He recalled it with another Stax cable...lol
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 9/4/14 at 3:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1424post #21346 of 247653/6/13 at 6:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21347 of 247653/6/13 at 9:08pm
The change in sound from applying soldering iron heat near the drivers is probably several orders of magnitude greater than the change in cable
Same with the change in sound from a slightly different re-assembly of the headphonespost #21348 of 247653/6/13 at 11:36pmpost #21349 of 247653/7/13 at 3:45amQuote:
Now that you mention this, it's a rather scary endeavour to recable these cans! It's not like the dust screens or diaphragm are very thick. Hopefully, there was no flux in the solder mix ;)post #21350 of 247653/7/13 at 4:10amQuote:
I suggest avoiding solder altogether. He needs to weld those cables on..... inert gas welding, no less, so as not to introduce oxygen into the copper.
By soldering he has introduced tin, silver, lead and a good deal of oxygen into the joint. The oxygen will electromigrate into the copper cable, eventually reaching the amplifier and poisoning the tube cathodes and /or semiconductor junction doping.....
Edited by milosz - 3/7/13 at 4:11ampost #21351 of 247653/7/13 at 6:49amQuote:
True and if he soldered without solid covers over the entire drivers then there is a good chance flux castoff did some serious damage.post #21352 of 247653/7/13 at 6:55amQuote:
Exactly. To those of you inquiring about this, please do not pollute this thread. I beg you to start your own thread. Or go back to dynamics.post #21353 of 247653/7/13 at 7:20ampost #21354 of 247653/7/13 at 8:30amYou guys just don't get it; not surprised.
More organic sound? That is the more ignorant comment ever in this thread.
Now, go somewhere else, i.e. the magical cables thread.
I promise I won't berate you there.
Edited by gilency - 3/7/13 at 8:33ampost #21355 of 247653/7/13 at 8:53ampost #21356 of 247653/7/13 at 9:09ampost #21357 of 247653/7/13 at 10:01am
Yes. I was actually looking for the cord itself but I suppose that socket means it's a 3 prong with a generic power cord. Thanks
Woops. I guess not all amps are the same. Looking at the back of the SRM-252S I see this. I guess I'll just get a 3 prong transformer and be prepared for anything.
Edited by coredump - 3/7/13 at 10:11ampost #21358 of 247653/7/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
FWIW I was just asking for costmetic and usability standpoint. I know there probably wasnt going to be any if at all difference in sound.post #21359 of 247653/7/13 at 9:54pmQuote:
OK, I think I was drunk when I made these comments; I meant what I said about opening a new thread about cables, but it came out too rude. Sorry.
Edited by gilency - 3/7/13 at 9:55pmpost #21360 of 247653/7/13 at 10:09pm
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 1 minute ago
- › Passive vs. active crossover 2 minutes ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › THE ACOUSTIC MUSIC THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › HD800 music, suggestions,please 5 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 6 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)