-225s for the same price, I talk myself out of it every single time.

Anywho...

I'm very happy for those who own them and are extremely satisfied with them. Back to the PK-1 and PK-2 lovefest!

They actually don't look that bad. The pictures popping up here are what they look like with the little foams off of them. With them on, they look like a normal set of 'buds. Mine look fine, especially since you can barely see them when they are in your ears. (I have the pk2's, but am already thinking about going for the pk1's and they look the same).

And just for reassurance, when I put the pk2's on for the first time, I could not believe the amount of detail and soundstage right off the bat. I'm dying to hear the pk1's!
post #40 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt.milo View Post
They actually don't look that bad. The pictures popping up here are what they look like with the little foams off of them. With them on, they look like a normal set of 'buds. Mine look fine, especially since you can barely see them when they are in your ears. (I have the pk2's, but am already thinking about going for the pk1's and they look the same).

And just for reassurance, when I put the pk2's on for the first time, I could not believe the amount of detail and soundstage right off the bat. I'm dying to hear the pk1's!
You should get a pair! The Pk1's straight up sound better than the Pk2 in every aspect. The Pk2's sound a bit off sometimes with a few instruments in the higher frequencies. I didn't notice it at first until I decided to do a little A/B and it was very apparent once I heard those same instruments with the Pk1's. It just sounds so much better.

And I agree with Imilhan. I really couldn't drop the $140 on the Pk1's even though I knew what they sounded like. =T
post #41 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxx View Post
You should get a pair! The Pk1's straight up sound better than the Pk2 in every aspect. The Pk2's sound a bit off sometimes with a few instruments in the higher frequencies. I didn't notice it at first until I decided to do a little A/B and it was very apparent once I heard those same instruments with the Pk1's. It just sounds so much better.
Was your A/Bing done amped or unamped? I'm very curious about the Pk1 unamped past drp's post..
post #42 of 1002
This thread is dangerous!!!

I already put my PK2 on sale to upgrade and I almost pulled the trigger on my DT531. I already took some photographs for my DT531 and came to senses when I was writing the FS thread

It seems that the PK1 is just what I need, a PK2 with more extension on the highs and deeper bass, and perhaps an overall better clarity. I also think less forward mids from the PK2 would be nice.

I think I can hold on for a week or so before I go mad and purchase them anyway.....
post #43 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by glac1er View Post
This thread is dangerous!!!

I already put my PK2 on sale to upgrade and I almost pulled the trigger on my DT531. I already took some photographs for my DT531 and came to senses when I was writing the FS thread

It seems that the PK1 is just what I need, a PK2 with more extension on the highs and deeper bass, and perhaps an overall better clarity. I also think less forward mids from the PK2 would be nice.

I think I can hold on for a week or so before I go mad and purchase them anyway.....
I have both and the PK1 give you exactly that, deeper bass better clarity and I
think the mids on the PK2 are just to forward for me as well. Pk1 are a lot better with the mids
post #44 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodschun View Post
Was your A/Bing done amped or unamped? I'm very curious about the Pk1 unamped past drp's post..
Both were amped through my Corda Aria.
post #45 of 1002
Quote:
Originally Posted by laxx View Post
You should get a pair! The Pk1's straight up sound better than the Pk2 in every aspect. The Pk2's sound a bit off sometimes with a few instruments in the higher frequencies. I didn't notice it at first until I decided to do a little A/B and it was very apparent once I heard those same instruments with the Pk1's. It just sounds so much better.

ohhhh don't tell me that. I like my pk2's so much and really dont want to feel that need to upgrade. ahhh.


Actually, I dont want to buy a portable amp; I have an amp for home use, but I just don't want the added bulk to carry around with my zune. So fortunately, I might be able to fight off the upgrade urge!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Yuin PK1-PK2 appreciation thread