RepairingHello everyone, this is my first post.
Two days ago a friend of mine gave me his X-Fi XtremeMusic SB0460, because he tried to swap the opamp and managed to rip out every pad except pin 1 (output), pin 4 (V-) and pin 8 (V+). Luckily, I found a picture of the traces of the opamp in this thread, and so I tried to solder the opamp legs to the correct pads with some very thin silver wire.
After doing that and getting no sound at all, I figured out, that R90 and R73 were broken. Luckily, both are just 35 Ohm output resistors, so I decided to bypass them. Incredibly, after putting it back in, everything worked perfectly.
After that, I replaced C177 with a BC 2200µF 12V low-ESR cap. Also, since I don't use the AUX in or 10 pin connector, I decided to short C18, C19, C21, C22, C48, C49, C102 and C104, which are all in the audio path, and C23, C50, C76 and C77.
The improvement after this was just amazing. The bass got a bit tighter and the detail and resolution really improved.
Thanks to everyone posting in this thread.
Here are 2 pictures (yes I know, the opamp job is really messy, but it's working ;-) )