Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 6/23/16 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
Here is my short review of the HOOKA headphone hanger. Thank you to Pandora from Brainwavz for providing me with the product. This very cool headphone hanger came in a nice, small sized...
The Emotiva DC-1 Stealth DAC is frankly, an incredible value. The only other products I can think of that offers such a complete and capable skill set for such a low cost are the Koss KSC75,...
This is a very comfortable headphone (not ideally so, but close enough) and once you get used to the clap force, you barely notice it's on. The sound quality is amazing. I have compared this...
First of all, thank you to @ejong7 for arranging for me to be included in this review tour. I am in no way affiliated with Obravo or any retailer. I am head-fi hobbyist and music lover...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1490post #22336 of 247655/18/13 at 4:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22337 of 247655/18/13 at 6:31pmpost #22338 of 247655/18/13 at 10:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by rawrster
So I've decided to get a Stax rig although a "budget" amp compared to those of you with BHSE and the like. The O2 and the SRM-323S will probably be it for me unless I can find a good deal in the future when I can afford more. I just have to hope I can find an O2 in the FS for a good price from a good seller.
My best rig so far has been a HD800 rig which I'm not parting ways with but I've sold off my HE6 rig so hopefully I've made the right decision.
I went the route of building a "single rig to drive all headphones". The WA22 will drive a T1/HD800 or LCD2/3 quite well on its own with the right tubes. Then I had it modded to preamp duty to pump the signal on to a balanced integrated/power amp for earspeakers like the K1000 and HE6. After that it's a no-brainer to add a WEE energizer and my electrostatic headphone of preference to complete the circle.
It's a pretty easy template to follow, without duplicating my exact equipment choices. I think that it's beneficial to stay balanced in a chain like this to minimize the possibility of noise and crosstalk, but it probably isn't necessary. I guess my main point is this way I can roll transducers instead of rigs. I can tweak cables or swap out sources and even amplification components while keeping the rig essentially the same.
Edited by grokit - 5/18/13 at 10:10pmpost #22339 of 247655/18/13 at 10:24pm
Or you can just buy one really good speaker amp with pre-amp, build a dummy load for the amp so you can run dynamic headphones off it, while powering something more demanding such as the HE-6/K1k off speaker taps.post #22340 of 247655/18/13 at 10:30pm
I have to add a dummy load to my WA22 whenever I switch it to preamp duty. It's not the most convenient procedure (I insert a special TRS plug), but it keeps the signal pure according to Woo.post #22341 of 247655/18/13 at 11:00pmpost #22342 of 247655/19/13 at 1:00am
my #27xxx late version lambda signature have more bass than the LNS/407/507,
bass quantity is close to the lambda pro,
but I am sure they are not pro driver in sig frame, lambda pro don't use PVC dust cover.
their timbre are different too.
1.5um was mentioned in a Japanese web site:
anyway, I don't care how thick they are, only sound is important.
with the 507 leather pad, they sound even better!
I've sold all my other lambdas, because I see no reason to keep them
the lambda signature soundstage & basses are gorgeous, best vocal I've heard, best highs in Lambda family,
and they sound most realistic to me
Edited by pkshan - 5/19/13 at 1:12ampost #22343 of 247655/19/13 at 1:19ampost #22344 of 247655/19/13 at 3:04am
If they claim the drivers were changed in the early 90's then they would have used the Spirit (Pro Classic in Europe) drivers. If you have a picture then I can spot them in an instant.
I do have a set of Spirit drivers here in a SR-303 shell somewhere...post #22345 of 247655/19/13 at 3:18ampost #22346 of 247655/19/13 at 4:29ampost #22347 of 247655/19/13 at 4:59ampost #22348 of 247655/19/13 at 6:46ampost #22349 of 247655/19/13 at 7:04ampost #22350 of 247655/19/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
That's just a normal Signature driver. There is also no truth to units after 27000 being any different, I just found one in my stash with a S/N of almost 37000 and it sounds just like all my other Signatures.
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Schiit Magni 2 Uber 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 5 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! 5 minutes ago
- › In ear travel question 6 minutes ago
- › Deciding between Dt770 pro 80 ohm, Dt990 pro, ATH-M50X 7 minutes ago
- › Vape-Fi 10 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 12 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...