- 14,513 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 11/22/14 at 10:07am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Today
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Over the recent months, Creative has been bursting out some pretty nice portable gears aiming from the basic casual user all the way up to serious audiophiles. Most importantly, they are pricing...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1473post #22081 of 247655/3/13 at 4:52pmI only borrowed the ESP950.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22082 of 247655/3/13 at 11:47pm
Lambda Pro's with SRD-7SB adapter energizer $300 - 7 hours left on ebay auction...go..go..gopost #22083 of 247655/3/13 at 11:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by DefQon
Lambda Pro's with SRD-7SB adapter energizer $300 - 7 hours left on ebay auction...go..go..go
So the buyer is supposed to use the Lambda pros on a SRD-7 with only normal bias plugs??? tried that and it sounds really, really crappost #22084 of 247655/3/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
True, but at the prices the vintage Stax Lambda's go for on ebay, gon and the F/S section here, $300-350 for the combo is a good deal.post #22085 of 247655/4/13 at 12:04ampost #22086 of 247655/4/13 at 12:33ampost #22087 of 247655/4/13 at 4:47ampost #22088 of 247655/4/13 at 4:52ampost #22089 of 247655/4/13 at 4:59ampost #22090 of 247655/4/13 at 9:42ampost #22091 of 247655/4/13 at 10:50ampost #22092 of 247655/4/13 at 10:58ampost #22093 of 247655/5/13 at 12:24am
I'm on the fence between 323 with 507 and 006 with 504, I know the lamba sound very dynamic to begin with thats why i am leaning toward 006/407. Anyone can share their thoughts? I don't want to go vintage route and much prefer new production. I am such a fan of the tube sound (clear as a bell, big layering and euphonics) Thanks a bunch.post #22094 of 247655/5/13 at 1:22am
Hmmm.... I'm thinking of replacing the coupling cap on my SRM-T1 because it has been "singing along" to the signal, for quite some time now. How do I start though? I'm a total noob at DIY although I've been keen on starting for a while now. I can get all of the tools I need from the lab I work at.
^the SRM323s is supposed to be the best mid-range Stax amp available. You're going to have to listen to them yourself to be 100% sure that its for you, of course.
Edited by Tachikoma - 5/5/13 at 1:24ampost #22095 of 247655/5/13 at 3:35am
There are no coupling caps in the SRM-T1 or any of these Stax amps. They are all fully DC coupled. Hasn't stopped people from swapping out the very good polyprop caps with V-caps or even silly stuff like the Jupiters with "tremendous results".
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Over the ear IEM's that can take a beating, $100 max 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Any good home headphones for a 100$ budget? 6 minutes ago
- › Mi Piston 2.1 Parametric Equalizer/FIR (Flat Response- Bass Bump) 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 8 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears 8 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 9 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 10/15/2014:... 11 minutes ago
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)