Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 229

post #3421 of 3593
Have bought some leatherette ear pads from earzonk on Amazon and had them shipped to a forum member on Lenco Heaven in Minneapolis, he kindly agreed to post them onto UK. Looking forward to trying them, my 325's are sounding fantastic since changing the cans for black walnut and trimming the foam cups. Still itching like crazy though.
post #3422 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 020Assassin View Post
 

I'll be interested too. I can't order from EarZonk directly, but I have an American friend who will buy them for me and bring them to me in Amsterdam in January. Meanwhile I have wooden cups and a headband coming to spruce up the SR60i.

Very nice, should look great when its done!

I should be getting the EZ vinyl pads sometime this week, I'll keep you posted.

BTW, I have no issues at all with Grados cushions, and really don't have high sound expectations for the EZ's, but just wanted to try them…maybe they will prove me wrong, but I highly doubt it.

post #3423 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
BTW, I have no issues at all with Grados cushions, and really don't have high sound expectations for the EZ's, but just wanted to try them…maybe they will prove me wrong, but I highly doubt it.

 

They're really difficult to obtain outside the U.S., so I asked my friend to get me for 160$ worth of new ear pads (EarZonk L-cushions, G-cushions, S-cushions, Leatherette Cushions, + TTVJ's flats and Grado G-cushions). I don't think I'll have any trouble finding new homes for the ear pads if I don't want them.

 

On a separate note: I damaged the black plastic nubs on top of the Grado Stalks:

Quote:
 

I changed headbands on my SR325 and the nubs were glued on (probably with loctite) and stripped when I removed them. I got new nubs at a local hardware store. In Dutch, the guy called them 'dompeldopjes', which would translate as 'dunk caps'. They came in Ford-approved colours (black) and were slightly longer and made of softer plastic that probably adheres better to the stalks without the need for glue or loctite. Six 'dompeldopjes' sold at 45 eurocents.

So, if you run into the same problem (or if you want better nubs), take your Grado to a hardware store...


Edited by 020Assassin - 12/1/14 at 7:15am
post #3424 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 020Assassin View Post
 

 

They're really difficult to obtain outside the U.S., so I asked my friend to get me for 160$ worth of new ear pads (EarZonk L-cushions, G-cushions, S-cushions, Leatherette Cushions, + TTVJ's flats and Grado G-cushions). I don't think I'll have any trouble finding new homes for the ear pads if I don't want them.

 

On a separate note: I damaged the black plastic nubs on top of the Grado Stalks:

So, if you run into the same problem (or if you want better nubs), take your Grado to a hardware store...

When I take the nipples off the gimbals, I heat them with a blow dryer and they pull off nicely, them I just slip them back on without any glue, they aren't going anywhere.

post #3425 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

When I take the nipples off the gimbals, I heat them with a blow dryer and they pull off nicely, them I just slip them back on without any glue, they aren't going anywhere.


Yes, but you're smarter than I am. I just figured they should be as easy to slip off as the ones on my SR60, so I pulled and they collapsed inward. However, for 45 eurocents I gave both the SR60 and the SR325 better nubs, and got two spares.

 

So, my advice is for people who either destroy the nubs taking them off, or if they lose them. Should save some postage for Grado too, as plenty of people ask Grado for replacements, when they're readily available at hardware stores.

post #3426 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 020Assassin View Post
 


Yes, but you're smarter than I am. I just figured they should be as easy to slip off as the ones on my SR60, so I pulled and they collapsed inward. However, for 45 eurocents I gave both the SR60 and the SR325 better nubs, and got two spares.

 

So, my advice is for people who either destroy the nubs taking them off, or if they lose them. Should save some postage for Grado too, as plenty of people ask Grado for replacements, when they're readily available at hardware stores.

Yes, I've also replaced some of my nipples with thicker/high gloss/slightly longer ones, which I purchased from my local hobby shop.

post #3427 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 020Assassin View Post
 


Yes, but you're smarter than I am. I just figured they should be as easy to slip off as the ones on my SR60, so I pulled and they collapsed inward. However, for 45 eurocents I gave both the SR60 and the SR325 better nubs, and got two spares.

 

So, my advice is for people who either destroy the nubs taking them off, or if they lose them. Should save some postage for Grado too, as plenty of people ask Grado for replacements, when they're readily available at hardware stores.

Yes, I've also replaced some of my nipples with thicker/high gloss/slightly longer ones, which I purchased from my local hobby shop.

:D

post #3428 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

:D

You like that one ha!

post #3429 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Yes, I've also replaced some of my nipples with thicker/high gloss/slightly longer ones, which I purchased from my local hobby shop.


And? Has it tamed your highs? :biggrin:

post #3430 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 020Assassin View Post
 


And? Has it tamed your highs? :biggrin:

Unleashes them! :smile:

post #3431 of 3593

I am looking for a dac to pair with my Grado Sr325i, AKG K7xx, and Beyer Dynamic DT770 Premium (600hms). My budget is around $200 and I am very okay with purchasing a used DAC

 

Right now my chain is:

 

Macbook Air->Little dot i+ and little dot mk iii->headphones

 

I prefer a USB desktop dac.

 

Keep in mind, that the Grado's and AKG's will get the most use.

post #3432 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage3324 View Post
 

I am looking for a dac to pair with my Grado Sr325i.

 

My chain is currently a MacBook Pro > FiiO E10K > Grado SR325iS. The FiiO is 90 euro new (in the Netherlands), size of a matchbox, volume wheel (no touch buttons) for the amp, and the DAC is powered by the same USB it takes the digital sound files from. It has a lo-hi gain and a bass boost, as well as a digital and analog line out (to connect, for instance, with a Sonos). It's incredible value for money.

 

If you check my workstation, you can see it resting behind the laptop, not taking up any space.

post #3433 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage3324 View Post
 

I am looking for a dac to pair with my Grado Sr325i, AKG K7xx, and Beyer Dynamic DT770 Premium (600hms). My budget is around $200 and I am very okay with purchasing a used DAC

 

Right now my chain is:

 

Macbook Air->Little dot i+ and little dot mk iii->headphones

 

I prefer a USB desktop dac.

 

Keep in mind, that the Grado's and AKG's will get the most use.

Schiit Modi-(USB)?

$100.00

I use the Modi with the Magni (M/M combo) for my MBP, and I think its fine, and inexpensive.

I also used the Modi with the LD-1+ when I had one, and that was fine also.

post #3434 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

Schiit Modi-(USB)?

$100.00

I use the Modi with the Magni (M/M combo) for my MBP, and I think its fine, and inexpensive.

I also used the Modi with the LD-1+ when I had one, and that was fine also.

I am considering the Schiit Modi. I am just not sure if it offers a noticable improvement over the macbook

post #3435 of 3593
Quote:
Originally Posted by rage3324 View Post
 

I am considering the Schiit Modi. I am just not sure if it offers a noticable improvement over the macbook

Sure does IMO, but we all do hear differently. :smile:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.