- 305 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 1/7/16 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 11/22/15 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for open headphones. ~300$ budget Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
I didn't have much expectations when i ordered this headphone from GearBest back in january 2016..it took around 3 weeks to arrive and the packaging was simple. The moment i unpacked the box i got...
Note: I bought the Trinity Phantom Sabre in the pre-order period for ~75€. The Value rating is based on the full retail price of around 150€. Manufacturer website:...
Bluedio Vinyl Plus Bluetooth Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
Like HD471i but closed and produce better resonance, better volume, clarity on treble, but none of these descriptions actually help make it sound good..to be honest. And to be honest, t40rp mk2...
Firstly I would like to thank 1More for sending me this sample to review, I always try to write honest reviews, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before review, no differences were...
The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@bbophead saw your price breakdown on on the main grado thread. Factor in the rip off UK price of the 325 (best part of $600), I think I would go down the RS1/ PS500 or higher rather than the full custom mod. Would love to get at least some alu gimbals and blocks on my 325 though. Best get a job first!. Beautiful work though and sure they feel and sound amazing.
Oh, I almost completely agree. But, it turns out I'm a 325 kind of guy. I had the 500 for ten months with my modded 325 and sold the 500. Too much mid-bass. I have never heard the RS1 but I like a large soundstage so I'd have to slap G-Cushions on it.
Thanks for the compliment. They are and they do.
I'm having trouble deciding between the HD600 or SR325is.
I mostly listen to Rock and Rap and I hear Grados are great at these genres....would they be better then the HD600?
I'm going to be using these headphones with the magni/modi combo
Well I can tell you that I listen to alternative rock, rock, jazz and so on, but I don't listen to rap, anyway I have the 325is and the Magni/Modi and I am very satisfied with the sound of this setup. I've never heard the HD600 so I can't comment on them, but in my opinion you can't go wrong with this setup as far as I'm concerned, it sounds awesome. I also use the 325's with the LD1+/Modi and same goes for that setup although the amps sound different from each other, I like them both very much, especially for the price!
grado are great for rock but not for rap.
Just wanted to post some research results after listening to these headphones a few weeks with my home setup, the Schiit Asgard 2 & Bifrost Uber. I absolutely love these phones, I find myself picking them up more than my HD650's. After realizing this I wanted to bring this sound with me to work and found the Schiit Magni and Modi with some closed back headphones (because of noise isolation) the Sennheiser Amperiors made a very close comparison to the 325is. Just in case someone was looking for something similar but with better isolation.
I hate to do this but I am selling my beautiful gold 325i. I'm trying to help fund a Stax rig so check it out if you're in the market.
I do plan on keeping my sr60 for those times when I need my Grado fix.
Nobody's stopping you from spending your money and Burson makes quality product but that Burson is way too powerful for your Grados
- The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
- › Metrum Acoustics Menuet DAC 10 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 32 seconds ago
- › SONY MDR-Z7 44 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › what do i get for my dt 990 pro 250 ohms 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 6 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 6 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - PHANTOM SABRE by FUYU
- › Bluedio Vinyl Plus Luxury Wireless Bluetooth Headphones(Black) by mark2410
- › German Maestro GMP 8.40 D Professional by mien
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by ostewart
- › Philips Fidelio S2 by Jemuillot
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by ryanjsoo
- › Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus by hankaberle
- › Accutone Pavo by Cinder
- › Little Dot MK III by Beztis
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...