He recalled it with another Stax cable...lol
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero By NLNH around April 16th. I received...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1424post #21346 of 247653/6/13 at 6:23pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #21347 of 247653/6/13 at 9:08pm
The change in sound from applying soldering iron heat near the drivers is probably several orders of magnitude greater than the change in cable
Same with the change in sound from a slightly different re-assembly of the headphonespost #21348 of 247653/6/13 at 11:36pmpost #21349 of 247653/7/13 at 3:45amQuote:
Now that you mention this, it's a rather scary endeavour to recable these cans! It's not like the dust screens or diaphragm are very thick. Hopefully, there was no flux in the solder mix ;)post #21350 of 247653/7/13 at 4:10amQuote:
I suggest avoiding solder altogether. He needs to weld those cables on..... inert gas welding, no less, so as not to introduce oxygen into the copper.
By soldering he has introduced tin, silver, lead and a good deal of oxygen into the joint. The oxygen will electromigrate into the copper cable, eventually reaching the amplifier and poisoning the tube cathodes and /or semiconductor junction doping.....
Edited by milosz - 3/7/13 at 4:11ampost #21351 of 247653/7/13 at 6:49amQuote:
True and if he soldered without solid covers over the entire drivers then there is a good chance flux castoff did some serious damage.post #21352 of 247653/7/13 at 6:55amQuote:
Exactly. To those of you inquiring about this, please do not pollute this thread. I beg you to start your own thread. Or go back to dynamics.post #21353 of 247653/7/13 at 7:20ampost #21354 of 247653/7/13 at 8:30amYou guys just don't get it; not surprised.
More organic sound? That is the more ignorant comment ever in this thread.
Now, go somewhere else, i.e. the magical cables thread.
I promise I won't berate you there.
Edited by gilency - 3/7/13 at 8:33ampost #21355 of 247653/7/13 at 8:53ampost #21356 of 247653/7/13 at 9:09ampost #21357 of 247653/7/13 at 10:01am
Yes. I was actually looking for the cord itself but I suppose that socket means it's a 3 prong with a generic power cord. Thanks
Woops. I guess not all amps are the same. Looking at the back of the SRM-252S I see this. I guess I'll just get a 3 prong transformer and be prepared for anything.
Edited by coredump - 3/7/13 at 10:11ampost #21358 of 247653/7/13 at 4:11pmQuote:
FWIW I was just asking for costmetic and usability standpoint. I know there probably wasnt going to be any if at all difference in sound.post #21359 of 247653/7/13 at 9:54pmQuote:
OK, I think I was drunk when I made these comments; I meant what I said about opening a new thread about cables, but it came out too rude. Sorry.
Edited by gilency - 3/7/13 at 9:55pmpost #21360 of 247653/7/13 at 10:09pm
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › ATH WS99BT Discussion & Impressions 5 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-EX600: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 6 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 6 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 9 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 11 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 13 minutes ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio presents The Source AV’s Summer Series 2016 13 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...