Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Grado 325i Owners Club. - Page 170

post #2536 of 3333

My attempt at an SR325is smiley:  :sr325is:

post #2537 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by francoamerican View Post

OK the Grado journey continued - but the brightness of the 325is got to me before 30 day return policy was up - so I returned them.  

 

Tried the PS500 and found the bass too prominent in a short audition couldn't wait for "break in" to fix things due to the high cost.  I ended up finding some A stock HF2 that only been used for an hour on head-fi!  Have a Mad Ear+ HD Super II Custom on the way!

 

Same here, the brightness got to me... got them to try while my MS2 were getting fixed... MS2 for me.

post #2538 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

i thought they just returned to the ugly ps1000 finish. i want chrome if i ever buy them.

 

Yeah the powder finish. Me I liked the first finish "wet" of the PS1000.

900x900px-LL-6342536e_IMG_0350.jpeg 900x900px-LL-ed2ebfbf_669578840_MYcRv-XL.jpeg

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunmonkey View Post

I was lucky enough to get chrome 325is (last xmas) and chrome PS1000s (this xmas). I hated the chrome when I first got it, but like it a lot more than the new PS500 finish. And I am with you, DS Girl, I thought that the PS500  finish was going to be across all of the metal Grado models. I'm hearing conflicting stories though. But now, I really dig the chrome. It has a good feel to it - strong. 

 

Chrome SR325is are my favorites also :P, I would have bought them instead if I wouldn't have a SR325i already.

 

I still can't decide myself if whether or not I want a PS-1000. Buying it will be for another year, but I can't even determine if I feel like listening to one. I looove the look though.


Edited by devouringone3 - 5/19/12 at 10:10pm
post #2539 of 3333

Would a Fiio E10 be enough to drive a set of 325is?

post #2540 of 3333

I don't know, but I wouldn't worry too much about it ;) they are as easy to drive as your SR80, even maybe a tad easier because of the metal around them.

 

When you surround a driver by metal is gets to play louder on the same amplifier volume level, than it would when it's housed in plastic.

post #2541 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by devouringone3 View Post

I don't know, but I wouldn't worry too much about it ;) they are as easy to drive as your SR80, even maybe a tad easier because of the metal around them.

 

When you surround a driver by metal is gets to play louder on the same amplifier volume level, than it would when it's housed in plastic.

Metal is always louder. very_evil_smiley.gif

post #2542 of 3333

should be enough to drive them. slightly harder to drive than the lower sr models, but not by much. a good amp will always make them shine though, mine scaled up pretty well when i listened to them on my WA6-SE, thats a higher end amp though.

post #2543 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl View Post

should be enough to drive them. slightly harder to drive than the lower sr models, but not by much. a good amp will always make them shine though, mine scaled up pretty well when i listened to them on my WA6-SE, thats a higher end amp though.

 

That's what I am thinking. I don't have problems driving any of my other phones. Been doing a lot of reading about tube amps and Grados and the synergy therein. Perhaps I should consider some tubes in the near future as well.

 

Cheers

post #2544 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover666 View Post

 

That's what I am thinking. I don't have problems driving any of my other phones. Been doing a lot of reading about tube amps and Grados and the synergy therein. Perhaps I should consider some tubes in the near future as well.

 

Cheers

 

I have always liked the SR325 best with a powerfull solid state. It sounds great with a Beta22 and the old Sugden Headmaster. The latest very good match I found at my last meet was the new Heed Canalot + SR325i - that combination was one of the best amplifiers I have heard for the SR325. 

post #2545 of 3333

In my search of a more minimalistic lifestyle I had to let my beloved Grado SR325i go last week. I will miss them a lot that is for sure. They do something no other headphone can do with their edgy and punchy in-your-face-sound. My goal is to have just one headphone for all listening styles and places and they have to be closed. So with the new sound from Beyerdynamic - specially the T70p - I have found a headphone which does what the 325i did for me PLUS giving me a much better soundstage. Painting layers in a soundstage have never been the strongest side of the Grados. But they do so much more in a grat way. 

 

So hereby a goodbye to this club - at least for a while :-)

post #2546 of 3333

Just recieved my SR325is Grado's the otther day.  My serial # is 12298 for the registry.  I steped up from a pair of SR80 Grado's which I love.  Still have not had time to sit down a listen to them.  I also have yet to buy the Grado 1/4'' to 3.5mm adaptor cable.  More to come!

post #2547 of 3333

Hope you will enjoy them. I had the same parcours, coming from the SR80 to the SR325i. And they are very nice headphones. I have now as well a PS500 and an alessandro MSpro but at the moment I mainly listen with the SR325i and my HF1. 
 

post #2548 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddin View Post

Hope you will enjoy them. I had the same parcours, coming from the SR80 to the SR325i. And they are very nice headphones. I have now as well a PS500 and an alessandro MSpro but at the moment I mainly listen with the SR325i and my HF1. 
 

I bought my 325i's two years ago.  Eight months ago I bought the PS-500's.  I'm starting to listen to my 325i's more and more to the neglect of the 500's. There's something too plummy and fuzzy about the 500's mid-bass, especially on classical solo piano.

post #2549 of 3333

I forgot to mention that I was not sure I recieved a pair of 325is and might have been sold the older 325i or 325.  I called Grado directly and the first woman on the phone asked me to check the serial #'s on the box and the headphones which I did and they did not match.  She put me on hold and a gentleman came on the phone and asked a few questions and said he was certain I had the 325is.  I asked who I was talking to (because he was so helpful) and he said  "my name is John Grado".  LOL , I could not believe it.  Now thats some great customer service and one of the many reasons I love GRADO. 

post #2550 of 3333
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbophead View Post

I bought my 325i's two years ago.  Eight months ago I bought the PS-500's.  I'm starting to listen to my 325i's more and more to the neglect of the 500's. There's something too plummy and fuzzy about the 500's mid-bass, especially on classical solo piano.

Same here. I have the PS500 now for 6 month. But for most recordings the SR325i sound more balanced to my ears than the PS500 because there is too much midbass. I can hear that it is technically a good headphone, soundstage is a bit wider than the SR325i but for most recordings it does not work. And the SR325i is excellent for vocals in my opinion. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Official Grado 325i Owners Club.