He recalled it with another Stax cable...lol
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 6/14/15 at 6:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1424post #21346 of 247653/6/13 at 6:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21347 of 247653/6/13 at 9:08pm
The change in sound from applying soldering iron heat near the drivers is probably several orders of magnitude greater than the change in cable
Same with the change in sound from a slightly different re-assembly of the headphonespost #21348 of 247653/6/13 at 11:36pmpost #21349 of 247653/7/13 at 3:45amQuote:
Now that you mention this, it's a rather scary endeavour to recable these cans! It's not like the dust screens or diaphragm are very thick. Hopefully, there was no flux in the solder mix ;)post #21350 of 247653/7/13 at 4:10amQuote:
I suggest avoiding solder altogether. He needs to weld those cables on..... inert gas welding, no less, so as not to introduce oxygen into the copper.
By soldering he has introduced tin, silver, lead and a good deal of oxygen into the joint. The oxygen will electromigrate into the copper cable, eventually reaching the amplifier and poisoning the tube cathodes and /or semiconductor junction doping.....
Edited by milosz - 3/7/13 at 4:11ampost #21351 of 247653/7/13 at 6:49amQuote:
True and if he soldered without solid covers over the entire drivers then there is a good chance flux castoff did some serious damage.post #21352 of 247653/7/13 at 6:55amQuote:
Exactly. To those of you inquiring about this, please do not pollute this thread. I beg you to start your own thread. Or go back to dynamics.post #21353 of 247653/7/13 at 7:20ampost #21354 of 247653/7/13 at 8:30amYou guys just don't get it; not surprised.
More organic sound? That is the more ignorant comment ever in this thread.
Now, go somewhere else, i.e. the magical cables thread.
I promise I won't berate you there.
Edited by gilency - 3/7/13 at 8:33ampost #21355 of 247653/7/13 at 8:53ampost #21356 of 247653/7/13 at 9:09ampost #21357 of 247653/7/13 at 10:01am
Yes. I was actually looking for the cord itself but I suppose that socket means it's a 3 prong with a generic power cord. Thanks
Woops. I guess not all amps are the same. Looking at the back of the SRM-252S I see this. I guess I'll just get a 3 prong transformer and be prepared for anything.
Edited by coredump - 3/7/13 at 10:11ampost #21358 of 247653/7/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
FWIW I was just asking for costmetic and usability standpoint. I know there probably wasnt going to be any if at all difference in sound.post #21359 of 247653/7/13 at 9:54pmQuote:
OK, I think I was drunk when I made these comments; I meant what I said about opening a new thread about cables, but it came out too rude. Sorry.
Edited by gilency - 3/7/13 at 9:55pmpost #21360 of 247653/7/13 at 10:09pm
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 16 seconds ago
- › My "all in one" auxiliary input hub replacement? 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › $2 Realtek Audio Chip = $2000 DAC! 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendations Please :)! 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha PRIME: Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 9 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 9 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)