Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 204

post #3046 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrzych View Post


My DAC has only one pair of L/R outputs and those are already used connected to my amplifier.

So you take them out of that amplifier, and plug them into the LD, which is also an amplifier, so now you will be using the LD as your amp.

post #3047 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrzych View Post


My DAC has only one pair of L/R outputs and those are already used connected to my amplifier.

So you take them out of that amplifier, and plug them into the LD, which is also an amplifier, so now you will be using the LD as your amp.


That is the goal. Should I use Tape Out from the amplifier?
post #3048 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrzych View Post


That is the goal. Should I use Tape Out from the amplifier?

The LD has a volume control, and it is the amplifier, so you plug directly into it from the DAC's L/R outputs. I will send some pictures in a little while to show the sequence I have to use the MBP-Modi-LD-headphnes.

post #3049 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrzych View Post


That is the goal. Should I use Tape Out from the amplifier?

The LD has a volume control, and it is the amplifier, so you plug directly into it from the DAC's L/R outputs. I will send some pictures in a little while to show the sequence I have to use the MBP-Modi-LD-headphnes.


To connect LD from DAC which has only one pair of L/R outputs already connected to my Marantz amp I need something like a splitter, correct?
post #3050 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrzych View Post




To connect LD from DAC which has only one pair of L/R outputs already connected to my Marantz amp I need something like a splitter, correct?

If thats what you want to do, yes, but it will no longer be necessary to use the Marantz amplifier with the LD1+ amplifier.

post #3051 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrzych View Post




To connect LD from DAC which has only one pair of L/R outputs already connected to my Marantz amp I need something like a splitter, correct?

If thats what you want to do, yes, but it will no longer be necessary to use the Marantz amplifier with the LD1+ amplifier.


Oh, well if I still want to listen over my speakers that's nececerry. I don't want to listen only via the cans and reconnecting the cables each time.
post #3052 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrzych View Post


Oh, well if I still want to listen over my speakers that's nececerry. I don't want to listen only via the cans and reconnecting the cables each time.

Yes ,then you will need a splitter.

Here is the sequence in which I have my source, dac, amp, headphones.

1st- MBP's USB to Modi's A-male to B male input. (Modi in the upper left corner in the draw). 

2nd- Modi's A-male to B male input from MBP's USB.

3rd- Modi's L/R outputs to LD's L/R inputs.

4th- Headphones to LD's headphone output, and your set! 

post #3053 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrzych View Post


Oh, well if I still want to listen over my speakers that's nececerry. I don't want to listen only via the cans and reconnecting the cables each time.

Yes ,then you will need a splitter.

Here is the sequence in which I have my source, dac, amp, headphones.

1st- MBP's USB to Modi's A-male to B male input. (Modi in the upper left corner in the draw). 

2nd- Modi's A-male to B male input from MBP's USB.

3rd- Modi's L/R outputs to LD's L/R inputs.

4th- Headphones to LD's headphone output, and your set! 


Thanks a lot for your time and pictures!
post #3054 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post

Yes ,then you will need a splitter.
Here is the sequence in which I have my source, dac, amp, headphones.
1st- MBP's USB to Modi's A-male to B male input. (Modi in the upper left corner in the draw). 
2nd- Modi's A-male to B male input from MBP's USB.
3rd- Modi's L/R outputs to LD's L/R inputs.
4th- Headphones to LD's headphone output, and your set! 




That's a sweet looking amp.. That's awesome and can imagine how good that sounds.. I love tube amps..
post #3055 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman46 View Post


That's a sweet looking amp.. That's awesome and can imagine how good that sounds.. I love tube amps..

Thank you, it is a nice sounding/looking amp, especially for the price. I would definitely recommend it to someone looking for a tube amp, plus there is a huge thread on tube rolling for this amp (LD1+ tube rolling guide) and it is a hybrid so you can change the OPAMP to suite your sound preference also.

post #3056 of 3337

15421 new silver sr325i. Has anyone ever tried polyester fiber inside the Grado cups? In a speaker box it increases enclosure volume (the speaker acts as it would in a larger box) and eliminates internal reflections. I was wondering about the effects of doing so with a headphones.

post #3057 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASillyUsername View Post
 

15421 new silver sr325i. Has anyone ever tried polyester fiber inside the Grado cups? In a speaker box it increases enclosure volume (the speaker acts as it would in a larger box) and eliminates internal reflections. I was wondering about the effects of doing so with a headphones.

I don't know if you ever put your hands even close to the Grado cups while listening, but It sound terrible, try it out, and then put your hands fully over the cups and take a listen. I don't think filling the cups with any type of material would do the Grado's justice, they are designed to be open backs. But try it anyway.

post #3058 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph69 View Post
 

I don't know if you ever put your hands even close to the Grado cups while listening, but It sound terrible, try it out, and then put your hands fully over the cups and take a listen. I don't think filling the cups with any type of material would do the Grado's justice, they are designed to be open backs. But try it anyway.

I have done this, but please understand that polyester fiber inside the cups won't 'close' the cans (if anything it should help 'open' them more) and I don't expect the result to sound anything close to hands covering them. I plan on trying this mod on my own and certainly will post about it, but wanted to ask if anyone else has tried it.

post #3059 of 3337
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASillyUsername View Post
 

I have done this, but please understand that polyester fiber inside the cups won't 'close' the cans (if anything it should help 'open' them more) and I don't expect the result to sound anything close to hands covering them. I plan on trying this mod on my own and certainly will post about it, but wanted to ask if anyone else has tried it.

I look forward to hearing the results, and your impressions, good luck.

post #3060 of 3337

Pretty sure it's been done and not with good results. Give me a few minutes to see if I can find some poly and I'll give it a try.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.