- 14,171 Posts. Joined 3/2010
- Location: Orlando, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on Yesterday at 6:20 am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1473post #22081 of 247655/3/13 at 4:52pmI only borrowed the ESP950.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #22082 of 247655/3/13 at 11:47pm
Lambda Pro's with SRD-7SB adapter energizer $300 - 7 hours left on ebay auction...go..go..gopost #22083 of 247655/3/13 at 11:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by DefQon
Lambda Pro's with SRD-7SB adapter energizer $300 - 7 hours left on ebay auction...go..go..go
So the buyer is supposed to use the Lambda pros on a SRD-7 with only normal bias plugs??? tried that and it sounds really, really crappost #22084 of 247655/3/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
True, but at the prices the vintage Stax Lambda's go for on ebay, gon and the F/S section here, $300-350 for the combo is a good deal.post #22085 of 247655/4/13 at 12:04ampost #22086 of 247655/4/13 at 12:33ampost #22087 of 247655/4/13 at 4:47ampost #22088 of 247655/4/13 at 4:52ampost #22089 of 247655/4/13 at 4:59ampost #22090 of 247655/4/13 at 9:42ampost #22091 of 247655/4/13 at 10:50ampost #22092 of 247655/4/13 at 10:58ampost #22093 of 247655/5/13 at 12:24am
I'm on the fence between 323 with 507 and 006 with 504, I know the lamba sound very dynamic to begin with thats why i am leaning toward 006/407. Anyone can share their thoughts? I don't want to go vintage route and much prefer new production. I am such a fan of the tube sound (clear as a bell, big layering and euphonics) Thanks a bunch.post #22094 of 247655/5/13 at 1:22am
Hmmm.... I'm thinking of replacing the coupling cap on my SRM-T1 because it has been "singing along" to the signal, for quite some time now. How do I start though? I'm a total noob at DIY although I've been keen on starting for a while now. I can get all of the tools I need from the lab I work at.
^the SRM323s is supposed to be the best mid-range Stax amp available. You're going to have to listen to them yourself to be 100% sure that its for you, of course.
Edited by Tachikoma - 5/5/13 at 1:24ampost #22095 of 247655/5/13 at 3:35am
There are no coupling caps in the SRM-T1 or any of these Stax amps. They are all fully DC coupled. Hasn't stopped people from swapping out the very good polyprop caps with V-caps or even silly stuff like the Jupiters with "tremendous results".
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 44 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 1 minute ago
- › COWON X9: Micro sd card trouble 1 minute ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page latest FW download & general... 5 minutes ago
- › Hi! I'm new to this community and I would like some help on... 5 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 8 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 9 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)