- 2 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 6/29/14 at 9:42am in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 6/28/14 at 3:41pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for open headphones. ~300$ budget Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
- DECWARE and Grados... Last post on 1/21/11 at 12:51pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Sony XB90EX Review This is not gonna be super in depth but just a small review and a comparison to the Sony XBA30. Ok so first thing I noticed when unboxing, wow they are big! Definitely much...
first review. yayyyyyyyyyy, so here we go. I am no super expert in headphones, but heres what I think the bass is very rumbling. I think that it wasn't as thumping or hard hitting as i would like...
I currently had done a review for the Fostex HP-A3 DAC/amp unit, which is a couple years old, but none the less one of the best units in the price range from experience and reading material...
Bought these in an airport as my other earbuds had stopped working. Even though I bought these in an emergency I immediately regret this purchase. They are definitely worse than the old apple...
Thanks to Calyx for allowing Team Tokyo to borrow a unit for review. Note: Version 0.6 and 0.95 of the software were used for this review. The first thing many people wanted when they...
The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@bbophead saw your price breakdown on on the main grado thread. Factor in the rip off UK price of the 325 (best part of $600), I think I would go down the RS1/ PS500 or higher rather than the full custom mod. Would love to get at least some alu gimbals and blocks on my 325 though. Best get a job first!. Beautiful work though and sure they feel and sound amazing.
Oh, I almost completely agree. But, it turns out I'm a 325 kind of guy. I had the 500 for ten months with my modded 325 and sold the 500. Too much mid-bass. I have never heard the RS1 but I like a large soundstage so I'd have to slap G-Cushions on it.
Thanks for the compliment. They are and they do.
I'm having trouble deciding between the HD600 or SR325is.
I mostly listen to Rock and Rap and I hear Grados are great at these genres....would they be better then the HD600?
I'm going to be using these headphones with the magni/modi combo
Well I can tell you that I listen to alternative rock, rock, jazz and so on, but I don't listen to rap, anyway I have the 325is and the Magni/Modi and I am very satisfied with the sound of this setup. I've never heard the HD600 so I can't comment on them, but in my opinion you can't go wrong with this setup as far as I'm concerned, it sounds awesome. I also use the 325's with the LD1+/Modi and same goes for that setup although the amps sound different from each other, I like them both very much, especially for the price!
grado are great for rock but not for rap.
Just wanted to post some research results after listening to these headphones a few weeks with my home setup, the Schiit Asgard 2 & Bifrost Uber. I absolutely love these phones, I find myself picking them up more than my HD650's. After realizing this I wanted to bring this sound with me to work and found the Schiit Magni and Modi with some closed back headphones (because of noise isolation) the Sennheiser Amperiors made a very close comparison to the 325is. Just in case someone was looking for something similar but with better isolation.
I hate to do this but I am selling my beautiful gold 325i. I'm trying to help fund a Stax rig so check it out if you're in the market.
I do plan on keeping my sr60 for those times when I need my Grado fix.
Nobody's stopping you from spending your money and Burson makes quality product but that Burson is way too powerful for your Grados
- The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser headphones for a mix of quality audio in music and gaming? 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 2 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Fried Chicken 2 minutes ago
- › do IEMs give more bang for buck? 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › Marshall Monitor Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Favorite Bruckner Recordings 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 7 minutes ago
- › SONY MDR-XB90EX | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese Import) by kevms89
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by classycans
- › Audio Poutine CDAC+ by WhiskeyJacks
- › Hama HK-3063 by Blanejmc
- › Calyx Audio M by Currawong
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro - 600 ohms by MrTechAgent
- › T-PEOS H-100II by mark2410
- › Yulong Audio D200 32bit 384khz DSD DAC by customNuts
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Wyd4
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by MattTCG
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)