HI, i did this mod, but i only did one opamp to start. I was about to order more opamps for the rest of the mod, when i found this: LME49720
I was wondering if it is also a drop in replacement, because it is better than the other one which is recommended in the tutorial.
Press Release: http://www.edn.com/pressRelease/2140057957.html
From the datasheets, there are no "technical" audio performance differences between the parts and are "interchangeable," relative to X-FI mod
- both LM4562 and LME49720 can use Vs(+/-) (supply voltage) of 2.5 to 17vdc
- LME49860 uses Vs(+/-) (supply voltage) of 2.5 to 22vdc
- op amp section of X-FI uses (+/-) 5vdc, therefore, there is no advantage (larger voltage swing only at higher Vs)
- LM4562 and LME49720 at about $2.83 USD and LME49860 about $3.54 USD each, budgetary pricing
Human "perception" of how the newer parts sound, is another matter
- only time will tell, since the new parts have only recently been released.....
I installed a new LME49860, only because it came in a "design sample" pack (see post #1062 above)
- if I were to design for a Vs(+/-) 5vdc, most likely would have selected either LM4562 or LME49720
National Semiconductor: LM4562 - http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LM4562.html
National Semiconductor: LME49720 - http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LME49720.html
National Semiconductor: LME49860 - http://www.national.com/pf/LM/LME49860.html