Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 214

post #3196 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

My opinion is, although the G-cush pads make the can a little more comfortable (not a lot), they also make them sound immensely worse. What people think is an addition to the soundstage depth is really just an empty and hollow feeling that gets added to the sonics because the pads do push the drivers slightly away from your ears. I think it also adds reverberation to the sonics which is just bad news in my book.

I agree on this about the (G) cushions with the 325's.

You also lose all of the intimacy/impact of the sound signature, and the comfort between the (L)/(G) cushions is not all that of a big difference. As a matter of fact I found the (G) cushion a little warm on the ears after some time. Grado puts a lot of R&D in their design…I'm sure thats why the 325's come with the (L) cushions, where as the GS/PS come with the (G) cushions. I'm saying this from my experience with the GS1Ki's, which are made for the (G) cushions. Just my opinion.

post #3197 of 3333

I'm glad we all still agree that the G-Cush is more comfortable and has a bigger soundstage.:evil:

post #3198 of 3333

I'm not sure how much R&D went into the comfies, but they look pretty generic to me, and while I agree with Grado's choice of going with the G cush on the GS/PS 1000, I much prefer the L cush on my SR80i and Bushmills X, to the comfies they came with.

post #3199 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

I'm glad we all still agree that the G-Cush is more comfortable and has a bigger soundstage.:evil:

True, the sound stage is bigger, I just prefer the intimacy/impact with the (L), and they keep my ears a little cooler, but yes of course the (G's) are comfortable also being they are around the ear, but I personally don't have any issues with the (L's) on my ears.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacker45 View Post
 

I'm not sure how much R&D went into the comfies, but they look pretty generic to me, and while I agree with Grado's choice of going with the G cush on the GS/PS 1000, I much prefer the L cush on my SR80i and Bushmills X, to the comfies they came with.

I agree about the 80i's with the (L) cushions 100%.

I didn't actually mean the R&D with the (G) cushion itself, I meant the matching of the (G) with the GS/PS drivers. The GS still has some intimacy (not as much because of the wider sound stage, you really can't have both), but keeps its impact with the (G), where as the 325 doesn't. The 325's too me just don't sound like their supposed too with the (G), IMO. 


Edited by joseph69 - 3/5/14 at 11:49am
post #3200 of 3333
yes I agree I have Gs also, at first I thought they sounded great until I started A - B ing them..the G's sucks out the mids, and lose impact.
post #3201 of 3333
I find that if you just turn up th volume with the G's it's not a big difference.

I can't use them for more than an hour with stock pads so for me the increased comfort is totally worth it. I do understand that this will differ for all people though.
post #3202 of 3333

hmm maybe ill stick with the stock pads, i think the initial shock of the fit after using 650's exclusively for so long. Still cant get enough of these cans.

post #3203 of 3333

Maybe the G-cush gives you a little bit more depth, but at the cost of introducing the reverb, it's just so not even worth it.

post #3204 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 

Maybe the G-cush gives you a little bit more depth, but at the cost of introducing the reverb, it's just so not even worth it.

Don't hear this "reverb."  Guess I'm just lucky.

post #3205 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

Don't hear this "reverb."  Guess I'm just lucky.

Maybe I'm sensitive to it? I don't know. I really sometimes wish I didn't do the Golden Ears Challenge because now I'm noticing things I didn't notice before. My point, though, is I can definitely hear the extra space (not in a good way) that the g-cush gives you.

post #3206 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by roguegeek View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

Don't hear this "reverb."  Guess I'm just lucky.

Maybe I'm sensitive to it? I don't know. I really sometimes wish I didn't do the Golden Ears Challenge because now I'm noticing things I didn't notice before. My point, though, is I can definitely hear the extra space (not in a good way) that the g-cush gives you.

I love extra space.  I think it's the second hit that does it.

post #3207 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post
 

I love extra space.  I think it's the second hit that does it.

This is why I only take one hit!

post #3208 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

This is why I only take one hit!

 

Yeah, I am now officially too old for two hits   :p

 

But I am totally fine with one :D

post #3209 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlwind View Post
 

 

Yeah, I am now officially too old for two hits   :p

 

But I am totally fine with one :D

+1 Totally fine with one!

post #3210 of 3333
My recent "mod" for Grado 325is. What I can say that G-cush Re way more comfortable than the stock ones. What I have noticed a bit is the fact that maybe sound moved slightly towards middle of the head, more than using the original pads. Have you noticed the same?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.