Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 12/24/14 at 4:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1490post #22336 of 247655/18/13 at 4:28pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22337 of 247655/18/13 at 6:31pmpost #22338 of 247655/18/13 at 10:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by rawrster
So I've decided to get a Stax rig although a "budget" amp compared to those of you with BHSE and the like. The O2 and the SRM-323S will probably be it for me unless I can find a good deal in the future when I can afford more. I just have to hope I can find an O2 in the FS for a good price from a good seller.
My best rig so far has been a HD800 rig which I'm not parting ways with but I've sold off my HE6 rig so hopefully I've made the right decision.
I went the route of building a "single rig to drive all headphones". The WA22 will drive a T1/HD800 or LCD2/3 quite well on its own with the right tubes. Then I had it modded to preamp duty to pump the signal on to a balanced integrated/power amp for earspeakers like the K1000 and HE6. After that it's a no-brainer to add a WEE energizer and my electrostatic headphone of preference to complete the circle.
It's a pretty easy template to follow, without duplicating my exact equipment choices. I think that it's beneficial to stay balanced in a chain like this to minimize the possibility of noise and crosstalk, but it probably isn't necessary. I guess my main point is this way I can roll transducers instead of rigs. I can tweak cables or swap out sources and even amplification components while keeping the rig essentially the same.
Edited by grokit - 5/18/13 at 10:10pmpost #22339 of 247655/18/13 at 10:24pm
Or you can just buy one really good speaker amp with pre-amp, build a dummy load for the amp so you can run dynamic headphones off it, while powering something more demanding such as the HE-6/K1k off speaker taps.post #22340 of 247655/18/13 at 10:30pm
I have to add a dummy load to my WA22 whenever I switch it to preamp duty. It's not the most convenient procedure (I insert a special TRS plug), but it keeps the signal pure according to Woo.post #22341 of 247655/18/13 at 11:00pmpost #22342 of 247655/19/13 at 1:00am
my #27xxx late version lambda signature have more bass than the LNS/407/507,
bass quantity is close to the lambda pro,
but I am sure they are not pro driver in sig frame, lambda pro don't use PVC dust cover.
their timbre are different too.
1.5um was mentioned in a Japanese web site:
anyway, I don't care how thick they are, only sound is important.
with the 507 leather pad, they sound even better!
I've sold all my other lambdas, because I see no reason to keep them
the lambda signature soundstage & basses are gorgeous, best vocal I've heard, best highs in Lambda family,
and they sound most realistic to me
Edited by pkshan - 5/19/13 at 1:12ampost #22343 of 247655/19/13 at 1:19ampost #22344 of 247655/19/13 at 3:04am
If they claim the drivers were changed in the early 90's then they would have used the Spirit (Pro Classic in Europe) drivers. If you have a picture then I can spot them in an instant.
I do have a set of Spirit drivers here in a SR-303 shell somewhere...post #22345 of 247655/19/13 at 3:18ampost #22346 of 247655/19/13 at 4:29ampost #22347 of 247655/19/13 at 4:59ampost #22348 of 247655/19/13 at 6:46ampost #22349 of 247655/19/13 at 7:04ampost #22350 of 247655/19/13 at 12:32pmQuote:
That's just a normal Signature driver. There is also no truth to units after 27000 being any different, I just found one in my stash with a S/N of almost 37000 and it sounds just like all my other Signatures.
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 10 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 54 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 firmware 2.20 download and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Minimalist Audio Server with Android Remote Control 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Stereo Bluetooth Headset SBH80 3 minutes ago
- › Getting back into the Hobby - Looking for an amp to drive HD650 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)