Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 220

post #3286 of 3333

Grats!!!

post #3287 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG Dave View Post

325is. #1241

 

Welcome to the club...

 

Just as a piece of advice...don't sell your pair...you will regret it later...;) 

post #3288 of 3333

Listening to the 325is on my new Lyr 2 headphone amp. Can't get past the Goldberg Variations at the moment, though I plan on playing some rock soon. The Lyr2 was delivered to work, and I did give Heart's Dreamboat Annie a listen, along with the new LZ on my work setup. 

 

Came close to buy some RS1s that are sitting at an audio store just a block away from work, must resist the urge. Frankly, I don't know if I want to replace these headphones, i enjoy them so much.  Anyone have the RS1s as well as the 325is?

post #3289 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarfLeonard View Post
 

Listening to the 325is on my new Lyr 2 headphone amp. Can't get past the Goldberg Variations at the moment, though I plan on playing some rock soon. The Lyr2 was delivered to work, and I did give Heart's Dreamboat Annie a listen, along with the new LZ on my work setup. 

 

Came close to buy some RS1s that are sitting at an audio store just a block away from work, must resist the urge. Frankly, I don't know if I want to replace these headphones, i enjoy them so much.  Anyone have the RS1s as well as the 325is?

Congratulations on the new amp.

I own both the 325is/RS1i's, and they are both excellent headphones IMO.

Can't tell you they're better than the 325is, because you ears are different than mine, but I can say the RS1i' get way more head time than the 325is's. They both have their own great sound!

But being that you are right down the block from them, I  would at listen to them if I had the chance and see from there if you prefer them over the 325is while you have the opportunity. 

post #3290 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoe View Post
 

Never sell the 325s... You'll just wind up rebuying them some months later. I'm on my 4th pair. :D

 

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but after selling my pair to fund an HE500, I think I miss them more than I missed the HE500.

post #3291 of 3333

The 325is's mid-range, IMO is quite incredible!

post #3292 of 3333

Agree, one of my drivers died in my old 325's 2 weeks ago and I've just quickly snapped up some late 125's cheap but I miss my 325's with anything a little heavy. My skull seems to thank me for wearing lighter can's though!

I'm going to try putting the 125 drivers in the old gold cups and see if there's any difference, started to prep the cups with a de-button and a new coat of mesh paint this weekend. Fingers crossed I get some of that mid range back - If not its some magnums or if I come into some money some RS1's - Heard them at the NZ meet and was really shocked by how good they sounded to me.

post #3293 of 3333

Might as well cut to the chase and get some PS1k and be done with it!

post #3294 of 3333

I bought a pair of almost new SR325is about a month ago, mostly out of curiosity. The seller claimed the cans had only a couple of hours on them, and I have no reason to think otherwise. Sadly these are not the new e version.

 

I wanted to hear for myself what was the bright and the infamous piercing treble everybody seems to hate, but I have failed to find it yet. What I've found so far is a sweet; very sweet reproduction of female vocals (Diana Krall, Rebecca Pidgeon, Norah Jones, Heart, Tarja Turunen, etc), lifelike guitars and drums, and pretty much the best classic rock cans I've ever had.

 

These are definitely keepers! :)

 

Anyway; just checking in, and waiting for impressions on the SR325e.

S/N: 17413

Amp used: JDS Labs 02 (1x gain setting) 

post #3295 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecr View Post
 

I bought a pair of almost new SR325is about a month ago, mostly out of curiosity. The seller claimed the cans had only a couple of hours on them, and I have no reason to think otherwise. Sadly these are not the new e version.

 

I wanted to hear for myself what was the bright and the infamous piercing treble everybody seems to hate, but I have failed to find it yet. What I've found so far is a sweet; very sweet reproduction of female vocals (Diana Krall, Rebecca Pidgeon, Norah Jones, Heart, Tarja Turunen, etc), lifelike guitars and drums, and pretty much the best classic rock cans I've ever had.

 

These are definitely keepers! :)

 

Anyway; just checking in, and waiting for impressions on the SR325e.

S/N: 17413

Amp used: JDS Labs 02 (1x gain setting) 


Congrats and yeah....the 325 is an incredible headphone.

post #3296 of 3333

#7131 reporting in. A chrome pair I bought off a head-fi member. All I can say is that these headphones make love to your ears.

post #3297 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by poemichan View Post
 

#7131 reporting in. A chrome pair I bought off a head-fi member. All I can say is that these headphones make love to your ears.

Congratulations on your 325's…and yes they are awesome!

post #3298 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark-g View Post

Agree, one of my drivers died in my old 325's 2 weeks ago and I've just quickly snapped up some late 125's cheap but I miss my 325's with anything a little heavy. My skull seems to thank me for wearing lighter can's

Send them to Grado for repair. Had same with a pair of SR 80's recently. 2 weeks later back from Grado better than new

Good luck
post #3299 of 3333

New SR325e owner here, chiming in.

post #3300 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by headwhacker View Post
 

New SR325e owner here, chiming in.

 

impressions appreciated....

 

:beerchug:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.