Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 222

post #3316 of 3344
Yeah, if you can get the beyer pads at an OK price I'd say it's worth a try.
post #3317 of 3344

Sorry if this is 'old' news, but consumer reports just announced their favorite headphone:

 

Grado headphones best Beats and Bose
The Grado Prestige 325is is now our top-rated headphone model

Published: July 02, 2014 03:30 PM

 

https://shopping.yahoo.com/news/grado-headphones-best-beats-and-bose-230830581.html

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/07/grado-headphones-best-beats-bose/index.htm

post #3318 of 3344

Any impressions on the new SR325e yet?

:popcorn:    :popcorn:    :popcorn:

 

:popcorn:    :popcorn:    :popcorn:

 

:popcorn:    :popcorn:    :popcorn:

post #3319 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman42 View Post

Sorry if this is 'old' news, but consumer reports just announced their favorite headphone:

Grado headphones best Beats and Bose

The Grado Prestige 325is is now our top-rated headphone model


Published: July 02, 2014 03:30 PM

https://shopping.yahoo.com/news/grado-headphones-best-beats-and-bose-230830581.html
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/news/2014/07/grado-headphones-best-beats-bose/index.htm

I think the majority has a different opinion...wink.gif
post #3320 of 3344

It has been a while that I listened to my SR325i but tonight I listened to the Throwing Muses. Wow, what great headphones these are... Somehow I always come back to them. I know other headphones are technically more sophisticated but the SR325i they just fit for my ears... and cause a big smile on my face....

post #3321 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddin View Post

It has been a while that I listened to my SR325i but tonight I listened to the Throwing Muses. Wow, what great headphones these are... Somehow I always come back to them. I know other headphones are technically more sophisticated but the SR325i they just fit for my ears... and cause a big smile on my face....

GRADO never have and never will be at the forefront of audio engineering...but they just do what they do....and do it in a special way...
Edited by TheDreamthinker - 7/12/14 at 3:44pm
post #3322 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddin View Post
 

It has been a while that I listened to my SR325i but tonight I listened to the Throwing Muses. Wow, what great headphones these are... Somehow I always come back to them. I know other headphones are technically more sophisticated but the SR325i they just fit for my ears... and cause a big smile on my face....

 

That is what it is all about, and I very much agree...they are incredible headphones

post #3323 of 3344
After years of discomfort and hit and miss solutions with my 325is I've finally hit the sweet spot both sonically and comfort wise:



I've attached a HD650 headband and the new HM5 velour pads (the same way I attached the Beyerdynamic pads a couple of pages back in this thread).

It's now one of, if not the, most comfortable headphone that I own.

Sound wise the soundstage is the biggest I've achieved with any pads and the sound is fuller and smoother than ever without giving up any of the fantastic clarity.

I seriously doubt I'll continue to mess around with them any more now smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: also subbass is just great, Lorde really rocks now!

Edit2: really should replace the cable also, just don't know if I dare since I've never done it before.......
Edited by peter123 - 7/30/14 at 7:17am
post #3324 of 3344

From my vacation I brought home a pair of SR325is, which are the SR325e. When I listened to them in the shop in Montreal, from memory I had the impression they have a bit more bass (but not the mid bass huymp of the PS500) and a little bit less highs than my SR325i. Now that I got home I did a first comparison between the two headphones. First impression is that I was right though the difference is less than I thought from my accoustic memory (though one should not trust...). I still need to do some more listening and comparison. But even if the difference is not very big, I don't regret the buy. The SR325i are with me since 6 years and I always thought I should buy a second pair in case my original one breaks down...

post #3325 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddin View Post
 

From my vacation I brought home a pair of SR325is, which are the SR325e. When I listened to them in the shop in Montreal, from memory I had the impression they have a bit more bass (but not the mid bass huymp of the PS500) and a little bit less highs than my SR325i. Now that I got home I did a first comparison between the two headphones. First impression is that I was right though the difference is less than I thought from my accoustic memory (though one should not trust...). I still need to do some more listening and comparison. But even if the difference is not very big, I don't regret the buy. The SR325i are with me since 6 years and I always thought I should buy a second pair in case my original one breaks down...

Congratulations on the 325is(e)!

I have mine 325is's for about 3 yrs now, and I just sent them to Grado due to the fact that I felt they lost their upfront/aggression/crispness in the mid to high frequencies…they sounded very muffled/veiled with not much detail unless I EQ'd them, which I don't do, and never had too. So I can't wait to get them back…they are an awesome headphone!

