wateva headphones YOU are using right now are the most overrated headphones eva. and that's the truth
Related Forum Threads
- Differences between models of grado headphones? Last post on 12/20/10 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend me a pair of headphones for at most $150? Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation on upgrading or buying new cans Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! vs Sennheiser 555 Last post on 1/6/12 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) is a company that I am very fond of. I absolutely loved their previous flagship, the TFZ Series 5 and praised it with very high word. It became one of my...
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Brainwavz Intro ABOUT US Brainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range...
Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD A Serious Common Denominator | PREVIOUS REVIEW | REVIEW INDEX | NEXT REVIEW | INTRODUCTION Angles of Approach There’s always been a certain connotation...
http://www.fidue.com/content/view?brand=fidue_en&item=81&core=news Fidue have been active for some years now and they seem to have release great quality products / earphones. Personally,...
The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread - Page 45post #661 of 66612/22/13 at 1:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 66612/22/13 at 4:55pmpost #663 of 66612/22/13 at 5:51pmpost #664 of 6661/14/14 at 12:09amQuote:
+1 Same applies to the HA-S500. I really want to like them, wanted to see what the 680 sounds like, but they are just euphonic.
Useful on very poor sounding recordings, but otherwise...post #665 of 6661/14/14 at 12:51am
In the end it all Comes to personal taste, and the compromise you are prepared to make,as the perfect in ears doesn´t exist at least at a reasonable Price.For example, the Rock It Sounds R50 sounds to bright for me, and my JVC HA-FX 1000 somethimes to laid back wich isn´t necessarily a bad Thing, for example with acoustic jazz.The best compromise between the two are my Yamaha EPH-100 wich sounds great with all Music.Overrated are mostly those phones who are very expensive, and don´t justify the Price-tag simply on Hearing efforts, but what makes the Price in the end? If Rock It Sounds R50 were made in the US they would come with at least the double pricetag they now have being made in China. The main question is than , are we prepared to pay for the American worker or do we prefere the cheaper labour of Chinese slaves? Expensive phones are not necesarily the best, as it Comes mostly to the Point where they are made, The Sennheiser IE800 are handmade in Germany, their lower ranges like the CX890i are made in China but also sounds superb. at only 1/ 5 of the Price the 800 costs. Does the diffrence in Price means that the 800 are 5 times better, or even just double as good? No, they aren´t , so beside your personal taste there are also the social issues wich make up to consider, when you buy headphones and or in ears.
- The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › The ZMF Omni name change contest and sale 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 14 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 15 minutes ago
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › LZ-A4 by peter123
- › Etymotic ER4XR by leaky74
- › Etymotic ER4SR by leaky74
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear