or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Hotrodding the X-Fi: A Layman's Guide (No 56k)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hotrodding the X-Fi: A Layman's Guide (No 56k) - Page 137

post #2041 of 2194
what do you mean it plays a bit "slower"?
post #2042 of 2194
it's about 15-20% slower that others speakers (the sound is to low-)...
I guess is not op-amps problem because I change it with another one but same result...front left sound is heard more slowly ...
Sugestions?
post #2043 of 2194
I found the problem...one of the + contact (from front channel) on the board is gone...
Where is the + corespondent? to fix that
Thank you in advance
LL
post #2044 of 2194
hi everyone, i have Elite pro (SB0550) & i'm thinking to replace "power filter cap (470uF Jamicon)" to "i dont no what cap can someone help me, i cant find Nichicon KG, Blackgates is too expensive for me (maby link to ebay, coz i live faaaaaar^1000 from civilization (Ukraine))" help me make a good choise with this cap.

also want change opamp NJM2114 to LM4562 & maby surround opamp also will be changed (dont know yet).

& one more thing about I\O console (SB0510) can i replace headphone OpAmp there & what OpAmp it will be?

PS: can i replace mic in opamp? & where is it on soundboard & on I\O console?
here is I\O console (SB0510) hq photos ImageShack Album - 23 images
LL
post #2045 of 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by idbaghera View Post
I found the problem...one of the + contact (from front channel) on the board is gone...
Where is the + corespondent? to fix that
Thank you in advance
have you found a way to fix that?

I just followed the traces to next point.
post #2046 of 2194
Image of my modding... Damaged card already.
http://i41.tinypic.com/2q06dxy.jpg

I don't understand why my crosstalk results is only -38 dB.

What points could I measure with my multimeter to find out where is the channel bleeding happening?
post #2047 of 2194
I think I can identify this as a cause for bad crosstalk:
post #2048 of 2194
Hi all
I just modded my audigy2 with TI amp model opa2107
after I made it, a noise is coming from the back left output.
What could be the reason?
Do I need to short the CAPs? which one? I saw only instructions for the ZS model.

here's a pic of it:


Love this site
post #2049 of 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravid View Post
Hi all
I just modded my audigy2 with TI amp model opa2107
after I made it, a noise is coming from the back left output.
What could be the reason?
Do I need to short the CAPs? which one? I saw only instructions for the ZS model.

here's a pic of it:
[/URL]

Love this site
I need a macro shot of the section you modded.

You can see yourself if there is a solder bridge. I always picture my mods to get good visual of the modding site.
post #2050 of 2194
Thank you for helping

the problem of the noise come out after I made the soldering again.

But I got the felling that there is a echo in the sound, like reverb.
is this normal? what could cause this?

I can take a picture of the soldering if you want. they look pretty good.
post #2051 of 2194
Inspired by this thread, here's my Auzen X-Fi HT HD Mod.







post #2052 of 2194
Wow, quite some dedication and a great piece of work!

Are those 90° adaptors you're using for the main opamp socket available somewhere online or did you bend them yourself?
post #2053 of 2194
The X-Fi Titanium PCI-E is available on Newegg for $50 after a given $25 promo code and $25 MIR. Seemed like a decent deal, but does anyone know if this model is moddable?

Here's some decent pictures I found of it:

http://forums.techpowerup.com/showpo...&postcount=672

If it's not moddable, I hope it's an improvement over the Realtek AC888 (for music).
post #2054 of 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans030390 View Post
The X-Fi Titanium PCI-E is available on Newegg for $50 after a given $25 promo code and $25 MIR. Seemed like a decent deal, but does anyone know if this model is moddable?

Here's some decent pictures I found of it:

techPowerUp! Forums - View Single Post - X-Fi Support Syndicate & Owner's Clubhouse

If it's not moddable, I hope it's an improvement over the Realtek AC888 (for music).
Almost any soundcard can be modded but what can be achieved depends on how skilled the guy behind the soldering iron is.

You should be able to mod the opamps and the capacitors.
post #2055 of 2194
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBSCIX View Post
Almost any soundcard can be modded but what can be achieved depends on how skilled the guy behind the soldering iron is.

You should be able to mod the opamps and the capacitors.
Any idea which of the opamps will be for the main L/R? Will it still be the top one?

Which capacitors on these would be replaced? Most mods I've seen just replace one, and it's usually a larger one on the board. I'm not seeing one like that for the Titanium in these pictures.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Hotrodding the X-Fi: A Layman's Guide (No 56k)