- 16,263 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 6/23/16 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1473post #22081 of 247655/3/13 at 4:52pmI only borrowed the ESP950.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22082 of 247655/3/13 at 11:47pm
Lambda Pro's with SRD-7SB adapter energizer $300 - 7 hours left on ebay auction...go..go..gopost #22083 of 247655/3/13 at 11:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by DefQon
Lambda Pro's with SRD-7SB adapter energizer $300 - 7 hours left on ebay auction...go..go..go
So the buyer is supposed to use the Lambda pros on a SRD-7 with only normal bias plugs??? tried that and it sounds really, really crappost #22084 of 247655/3/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
True, but at the prices the vintage Stax Lambda's go for on ebay, gon and the F/S section here, $300-350 for the combo is a good deal.post #22085 of 247655/4/13 at 12:04ampost #22086 of 247655/4/13 at 12:33ampost #22087 of 247655/4/13 at 4:47ampost #22088 of 247655/4/13 at 4:52ampost #22089 of 247655/4/13 at 4:59ampost #22090 of 247655/4/13 at 9:42ampost #22091 of 247655/4/13 at 10:50ampost #22092 of 247655/4/13 at 10:58ampost #22093 of 247655/5/13 at 12:24am
I'm on the fence between 323 with 507 and 006 with 504, I know the lamba sound very dynamic to begin with thats why i am leaning toward 006/407. Anyone can share their thoughts? I don't want to go vintage route and much prefer new production. I am such a fan of the tube sound (clear as a bell, big layering and euphonics) Thanks a bunch.post #22094 of 247655/5/13 at 1:22am
Hmmm.... I'm thinking of replacing the coupling cap on my SRM-T1 because it has been "singing along" to the signal, for quite some time now. How do I start though? I'm a total noob at DIY although I've been keen on starting for a while now. I can get all of the tools I need from the lab I work at.
^the SRM323s is supposed to be the best mid-range Stax amp available. You're going to have to listen to them yourself to be 100% sure that its for you, of course.
Edited by Tachikoma - 5/5/13 at 1:24ampost #22095 of 247655/5/13 at 3:35am
There are no coupling caps in the SRM-T1 or any of these Stax amps. They are all fully DC coupled. Hasn't stopped people from swapping out the very good polyprop caps with V-caps or even silly stuff like the Jupiters with "tremendous results".
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 12 seconds ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 1 minute ago
- › Trinity VYRUS IEM available for pre-order now! 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd... 4 minutes ago
- › Best sub-30$ CHINESE brands EARPHONES thread- Hidden Gems, Personal... 4 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...