New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mini Meet Maastricht June the 3rd 2007 - Page 22

post #316 of 423
Thread Starter 
Too bad Kees and Chimpie you won't be able to attend my meet.
Rik, if you set up a meet I will definately be there haha!
And to add a little extra to mine...Hans from Quables is probably not able to come but he wants to sponsor the meet! A very generous offer if I may say so. I will hang his posters all around this house
post #317 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by procreate View Post
I've also got my eyes on that!


One step at a time! But I'm definitely interested in the RS-1!
You'd be a fine owner of the RS-1! I know you loved the RS-1/Singlepower combo at the meet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
You'll be the first one I'll contact if, no when, I'm gonna sell! I've got this pigtail from MoonAudio coming soon, so I'll be able to connect my K1000 to the SLAM. We'll see how that sounds. It supposed to be okay-ish...

Two possible outcomes:
1. It sounds crappy: Sell the SLAM and get the RWA Sig30. Sell the RS-1, since I don't have an amp for it.
2. It sounds pretty good: Keep the SLAM for a while. Sell the HD650 with Silver Dragon v2. Keep the RS-1 for a little while to annoy Charles...
Definitely interested in how it would sound from the Singlepower. Everything else I've tried with it didn't have the power to drive it, but a Singlepower just might.
You do realise that once you have a good K1000 rig, there's hardly anything to upgrade to? That causes problems, best solved by moving on to speakers... Prepare for another curse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
Too bad Kees and Chimpie you won't be able to attend my meet.
Rik, if you set up a meet I will definately be there haha!
And to add a little extra to mine...Hans from Quables is probably not able to come but he wants to sponsor the meet! A very generous offer if I may say so. I will hang his posters all around this house
If we can do a date before July 14th, I'd be happy to host it. I'll just clean out the workshop, throw away a couple half-done guitars, and there should be plenty of space.

Oh hang on -- I'll be headphone less by then! (Well, semi-high-end-rig-less?) Oh noes! Don't care, come anyways.
post #318 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmind View Post
Oh hang on -- I'll be headphone less by then! (Well, semi-high-end-rig-less?) Oh noes! Don't care, come anyways.
Well, in that case I will have to think about it
I kid...I will be there (if the date is oke) I can drive myself up there now haha wohoew so an independant women now Haha me like!
post #319 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmind View Post
You do realise that once you have a good K1000 rig, there's hardly anything to upgrade to? That causes problems, best solved by moving on to speakers... Prepare for another curse!
Don't worry... I've still got a long road ahead of me! Source, amp, cables, power conditioners... I'll think of something! And afterwards maybe speakers. To problem with speakers is that I'll need a nice spacious room for that. Housing in Rotterdam is expensive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmind View Post
If we can do a date before July 14th, I'd be happy to host it. I'll just clean out the workshop, throw away a couple half-done guitars, and there should be plenty of space.
Oh hang on -- I'll be headphone less by then! (Well, semi-high-end-rig-less?) Oh noes! Don't care, come anyways.
Done. I'll be there if you can fix the date in the weekends... And which headphone rig is that? We can easily re-create yours with my K1000. I suppose you'll still have the Aleph M and Vincent CDP, right?
post #320 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
Well, in that case I will have to think about it
I kid...I will be there (if the date is oke) I can drive myself up there now haha wohoew so an independant women now Haha me like!
Haha, I'm not sure if I want to take the risk of you driving in my beloved little town. Well, scratch the beloved.
I'm sure I'll have some interesting headphone by then.... I'm still me.
post #321 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
Don't worry... I've still got a long road ahead of me! Source, amp, cables, power conditioners... I'll think of something! And afterwards maybe speakers. To problem with speakers is that I'll need a nice spacious room for that. Housing in Rotterdam is expensive...
You can do it without the spacious room, I do it in roughly 12m^2. Works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
Done. I'll be there if you can fix the date in the weekends... And which headphone rig is that? We can easily re-create yours with my K1000. I suppose you'll still have the Aleph M and Vincent CDP, right?
I'll still have the amp and cd player, yes sir!
Unless I feel a drastic need to upgrade before then, of course.

From experience, meets need to be arranged as far ahead as possible, so I'll do a bit of thread hijacking (), how about the 7th or 8th of July?
post #322 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
Keep the RS-1 for a little while to annoy Charles...
That remark alone is worth a discount!
post #323 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmind View Post
From experience, meets need to be arranged as far ahead as possible, so I'll do a bit of thread hijacking (), how about the 7th or 8th of July?
Yes, an odd week number!

Although my Mom's birthday is the 7th …
post #324 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmind View Post
You'd be a fine owner of the RS-1! I know you loved the RS-1/Singlepower combo at the meet.
Yes, it was the best for my music. Maybe Chimpie will let me play with it for a while he's enjoying his K1K.
post #325 of 423
Thread Starter 
8 July sounds fine to me. For me not the 7th since that is a normal working day for us and I have been taking the weekends off much lately so..it would be nice if you could do it on 8.
My bf has his birthday the 1st of july so I don't know when he wants to celebrate it. But I think it is just fine.
post #326 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmind View Post
You can do it without the spacious room, I do it in roughly 12m^2. Works fine.
From experience, meets need to be arranged as far ahead as possible, so I'll do a bit of thread hijacking (), how about the 7th or 8th of July?
Yeah, but I don't even have the 12m^2... My gf made me move all audio stuff to the little study room, I was making to much mess... Too many CDs laying around... Besides, I want floor speakers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by procreate View Post
Yes, it was the best for my music. Maybe Chimpie will let me play with it for a while he's enjoying his K1K.
Hmmmm... We shall see! (This is part of the annoying-thingy...)

But seriously, if you want to you can borrow it for a while... I've got this Lite DAC-AH here as well, if someone wants to borrow it. Ain't using it anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
it would be nice if you could do it on 8.
8th of July it is!
post #327 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
Yeah, but I don't even have the 12m^2... My gf made me move all audio stuff to the little study room, I was making to much mess... Too many CDs laying around... Besides, I want floor speakers...
Oh, that's easy to solve: Clean up after yourself, dude!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
But seriously, if you want to you can borrow it for a while... I've got this Lite DAC-AH here as well, if someone wants to borrow it. Ain't using it anyways.
Cool! How do we set this up? Let's make something out of it, have dinner at least. Good excuse to visit Rotterdam with an insider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
8th of July it is!
Duly noted.
post #328 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by procreate View Post
Cool! How do we set this up? Let's make something out of it, have dinner at least. Good excuse to visit Rotterdam with an insider.
Whatever you want, buddy! I can also send it over, no problems... As long as you promise to take real good care of these beautiful cans!!! I'll be coming after you if you don't!!
post #329 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpie View Post
Whatever you want, buddy! I can also send it over, no problems... As long as you promise to take real good care of these beautiful cans!!! I'll be coming after you if you don't!!
Are you crazy? Things can get lost in the mail! I'd much rather pick it up. Say when.
post #330 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by procreate View Post
Are you crazy? Things can get lost in the mail! I'd much rather pick it up. Say when.
You should have told me that before I told Rik to send me the K1K!! Thank goodness it arrived all right...

Like I said, I've got this test coming up this Saturday. Gotta spend loads of time on it next week. Maybe sometime the week thereafter? You're free in the weekends or is during the week also okay?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: