- 359 Posts. Joined 3/2013
- Location: Germany
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on Today at 3:20 am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1542post #23116 of 247656/23/13 at 5:13amHere in Germany a University used more than 100 Test Person with music and recording background to check weather they can didferentiate high res material vs cd quality and were amazed to find 2 that coud do it with 100 % accuracy and a handful of those whou could tell with >90% propability. Those people exist but are rare. Don't forget the test subjects were all professionals.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #23117 of 247656/23/13 at 6:16ampost #23118 of 247656/23/13 at 7:14am
How do you know? Do you have a link to a publication? I'm interested in reading more about this research.Quote:Originally Posted by cucera
Here in Germany a University used more than 100 Test Person with music and recording background to check weather they can didferentiate high res material vs cd quality and were amazed to find 2 that coud do it with 100 % accuracy and a handful of those whou could tell with >90% propability. Those people exist but are rare. Don't forget the test subjects were all professionals.post #23119 of 247656/23/13 at 7:14amQuote:Originally Posted by bearFNF
Not sure if this will ease your worry or not, but, I have had my Lambda normal bias since ?1988? or so, they have been in humid hot conditions (when I was in Houston) for the first ?ten years? or so, and in cold climate (in Northern Illinois and then in Alaska, which was also humid during the summers) and now in Minnesota, very frigid in the winter (-30F ambient) and humid in the summer, they have been sitting out on a shelf covered only with a towel for the last, oh, nine years or so here in Northern Minnesota, and they still work just fine. Also I am a dude that does not clean the dust off the shelves very often, surprise...
Hope that helps you feel a little better about the "dust" and humidity issues others have been talking about...of course as always, YMMV, IME, and YEMBDTM, etc etc....
Thanks, that does help allay my fears somewhat. I just recently (re-)learned about how electrostatic headphones actually work and can't get over how delicate they seem to be, although I've yet to read reports of failure. I'm a really cautious guy but these headphones are between one and two decades old so I can't help but feel the need to be as careful as possible.
So the SRM-T1S and SRM-T1 are pretty similar, as is (to my understanding) the SRM-006t. Where does the SRM-007t stand in all of this?post #23120 of 247656/23/13 at 7:40am
And the 006ts!! What about that one, then?
What would you do if your Stax pads were placed slightly skewed? I mean, I don't dare ripping 'em of just to place them properly (at the bottom of the driver housing there is a little less than a centimeter of gooey glue where the pad should have been, it is placed properly at the top).
Edited by davidsh - 6/23/13 at 7:46ampost #23121 of 247656/23/13 at 7:52amQuote:Originally Posted by cucera
Here in Germany a University used more than 100 Test Person with music and recording background to check weather they can didferentiate high res material vs cd quality and were amazed to find 2 that coud do it with 100 % accuracy and a handful of those whou could tell with >90% propability. Those people exist but are rare. Don't forget the test subjects were all professionals.
Anecdote powers activate!Quote:
Didn't you say you were leaving?
Edited by Beefy - 6/23/13 at 7:53ampost #23122 of 247656/23/13 at 11:55ampost #23123 of 247656/23/13 at 11:58am
Is that necessarily better? The 007t is a lot more expensive... And do you know about the 006ts? The information I can find from earlier in the thread suggest that the T1 and SRM-1 is superior or at least as good compared to the different 006/7 models. I'm just thinking that the 006ts is supposed to be an upgrade from the 006t... And 007t should be even better than both.
Edited by davidsh - 6/23/13 at 12:09pmpost #23124 of 247656/23/13 at 2:34pm
Just noticed a (very) strange thing : I can hear music when I've an unplugged Stax on my head...and touch my SRD-7/SB
Is there any electrical isolation issue with my SRD-7 ???
Edited by Ali-Pacha - 6/23/13 at 2:35pmpost #23125 of 247656/23/13 at 3:08pmpost #23126 of 247656/23/13 at 3:10pmQuote:
Yes, that's just what we need, another objective/subjective ranking system to endlessly debate about that affects all of the other objective/subjective ranking systems that we endlessly debate about...post #23127 of 247656/23/13 at 3:35pmQuote:
In all fairness, I don't actually want that. But it was a 'nicer' thing to say than "we need some people to shut up about how good they think their hearing is".post #23128 of 247656/23/13 at 3:55pmpost #23129 of 247656/23/13 at 4:03pm
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 12 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 22 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 53 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 59 seconds ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 1 minute ago
- › AKG k701 (w/ new OEM ear pads) 1 minute ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant! 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by hakushondaimao
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2