He recalled it with another Stax cable...lol
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on Today at 1:52 am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1424post #21346 of 247653/6/13 at 6:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21347 of 247653/6/13 at 9:08pm
The change in sound from applying soldering iron heat near the drivers is probably several orders of magnitude greater than the change in cable
Same with the change in sound from a slightly different re-assembly of the headphonespost #21348 of 247653/6/13 at 11:36pmpost #21349 of 247653/7/13 at 3:45amQuote:
Now that you mention this, it's a rather scary endeavour to recable these cans! It's not like the dust screens or diaphragm are very thick. Hopefully, there was no flux in the solder mix ;)post #21350 of 247653/7/13 at 4:10amQuote:
I suggest avoiding solder altogether. He needs to weld those cables on..... inert gas welding, no less, so as not to introduce oxygen into the copper.
By soldering he has introduced tin, silver, lead and a good deal of oxygen into the joint. The oxygen will electromigrate into the copper cable, eventually reaching the amplifier and poisoning the tube cathodes and /or semiconductor junction doping.....
Edited by milosz - 3/7/13 at 4:11ampost #21351 of 247653/7/13 at 6:49amQuote:
True and if he soldered without solid covers over the entire drivers then there is a good chance flux castoff did some serious damage.post #21352 of 247653/7/13 at 6:55amQuote:
Exactly. To those of you inquiring about this, please do not pollute this thread. I beg you to start your own thread. Or go back to dynamics.post #21353 of 247653/7/13 at 7:20ampost #21354 of 247653/7/13 at 8:30amYou guys just don't get it; not surprised.
More organic sound? That is the more ignorant comment ever in this thread.
Now, go somewhere else, i.e. the magical cables thread.
I promise I won't berate you there.
Edited by gilency - 3/7/13 at 8:33ampost #21355 of 247653/7/13 at 8:53ampost #21356 of 247653/7/13 at 9:09ampost #21357 of 247653/7/13 at 10:01am
Yes. I was actually looking for the cord itself but I suppose that socket means it's a 3 prong with a generic power cord. Thanks
Woops. I guess not all amps are the same. Looking at the back of the SRM-252S I see this. I guess I'll just get a 3 prong transformer and be prepared for anything.
Edited by coredump - 3/7/13 at 10:11ampost #21358 of 247653/7/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
FWIW I was just asking for costmetic and usability standpoint. I know there probably wasnt going to be any if at all difference in sound.post #21359 of 247653/7/13 at 9:54pmQuote:
OK, I think I was drunk when I made these comments; I meant what I said about opening a new thread about cables, but it came out too rude. Sorry.
Edited by gilency - 3/7/13 at 9:55pmpost #21360 of 247653/7/13 at 10:09pm
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 11 seconds ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 34 seconds ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 1 minute ago
- › Tube rolling 1 minute ago
- › Best headphones for asus xonar essense STX? 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Fresh outta CES: The Hifiman HE-400i and HE-560 1 minute ago
- › AKG K601 vs K612 2 minutes ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 3 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude