wateva headphones YOU are using right now are the most overrated headphones eva. and that's the truth
Related Forum Threads
- Differences between models of grado headphones? Last post on 12/20/10 at 10:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphone under 100$ Last post on 12/11/13 at 3:42pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommend me a pair of headphones for at most $150? Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Recommendation on upgrading or buying new cans Last post on 1/9/12 at 6:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Creative Aurvana Live! vs Sennheiser 555 Last post on 1/6/12 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread - Page 45post #661 of 66612/22/13 at 1:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #662 of 66612/22/13 at 4:55pmpost #663 of 66612/22/13 at 5:51pmpost #664 of 6661/14/14 at 12:09amQuote:
+1 Same applies to the HA-S500. I really want to like them, wanted to see what the 680 sounds like, but they are just euphonic.
Useful on very poor sounding recordings, but otherwise...post #665 of 6661/14/14 at 12:51am
In the end it all Comes to personal taste, and the compromise you are prepared to make,as the perfect in ears doesn´t exist at least at a reasonable Price.For example, the Rock It Sounds R50 sounds to bright for me, and my JVC HA-FX 1000 somethimes to laid back wich isn´t necessarily a bad Thing, for example with acoustic jazz.The best compromise between the two are my Yamaha EPH-100 wich sounds great with all Music.Overrated are mostly those phones who are very expensive, and don´t justify the Price-tag simply on Hearing efforts, but what makes the Price in the end? If Rock It Sounds R50 were made in the US they would come with at least the double pricetag they now have being made in China. The main question is than , are we prepared to pay for the American worker or do we prefere the cheaper labour of Chinese slaves? Expensive phones are not necesarily the best, as it Comes mostly to the Point where they are made, The Sennheiser IE800 are handmade in Germany, their lower ranges like the CX890i are made in China but also sounds superb. at only 1/ 5 of the Price the 800 costs. Does the diffrence in Price means that the 800 are 5 times better, or even just double as good? No, they aren´t , so beside your personal taste there are also the social issues wich make up to consider, when you buy headphones and or in ears.
- The official "most OVERRATED headphones" thread
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 1 minute ago
- › Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › The Opamp thread 6 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 8 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 9 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 9 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear