- 172 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 7/1/15 at 4:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 5/21/15 at 9:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for open headphones. ~300$ budget Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@bbophead saw your price breakdown on on the main grado thread. Factor in the rip off UK price of the 325 (best part of $600), I think I would go down the RS1/ PS500 or higher rather than the full custom mod. Would love to get at least some alu gimbals and blocks on my 325 though. Best get a job first!. Beautiful work though and sure they feel and sound amazing.
Oh, I almost completely agree. But, it turns out I'm a 325 kind of guy. I had the 500 for ten months with my modded 325 and sold the 500. Too much mid-bass. I have never heard the RS1 but I like a large soundstage so I'd have to slap G-Cushions on it.
Thanks for the compliment. They are and they do.
I'm having trouble deciding between the HD600 or SR325is.
I mostly listen to Rock and Rap and I hear Grados are great at these genres....would they be better then the HD600?
I'm going to be using these headphones with the magni/modi combo
Well I can tell you that I listen to alternative rock, rock, jazz and so on, but I don't listen to rap, anyway I have the 325is and the Magni/Modi and I am very satisfied with the sound of this setup. I've never heard the HD600 so I can't comment on them, but in my opinion you can't go wrong with this setup as far as I'm concerned, it sounds awesome. I also use the 325's with the LD1+/Modi and same goes for that setup although the amps sound different from each other, I like them both very much, especially for the price!
grado are great for rock but not for rap.
Just wanted to post some research results after listening to these headphones a few weeks with my home setup, the Schiit Asgard 2 & Bifrost Uber. I absolutely love these phones, I find myself picking them up more than my HD650's. After realizing this I wanted to bring this sound with me to work and found the Schiit Magni and Modi with some closed back headphones (because of noise isolation) the Sennheiser Amperiors made a very close comparison to the 325is. Just in case someone was looking for something similar but with better isolation.
I hate to do this but I am selling my beautiful gold 325i. I'm trying to help fund a Stax rig so check it out if you're in the market.
I do plan on keeping my sr60 for those times when I need my Grado fix.
Nobody's stopping you from spending your money and Burson makes quality product but that Burson is way too powerful for your Grados
- The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 9 seconds ago
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 14 seconds ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 18 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 34 seconds ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 44 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 47 seconds ago
- › Denon AH-D1001 or D2000: Decisions... 52 seconds ago
- › CUSTOMART AU/NZ CIEM Demo Lineup Tour 1 minute ago
- › Looking for ~$60 headphones for home use on a PC without a... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3