Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Stax thread (New) - Page 1602  

post #24016 of 24765

Welp, I just got around to trying the replacement transformer DigiKey sent me, and that one produced the same buzzing sound as well. Plugged in my 1.5-12v 300mA Radioshack transformer (set to 12v of course) my uncle bought for me probably 10 years ago to power a Famicom clone I had, and it works like a charm. No buzzing to report! biggrin.gif


Edited by mechgamer123 - 7/27/13 at 6:21pm
post #24017 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

 

So...what's the SR-507 then? Failure?

 

No... It's the "Ham"

post #24018 of 24765
I still really like the HD650 for rock music.

Also, what is this?
post #24019 of 24765

That is a AB cryo'd modified SR-404 Signature. 

post #24020 of 24765

I'm on the hunt for some SR-007 Mk1's but a set of the Mk2's with the upgraded Mk3 drivers are up for sale in Canada.  Is there somewhere in this crazy thread that talks about these new drivers?  Do they fix what are the general complaints about the Mk2's or do I stay on the hunt for the Mk1's?

post #24021 of 24765
gilency posted QUOTE: 'What the heck is a KGSSHV-DX ?'
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

Contact Lil Knight:D

OMFG! Figured he'd say sumpin like that.

For those who don't know, at another forum a group buy just finished that included
a newly designed mini board set for the KGSSHV.
It stands to reason that someone would coin the term 'DX' for this smaller build.
I'm sure that HeadAmp ain't got nuttin 2do wid it.
Edited by livewire - 7/27/13 at 8:24pm
post #24022 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire View Post

gilency posted QUOTE: 'What the heck is a KGSSHV-DX ?'
OMFG! Figured he'd say sumpin like that.

For those who don't know, at another forum a group buy just finished that included
a newly designed mini board set for the KGSSHV.
It stands to reason that someone would coin the term 'DX' for this smaller build.
I'm sure that HeadAmp ain't got nuttin 2do wid it.

 

You figured wrong - sorry.  Just take a look at lil knights sig - then report back..

post #24023 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

I personally find the HD600/650 (the 600 being more neutral and less dark) a good sidegrade to the Stax system up to the 404 or 507. Even spritzer likes them. For classical piano sonatas I reach for my 600 most of the time over any of my stat's. Piano strings have more body and sound more natural, the stat's on the other hand sound bit cold or fake sounding but with great extension and delivers clean passages in between different instruments.

 

For all other classical or instrumental, orchestra and large symphony works, my 202 or 600 off the SRD-7SB MK2 energizer off my 85wpc hybrid tube amp.  

 

For metal and rock, my modded FA-011's and LCD2's.

 

For vocal music, SR-5 off the SRM-1 once I get the Jfet's replaced.

 

For electronic (trance, light techno, house, progressive stuff), my 404/Lambda Pro + 323S.

 

For hardcore/darkcore industrial electronic music (basshead stuff), my modded Senn HD438

 

For drum and bass and progressive house, my Lambda Pro and Gamma Pro's

 

For transportable, SR-002 mkII off the Xh 

 

For portable, SR-002mkII + SRM-001

 

 

Occasionally I would go around and ask my mate for my Omega's and his 007mk1's to do some comparison's and such. 

 

Btw @ this link posted:

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/STAX-SRM-3-Driver-unit-/200947156029?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Amplifiers&hash=item2ec962443d&clk_rvr_id=504582014816

 

That is quite high of a price for a SRM-3 which is essentially an Xh except with a proper PSU. In fact the last SRM-3 that was sold on Yahoo Japan was sold at $140-150 once currency has been exchanged.

 



I agree with this! The HD 600 (not the HD 650) is a lovely headphone with the right amp e.g. Lake People G100 and a new cable it playes wonderfull for the price and the next step is more expensive.

