Eh, it's really for my own catharsis than the hope of him changing anything (why should he care when he makes hundreds of dollars from the results of his scumbaggery?)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 12/12/14 at 10:50pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1434
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21497 of 247653/20/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
While I don't have physical evidence and with my message removed by ebay coming as seller doesn't exist, I know it's musicshen because of his feedback rating and the 2 negatives he received, location where he is located in CA which is the location Currawong posted in a thread on these boards of sellers/flippers banned to avoid. I believe takaoto also purchased his vintage Sony DR-Z5 off him as I watched the item listed on sale for months and the fact that he is the one selling the overpriced pink driver RS1's already mentioned in this thread few pages back:
And I have been following and looking at all the can's and amps his listed up for sale. I'm the perfect eBay lurker doing my duty 5 hours a day.
Even if you report his to eBay it's no point. eBay themselves are as scumbaggery and dodgy as the seller himself, because of people like musicshen, eBay can make more money. It's sad I know.
Edited by DefQon - 3/20/13 at 11:26pmpost #21498 of 247653/21/13 at 12:01am
regarding this one:
I think this is the guy I unwittingly sold my normal Bias Sigma. He is from El Cerrito, took down the previous add and now resurfaced with a new one without the SRD7. Could be wrong but doubt it.
Funny, I had it on sale here for 550.00 including a brand new SRD7, and was told 550.00 was asking too much for it and had no serious offers until he sent me a pm. Wish I would have known he was an ebayflipper.post #21499 of 247653/21/13 at 12:15amYeah that's gogators Aka: nkkuma/nkkuma1/socialscene/faithmore/leixingzhe
He sold me a pair of SR-007 that had the leather falling off in pieces and claimed they were in perfect condition. Pictures were dark and misleading. Managed to salvage a little money from him to offset the cost of new leather pieces basically taking it to near mint condition afterwards.
He was kicked out of the recent SF Bay area meet.
Edited by Maxvla - 3/21/13 at 12:16ampost #21500 of 247653/21/13 at 12:20ampost #21501 of 247653/21/13 at 12:26ampost #21502 of 247653/21/13 at 12:32ampost #21503 of 247653/21/13 at 12:37ampost #21504 of 247653/21/13 at 12:39amQuote:Gogators shows up and sneaks past the registration desk when he arrived at the meet. I followed him and ask if he wanted to check in at the front, and he said "oh, I'm not a Head-Fi member, my friend told me I could show up". At this point, I didn't know if he was Gogators or not.
Apparently CEE TEE recognized him while he was walking around the meet, and yanks him out of the listening room. He brought him to the front desk and asks him, "hey, where is your name tag?"
Gogators: "Oh, I don't have a name tag. I'm not on Head-Fi."
CEE TEE: "You sure about that? I think we printed out a name tag for you"
*CEE TEE then pulls out this tag and slaps it on Gogator's chest*
Gogators: *nervous* Oh, umm you have me confused. This is not me.
CEE TEE: You sure about that? You're not ? You're telling me you're not that guy that I saw drop off headphones at rhythmdevils's house that one time??
Gogators: Umm... uh... I don't like this anymore! *rips off name tag and storms out*
We all thought it was extra special that CEE TEE was the one who kicked him out, because anyone who has met CEE TEE will agree that he is THE friendliest, most cheerful and bubbly dude you will ever meet.post #21505 of 247653/21/13 at 12:39am
Sorry to shift gears, but a question for the experts-- Since last showing up on this thread, I've managed to shed everything and start over with a new 007A and a used 007 to go along with a 404LE and several older STAX phones. I'm still running everything through a used T1, which sounds really nice, and a Luxman DAC, which I also picked up used. I am going to upgrade the components slowly and if at all possible carefully, while putting funds aside for a 009 and more powerful amp and DAC, but I was wondering, should I be looking at one of the current STAX drivers, the 007tA or 727A to drive the 007 and 007A? The prices are so much better here in Japan, and I've found a number of them used. Will it make a big difference from the T1, or is the money better spent elsewhere? At the moment I see several used 007tAs here for about US$1,200. Thanks in advance for your thoughts--post #21506 of 247653/21/13 at 12:52ampost #21507 of 247653/21/13 at 1:20ampost #21508 of 247653/21/13 at 1:45amQuote:
Don't forget the rigid vinyl, incompressible silicone-filled earpads....
One of those "What were they thinking...?" products.post #21509 of 247653/21/13 at 2:06ampost #21510 of 247653/21/13 at 7:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Michgelsen
Important to know is that the amp has in fact only one input. This means:
- there can only be one source connected to the amp at any time.
- the switch is not an actual selector such as you would find on a preamp, or on certain Stax tube amps. It simply provides the option to use either RCA or XLR for maximum compatibility; you cannot use both at the same time.
The loop/parallel function works simply by connecting the two pairs of RCA connectors of the amp to each other. If you were to open up the amp, you would see that both terminals for each channel are soldered together (left to left, and right to right). In essence, this is nothing more than a splitter behind the casing. Here the same rule applies: there can only be one source connected at a time. It also follows that it doesn't matter to which of the two pairs that source is connected. Both pairs are connected anyway. When using a splitter it also doesn't matter which cable goes where exactly. Additionally, this 'splitter' is completely passive and therefore it works even when the amplifier is turned off.
Indeed, the only thing the RCA-XLR switch does is ground the - pin of the RCA so the amp works as it should. Same thing a RCA/XLR adapter does.Quote:
The design is a kinda cool though if not close to the Stax levels of awesome. The ESP6 being closed would have backwave issues so Koss simply grounded the - stators and only drove the + stators. Very high ratio transformers and a "regulated" bias supply (zener string). I really like the overload indicators, so bloody simple it isn't even funny.
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 28 seconds ago
- › Earwerkz Legend R vs Noble K10 Brief Review (bonus: 1964 V6S, V8;... 53 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Fidue A31s & A63 - New contenders 1 minute ago
- › X5 firmware 2.36beta--folder jump, true random shuffle, more custom... 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › Dark Voice 339 2 minutes ago
- › Audiophiles are bassheads in some degree? 2 minutes ago
- › Open air headphones alternative suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 3 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)