- 283 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 1/7/16 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 11/22/15 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for open headphones. ~300$ budget Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@bbophead saw your price breakdown on on the main grado thread. Factor in the rip off UK price of the 325 (best part of $600), I think I would go down the RS1/ PS500 or higher rather than the full custom mod. Would love to get at least some alu gimbals and blocks on my 325 though. Best get a job first!. Beautiful work though and sure they feel and sound amazing.
Oh, I almost completely agree. But, it turns out I'm a 325 kind of guy. I had the 500 for ten months with my modded 325 and sold the 500. Too much mid-bass. I have never heard the RS1 but I like a large soundstage so I'd have to slap G-Cushions on it.
Thanks for the compliment. They are and they do.
I'm having trouble deciding between the HD600 or SR325is.
I mostly listen to Rock and Rap and I hear Grados are great at these genres....would they be better then the HD600?
I'm going to be using these headphones with the magni/modi combo
Well I can tell you that I listen to alternative rock, rock, jazz and so on, but I don't listen to rap, anyway I have the 325is and the Magni/Modi and I am very satisfied with the sound of this setup. I've never heard the HD600 so I can't comment on them, but in my opinion you can't go wrong with this setup as far as I'm concerned, it sounds awesome. I also use the 325's with the LD1+/Modi and same goes for that setup although the amps sound different from each other, I like them both very much, especially for the price!
grado are great for rock but not for rap.
Just wanted to post some research results after listening to these headphones a few weeks with my home setup, the Schiit Asgard 2 & Bifrost Uber. I absolutely love these phones, I find myself picking them up more than my HD650's. After realizing this I wanted to bring this sound with me to work and found the Schiit Magni and Modi with some closed back headphones (because of noise isolation) the Sennheiser Amperiors made a very close comparison to the 325is. Just in case someone was looking for something similar but with better isolation.
I hate to do this but I am selling my beautiful gold 325i. I'm trying to help fund a Stax rig so check it out if you're in the market.
I do plan on keeping my sr60 for those times when I need my Grado fix.
Nobody's stopping you from spending your money and Burson makes quality product but that Burson is way too powerful for your Grados
- The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 15 seconds ago
- › Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song... 43 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! Bose QC25 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 5 minutes ago
- › Grado RS2e or Sennheiser HD700 for upgrade 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...