 

Whats your favorite Lambda Modell? I testet many of these and here is my conclusion:

 

1. Lambda Signature or Lambda Pro (i can not decide between two L3000.gif)

2. Lambda Nova Signature

3. Lambda SR-404 Signature Limited Edition

4. Lambda SR-507

5. Lambda SR-307 Classic

6. Lambda SR-404 Signature

7. Lambda SR-303 Classic

8. Lambda SR-202 Basic

 

The best amp for me with these Lambdas is the SRM-T1 or SRM-T1S. atsmile.gif


Edited by nemomec - 7/27/13 at 10:23pm
post #24024 of 24765

7. Lambda SR-303 Classic

 

Well, that makes me feel quite bad. frown.gif

 

How come you don't like them as much?


Edited by Tus-Chan - 7/27/13 at 10:24pm
post #24025 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tus-Chan View Post

 

Well, that makes me feel quite bad. frown.gif

 

How come you don't like them as much?


They are very close to the SR-404 and a good Lambda, but the SR-404 that I have had a little more bass.

post #24026 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemomec View Post
1. Lambda Signature or Lambda Pro (i can not decide between two L3000.gif)

2. Lambda Nova Signature

3. Lambda SR-404 Signature Limited Edition

4. Lambda SR-507

5. Lambda SR-307 Classic

6. Lambda SR-404 Signature

7. Lambda SR-303 Classic

8. Lambda SR-202 Basic

 

The best amp for me with these Lambdas is the SRM-T1 or SRM-T1S. atsmile.gif

My list for the Lambda's vary a lot for the music I listen to, but if I were to categorise them in order of how well of it being an all-rounder. Includes current, owned and heard extensively models,

 

1. LNS or Lambda Pro

2. Sigma Pro

3. 404 Sig or 303 

4. 202 or Lambda or 207

5. 407 or 307 or Nova Classic

6. 507

post #24027 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

My list for the Lambda's vary a lot for the music I listen to, but if I were to categorise them in order of how well of it being an all-rounder. Includes current, owned and heard extensively models,

 

1. LNS or Lambda Pro

2. Sigma Pro

3. 404 Sig or 303 

4. 202 or Lambda or 207

5. 407 or 307 or Nova Classic

6. 507

Why are the 407/307/507 so low on the list?

 

Do you also have a list for amps?

post #24028 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Why are the 407/307/507 so low on the list?

 

Do you also have a list for amps?


Here are my owned Stax amp list with the Lambdas:

 

1. Stax SRM-T1 or Stax SRM-T1S

2. Stax SRM-323S

3. Stax SRM-1 MK2 Pro (C-Version)

4. Stax SRM-006t

5. Stax SRM-313 or 323A

6. Stax SRM-212

7. Stax SRM-252II

 

I personally found the SR-307 a little bit to aggressive but with a good bass impact. The SR-507 wasn´t neutral width good highs and good bass.


Edited by nemomec - 7/28/13 at 12:55am
post #24029 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemomec View Post


Here are my owned Stax amp list with the Lambdas:

 

1. Stax SRM-T1 or Stax SRM-T1S

2. Stax SRM-323S

3. Stax SRM-1 MK2 Pro (C-Version)

4. Stax SRM-006t

5. Stax SRM-313 or 323A

6. Stax SRM-212

7. Stax SRM-252II

 

I personally found the SR-307 a little bit to aggressive but with a good bass impact. The SR-507 wasn´t neutral width good highs and good bass.

Hmm, that gets me thinking about selling my 2050 (channel imbalance is gone...so I guess this really is a come and go thing for Stax) and getting a 4040A set.

post #24030 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

Hmm, that gets me thinking about selling my 2050 (channel imbalance is gone...so I guess this really is a come and go thing for Stax) and getting a 4040A set.

 

There's a 4040 II set on Audiogon at the moment for a decent price.  There is also.. (ahem)  a 006t and 404LE in the classifieds.

 

Sadly for me the Lambda Sig./ SRM-T1 is so highly rated as that was my first set and I sold it to "upgrade" but never really found an "upgrade" in the Lambda models yet.

I am still interested in the LNS though..  How does it compare to the Lambda Sig.?

 

But... I am excited to say I have an 007 Mk1 inbound..  Happy day.    

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax thread (New)