Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Hello out there, this is a recorder, yes, a digital recorder - not one of those midget-screen playback gimmicks. In the hands of the ambitious recording enthusiast, it turns to an universal tool,...
The new S5 from Brainwavz will certainly please most casual listeners. It's sleek design, tangle-proof flat capable, and pop-ready sound signature certainly justify it's price - not to mention...
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1490post #22336 of 247655/18/13 at 4:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22337 of 247655/18/13 at 6:31pmpost #22338 of 247655/18/13 at 10:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by rawrster
So I've decided to get a Stax rig although a "budget" amp compared to those of you with BHSE and the like. The O2 and the SRM-323S will probably be it for me unless I can find a good deal in the future when I can afford more. I just have to hope I can find an O2 in the FS for a good price from a good seller.
My best rig so far has been a HD800 rig which I'm not parting ways with but I've sold off my HE6 rig so hopefully I've made the right decision.
I went the route of building a "single rig to drive all headphones". The WA22 will drive a T1/HD800 or LCD2/3 quite well on its own with the right tubes. Then I had it modded to preamp duty to pump the signal on to a balanced integrated/power amp for earspeakers like the K1000 and HE6. After that it's a no-brainer to add a WEE energizer and my electrostatic headphone of preference to complete the circle.
It's a pretty easy template to follow, without duplicating my exact equipment choices. I think that it's beneficial to stay balanced in a chain like this to minimize the possibility of noise and crosstalk, but it probably isn't necessary. I guess my main point is this way I can roll transducers instead of rigs. I can tweak cables or swap out sources and even amplification components while keeping the rig essentially the same.
Edited by grokit - 5/18/13 at 10:10pmpost #22339 of 247655/18/13 at 10:24pm
Or you can just buy one really good speaker amp with pre-amp, build a dummy load for the amp so you can run dynamic headphones off it, while powering something more demanding such as the HE-6/K1k off speaker taps.post #22340 of 247655/18/13 at 10:30pm
I have to add a dummy load to my WA22 whenever I switch it to preamp duty. It's not the most convenient procedure (I insert a special TRS plug), but it keeps the signal pure according to Woo.post #22341 of 247655/18/13 at 11:00pmpost #22342 of 247655/19/13 at 1:00am
my #27xxx late version lambda signature have more bass than the LNS/407/507,
bass quantity is close to the lambda pro,
but I am sure they are not pro driver in sig frame, lambda pro don't use PVC dust cover.
their timbre are different too.
1.5um was mentioned in a Japanese web site:
anyway, I don't care how thick they are, only sound is important.
with the 507 leather pad, they sound even better!
I've sold all my other lambdas, because I see no reason to keep them
the lambda signature soundstage & basses are gorgeous, best vocal I've heard, best highs in Lambda family,
and they sound most realistic to me
Edited by pkshan - 5/19/13 at 1:12ampost #22343 of 247655/19/13 at 1:19ampost #22344 of 247655/19/13 at 3:04am
If they claim the drivers were changed in the early 90's then they would have used the Spirit (Pro Classic in Europe) drivers. If you have a picture then I can spot them in an instant.
I do have a set of Spirit drivers here in a SR-303 shell somewhere...post #22345 of 247655/19/13 at 3:18ampost #22346 of 247655/19/13 at 4:29ampost #22347 of 247655/19/13 at 4:59ampost #22348 of 247655/19/13 at 6:46ampost #22349 of 247655/19/13 at 7:04ampost #22350 of 247655/19/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
That's just a normal Signature driver. There is also no truth to units after 27000 being any different, I just found one in my stash with a S/N of almost 37000 and it sounds just like all my other Signatures.
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 1 minute ago
- › Why do many headphones have a treble peak? 2 minutes ago
- › Grado PS1000 with new transducers and jack 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › ALO Pan Am desktop/portable headphone amp/DAC: Impressions and Reviews 3 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)