Enjoy! 

post #3326 of 3344

Thank you Joseph! Yes, they are very nice HPs indeed. Tonight I did some comparison with my modded MS-Pro. This is a tough call: The MS-Pro sounds more open (it had G-cush and distancers), voices are more upfront, which I like. Compared to the MS-Pro the SR325e sounds more closed, the voices a bit less upfront. Bass is a very nice thing on the SR325e. I listened towye oak " for prayers" and to kate nash "sister" and the bass was so nice. With the MS-Pro it was also there but with the SR325e it had more body (I am sorry this might sound a bit esoteric but I can't find any other words even in my native tongue...) So, I am happy with this purchase. I would just need more listening time and time to compare it to the other grados here. Especially the HF-1 and the PS 500... But I have to teach next week and I am late for preparing this. Bad times!

so, it is good that there is music to comfort us.

Hope you get your SR325is back in shape!

post #3327 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddin View Post
 

Thank you Joseph! Yes, they are very nice HPs indeed. Tonight I did some comparison with my modded MS-Pro. This is a tough call: The MS-Pro sounds more open (it had G-cush and distancers), voices are more upfront, which I like. Compared to the MS-Pro the SR325e sounds more closed, the voices a bit less upfront. Bass is a very nice thing on the SR325e. I listened towye oak " for prayers" and to kate nash "sister" and the bass was so nice. With the MS-Pro it was also there but with the SR325e it had more body (I am sorry this might sound a bit esoteric but I can't find any other words even in my native tongue...) So, I am happy with this purchase. I would just need more listening time and time to compare it to the other grados here. Especially the HF-1 and the PS 500... But I have to teach next week and I am late for preparing this. Bad times!

so, it is good that there is music to comfort us.

Hope you get your SR325is back in shape!

I also have the RS1i which would be as you know more/less equivilent to the MS-Pro, and I also feel the RS has a much more spacious/upfront  sound than the 325, but the bass is a bit heavier on the 325, so I especially like them for rock music. Thanks for the hoping I get the 325's back in shape! I'm sure Grado will do a fine job.

post #3328 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter123 View Post

After years of discomfort and hit and miss solutions with my 325is I've finally hit the sweet spot both sonically and comfort wise:



I've attached a HD650 headband and the new HM5 velour pads (the same way I attached the Beyerdynamic pads a couple of pages back in this thread).

It's now one of, if not the, most comfortable headphone that I own.

Sound wise the soundstage is the biggest I've achieved with any pads and the sound is fuller and smoother than ever without giving up any of the fantastic clarity.

I seriously doubt I'll continue to mess around with them any more now smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: also subbass is just great, Lorde really rocks now!

Edit2: really should replace the cable also, just don't know if I dare since I've never done it before.......

Reading this inspired me to take the pads off of my broken pair of Senn HD280 pros and fashion them on top of the 414 pads I have on my 325is'. It's really comfortable and the sound signature remains the same based on my early impression, although a little dampened due to the black cloth that covers the back of the HD280 pads that now covers the direct route to the drivers. I'm enjoying it, and wouldn't have thought to do it due to the fact they don't fit on the cups, but they fit very well over the 414 pads :D 


Edited by TheThirdFret - 7/31/14 at 6:37pm
post #3329 of 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheThirdFret View Post
 

Reading this inspired me to take the pads off of my broken pair of Senn HD280 pros and fashion them on top of the 414 pads I have on my 325is'. It's really comfortable and the sound signature remains the same based on my early impression, although a little dampened due to the black cloth that covers the back of the HD280 pads that now covers the direct route to the drivers. I'm enjoying it, and wouldn't have thought to do it due to the fact they don't fit on the cups, but they fit very well over the 414 pads :D 

Nice!

 

Yeah, using 414 or comfy pads (possible added some superglued plastic rings like the ones used with for example HiFiman pads) makes great "adapters" to try out almost any pads on the Grado's.

post #3330 of 3344

Just acquired a second pair of these glorious beasts (the chromies) and wondered if anyone could help me out with some info. From reading a few 40 page threads on here I understand that the chrome 325is were only produced for a short time. Does anyone know for how long and even roughly how many chrome versions were made? I'm trying to decide which pair to keep and which to rehome.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.