New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mini Meet Maastricht June the 3rd 2007 - Page 19

post #271 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
I
And yes, this is a smokers-house so no probs there! It is only that there probably someone who is gonna take their little son with them and I don't think they will like it when someone smokes around their kid. But we will see when they have arrived and it is not sure the little boy is coming.
But I have a garden, a garage and a shed so it should be no problem at all.
I do need to exercise that hobby also so we will work it out!
The one with the little son is me! I'd really appreciate it if you indeed don't smoke inside when my son is in the house... I hope you don't mind...

As for the tables: we can bring a small garden-table and two "schragen".
post #272 of 423
Another Head-Fi baby? Awesome!
post #273 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen_125 View Post
The one with the little son is me! I'd really appreciate it if you indeed don't smoke inside when my son is in the house... I hope you don't mind...
I don't mind at all. I can even decide not to smoke for a while but that is going to cost you.

BTW. How old is he/ she? Old enough for his/her first own headphones?
post #274 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnOYiN View Post
I don't mind at all. I can even decide not to smoke for a while but that is going to cost you.

BTW. How old is he/ she? Old enough for his/her first own headphones?
Thanks!

I guess a son is always a boy He's almost a year now (26th of May)...
I think he doesn't care for headphones much at this age, but that should be changing soon
post #275 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen_125 View Post
The one with the little son is me! I'd really appreciate it if you indeed don't smoke inside when my son is in the house... I hope you don't mind...
I don't mind at all. I already thought of it so that is oke. I have an outside where we can smoke as much as we would care to do. Hopefully it'll be nice weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen_125 View Post
As for the tables: we can bring a small garden-table and two "schragen".
That would be very very handy indeed! Thanx for all the coorporation all of you!
post #276 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen_125 View Post
I guess a son is always a boy
Hihi HUMOR!!
post #277 of 423
Thread Starter 
Oh, and my dad let's me take his vinyl to the meet so that should be nice. Have to dig the cellar though at my parents place to bring them back to the surface haha!
post #278 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
Oh, and my dad let's me take his vinyl to the meet so that should be nice. Have to dig the cellar though at my parents place to bring them back to the surface haha!
Nice! Your dad rocks.

Any interest in decent german beers by the way? I'm sure I can bring some. I have no idea how all my stuff is going to fit in my car, but I'll figure it out.
post #279 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmind View Post
Nice! Your dad rocks.

Any interest in decent german beers by the way? I'm sure I can bring some. I have no idea how all my stuff is going to fit in my car, but I'll figure it out.
My dad rocks for sure. The most pleasant guy in the world! He gave me like 40 cd's yesterday to copy, Neil Young, CSN&Y, Roger Waters and all stuff like that. Reall Awesome!

Beer is always welcome. I will buy some also but you are free to add a little germain flavour

Good Luck with the car on the 3rd haha!
post #280 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
Good Luck with the car on the 3rd haha!
I'm wondering if my insurance covers it if I break an axle due to too much gear?
post #281 of 423
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmind View Post
I'm wondering if my insurance covers it if I break an axle due to too much gear?
Hihi, Tsja, me not know also....
Ahh, you will make it
post #282 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalmind View Post
Are there people that have some decent audiophile grade vinyl? If you do, please bring it! I'll bring all good quality vinyl I have, but unfortunatly, that's not a whole lot.
Oh, man … I have (had) a boatload of jap pressings, mfsl, etc. All in boxes somewhere. A friend of mine got some of it iirc. Whole boxes got stolen from my while I was moving years ago . I'll see if I can dig up something for you to listen to. All Jazz though. Yeah, I'm old.

EDIT: Man, just thinking about it makes me excited about vinyl again. The old, original Steps recordings, Tappan Zee records, Quincy Jones Live in Budokan (try and find that one). ECM originals, Decca recordings. Sheesh. That's worth a fortune nowadays.

EDIT2: If you like it, you should hunt down some Bob Mintzer Big Band records. They were recorded Direct-to-Disc with only two mics and the band in a circle around it. Incredible sound, dynamic as hell. Iirc the label was DMP records. Another good one is Rickie Lee Jones' Girl at her Volcano. If you don't have your needle tracking exactly right it will skip, that's how dynamic it is. It's released on an EP.

EDIT3: Found the story for you here.
post #283 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by procreate View Post
Oh, man … I have (had) a boatload of jap pressings, mfsl, etc. All in boxes somewhere. A friend of mine got some of it iirc. Whole boxes got stolen from my while I was moving years ago . I'll see if I can dig up something for you to listen to. All Jazz though. Yeah, I'm old.
That's a real shame it got stolen! I'm actually learning to like Jazz. Started with some St Germain and now moving into real Jazz. Hm, to think of it, I've been buying CD's and Vinyl like mad from all genres just lately. Where's the electronica-only-Rik from three years ago? I'll thank Head-Fi for getting rid of him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by procreate View Post
EDIT: Man, just thinking about it makes me excited about vinyl again. The old, original Steps recordings, Tappan Zee records, Quincy Jones Live in Budokan (try and find that one). ECM originals, Decca recordings. Sheesh. That's worth a fortune nowadays.

EDIT2: If you like it, you should hunt down some Bob Mintzer Big Band records. They were recorded Direct-to-Disc with only two mics and the band in a circle around it. Incredible sound, dynamic as hell. Iirc the label was DMP records. Another good one is Rickie Lee Jones' Girl at her Volcano. If you don't have your needle tracking exactly right it will skip, that's how dynamic it is. It's released on an EP.

EDIT3: Found the story for you here.

That DMPRecords story is interesting. Haven't read it completely yet (gotta run for now), but thanks for the link. I'll see if I can hunt one of their records down. I'll bob into my favorite shop in Leiden and take a look around. If anyone is ever in Leiden and ready to do some record shopping, in a side alley of the main shopping street is Plato, and across from it is this amazing tiny record store absolutely PACKED with second hand records. I've spent way too many hours in there already just browsing through records (and only recognizing about one in 10 ).
post #284 of 423
Thread Starter 
Less than 2 weeks to go....come on people with the hidden ed 9's and larocco's, don't be shy....
I kid (a little ) but I am so looking forward. If the weather stays like it is now than we will have a jollyfull day where smoking outside is no problem at all haha!
post #285 of 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrastique View Post
Less than 2 weeks to go....come on people with the hidden ed 9's and larocco's, don't be shy....
I kid (a little ) but I am so looking forward. If the weather stays like it is now than we will have a jollyfull day where smoking outside is no problem at all haha!
You know that the easiest thing to do is to buy one yourself and pay extra to get it shipped in time.

I actually started making a small list of the things I would definately like to hear at the meet and now I will have to wait and see if I can refrain from drinking too much beer on Saturday.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: