Eh, it's really for my own catharsis than the hope of him changing anything (why should he care when he makes hundreds of dollars from the results of his scumbaggery?)
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on Today at 5:20 am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1434
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21497 of 247653/20/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
While I don't have physical evidence and with my message removed by ebay coming as seller doesn't exist, I know it's musicshen because of his feedback rating and the 2 negatives he received, location where he is located in CA which is the location Currawong posted in a thread on these boards of sellers/flippers banned to avoid. I believe takaoto also purchased his vintage Sony DR-Z5 off him as I watched the item listed on sale for months and the fact that he is the one selling the overpriced pink driver RS1's already mentioned in this thread few pages back:
And I have been following and looking at all the can's and amps his listed up for sale. I'm the perfect eBay lurker doing my duty 5 hours a day.
Even if you report his to eBay it's no point. eBay themselves are as scumbaggery and dodgy as the seller himself, because of people like musicshen, eBay can make more money. It's sad I know.
Edited by DefQon - 3/20/13 at 11:26pmpost #21498 of 247653/21/13 at 12:01am
regarding this one:
I think this is the guy I unwittingly sold my normal Bias Sigma. He is from El Cerrito, took down the previous add and now resurfaced with a new one without the SRD7. Could be wrong but doubt it.
Funny, I had it on sale here for 550.00 including a brand new SRD7, and was told 550.00 was asking too much for it and had no serious offers until he sent me a pm. Wish I would have known he was an ebayflipper.post #21499 of 247653/21/13 at 12:15amYeah that's gogators Aka: nkkuma/nkkuma1/socialscene/faithmore/leixingzhe
He sold me a pair of SR-007 that had the leather falling off in pieces and claimed they were in perfect condition. Pictures were dark and misleading. Managed to salvage a little money from him to offset the cost of new leather pieces basically taking it to near mint condition afterwards.
He was kicked out of the recent SF Bay area meet.
Edited by Maxvla - 3/21/13 at 12:16ampost #21500 of 247653/21/13 at 12:20ampost #21501 of 247653/21/13 at 12:26ampost #21502 of 247653/21/13 at 12:32ampost #21503 of 247653/21/13 at 12:37ampost #21504 of 247653/21/13 at 12:39amQuote:Gogators shows up and sneaks past the registration desk when he arrived at the meet. I followed him and ask if he wanted to check in at the front, and he said "oh, I'm not a Head-Fi member, my friend told me I could show up". At this point, I didn't know if he was Gogators or not.
Apparently CEE TEE recognized him while he was walking around the meet, and yanks him out of the listening room. He brought him to the front desk and asks him, "hey, where is your name tag?"
Gogators: "Oh, I don't have a name tag. I'm not on Head-Fi."
CEE TEE: "You sure about that? I think we printed out a name tag for you"
*CEE TEE then pulls out this tag and slaps it on Gogator's chest*
Gogators: *nervous* Oh, umm you have me confused. This is not me.
CEE TEE: You sure about that? You're not ? You're telling me you're not that guy that I saw drop off headphones at rhythmdevils's house that one time??
Gogators: Umm... uh... I don't like this anymore! *rips off name tag and storms out*
We all thought it was extra special that CEE TEE was the one who kicked him out, because anyone who has met CEE TEE will agree that he is THE friendliest, most cheerful and bubbly dude you will ever meet.post #21505 of 247653/21/13 at 12:39am
Sorry to shift gears, but a question for the experts-- Since last showing up on this thread, I've managed to shed everything and start over with a new 007A and a used 007 to go along with a 404LE and several older STAX phones. I'm still running everything through a used T1, which sounds really nice, and a Luxman DAC, which I also picked up used. I am going to upgrade the components slowly and if at all possible carefully, while putting funds aside for a 009 and more powerful amp and DAC, but I was wondering, should I be looking at one of the current STAX drivers, the 007tA or 727A to drive the 007 and 007A? The prices are so much better here in Japan, and I've found a number of them used. Will it make a big difference from the T1, or is the money better spent elsewhere? At the moment I see several used 007tAs here for about US$1,200. Thanks in advance for your thoughts--post #21506 of 247653/21/13 at 12:52ampost #21507 of 247653/21/13 at 1:20ampost #21508 of 247653/21/13 at 1:45amQuote:
Don't forget the rigid vinyl, incompressible silicone-filled earpads....
One of those "What were they thinking...?" products.post #21509 of 247653/21/13 at 2:06ampost #21510 of 247653/21/13 at 7:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Michgelsen
Important to know is that the amp has in fact only one input. This means:
- there can only be one source connected to the amp at any time.
- the switch is not an actual selector such as you would find on a preamp, or on certain Stax tube amps. It simply provides the option to use either RCA or XLR for maximum compatibility; you cannot use both at the same time.
The loop/parallel function works simply by connecting the two pairs of RCA connectors of the amp to each other. If you were to open up the amp, you would see that both terminals for each channel are soldered together (left to left, and right to right). In essence, this is nothing more than a splitter behind the casing. Here the same rule applies: there can only be one source connected at a time. It also follows that it doesn't matter to which of the two pairs that source is connected. Both pairs are connected anyway. When using a splitter it also doesn't matter which cable goes where exactly. Additionally, this 'splitter' is completely passive and therefore it works even when the amplifier is turned off.
Indeed, the only thing the RCA-XLR switch does is ground the - pin of the RCA so the amp works as it should. Same thing a RCA/XLR adapter does.Quote:
The design is a kinda cool though if not close to the Stax levels of awesome. The ESP6 being closed would have backwave issues so Koss simply grounded the - stators and only drove the + stators. Very high ratio transformers and a "regulated" bias supply (zener string). I really like the overload indicators, so bloody simple it isn't even funny.
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M* dacs, New amp section. Coming... 2 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › Dynamic sound vs Planar Magnetic sound 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 7 minutes ago
- › Sony ZX1 8 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude