- 317 Posts. Joined 9/2013
- Location: NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- New Grados or something else? $1000 budget (new or used) Last post on 1/5/15 at 1:04pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which albums sound best with your Grado? Last post on 1/7/16 at 6:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Grado PS500s (new Grado's) Last post on 11/22/15 at 10:27pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need recommendation for open headphones. ~300$ budget Last post on 2/21/13 at 12:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable Amp For My Grado cans (and some other low impedance phones) Last post on 4/11/11 at 11:33am in Portable Headphone Amps
AK Audio Super Dolphin 6BASticking a Dolphin in your ears! DisclaimerThe Super Dolphin 6BA is a loaner unit provided in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion. I have tried my best to...
This is an excellent pair of headphones, sound is very clear, and the looks are impressive. I am disappointed with the padding, hurts to wear in less then 15 minutes. Pads can be replaced though....
I've had mine for almost 5 years, still breathing and still sounds great! I've had mine short circuit for two times because and fixed it, still sounds the same. So far this is the best for me and I...
When these went on sale at massdrop I thought I was going to put one over on the man and get some really good audiophile grade headphones for $100, sadly that's not what I got when the package...
This little DAC punches way way way above its weight. I fell deep into the audiophile hole about a month ago, waiting for our 2nd son to be born. If I could be so bold, I went through a...
The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 200
Gear mentioned in this thread:
@bbophead saw your price breakdown on on the main grado thread. Factor in the rip off UK price of the 325 (best part of $600), I think I would go down the RS1/ PS500 or higher rather than the full custom mod. Would love to get at least some alu gimbals and blocks on my 325 though. Best get a job first!. Beautiful work though and sure they feel and sound amazing.
Oh, I almost completely agree. But, it turns out I'm a 325 kind of guy. I had the 500 for ten months with my modded 325 and sold the 500. Too much mid-bass. I have never heard the RS1 but I like a large soundstage so I'd have to slap G-Cushions on it.
Thanks for the compliment. They are and they do.
I'm having trouble deciding between the HD600 or SR325is.
I mostly listen to Rock and Rap and I hear Grados are great at these genres....would they be better then the HD600?
I'm going to be using these headphones with the magni/modi combo
Well I can tell you that I listen to alternative rock, rock, jazz and so on, but I don't listen to rap, anyway I have the 325is and the Magni/Modi and I am very satisfied with the sound of this setup. I've never heard the HD600 so I can't comment on them, but in my opinion you can't go wrong with this setup as far as I'm concerned, it sounds awesome. I also use the 325's with the LD1+/Modi and same goes for that setup although the amps sound different from each other, I like them both very much, especially for the price!
grado are great for rock but not for rap.
Just wanted to post some research results after listening to these headphones a few weeks with my home setup, the Schiit Asgard 2 & Bifrost Uber. I absolutely love these phones, I find myself picking them up more than my HD650's. After realizing this I wanted to bring this sound with me to work and found the Schiit Magni and Modi with some closed back headphones (because of noise isolation) the Sennheiser Amperiors made a very close comparison to the 325is. Just in case someone was looking for something similar but with better isolation.
I hate to do this but I am selling my beautiful gold 325i. I'm trying to help fund a Stax rig so check it out if you're in the market.
I do plan on keeping my sr60 for those times when I need my Grado fix.
Nobody's stopping you from spending your money and Burson makes quality product but that Burson is way too powerful for your Grados
- The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 4 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 12 seconds ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio Mars 4 wire braid (2 pin 2.5mm plug) (buyer pays... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 4 minutes ago
- › iPhone 7 Will Revolutionize Portable Audio for the First Time in a... 5 minutes ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 6 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by RedJohn456
- › HE-5LE by audiophilehe400
- › Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System with Subwoofer by artofmanliness
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by reikoshea
- › Hifime Sabre 9018 USB DAC by Rish732
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Rish732
- › FiiO A1 Micro Headphone Amplifier by chef8489
- › Over Ear Headphones，Mixcder ShareMe Pro Bluetooth 4.1 Stereo HiFi... by B9Scrambler
- › DIGNIS LAETUS case for Chord Electronics Mojo by HiFiChris
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by cleg
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...