Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Stax thread (New) - Page 1414  

post #21196 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post

 

If it's worth anything, I think my KGSSHV>modded 007A sounds great even from an iPhone. tongue.gif

Thank you for the responses; I picked up some AT audio cables and am running the STAX through my Fostex A7 DAC--the sound is better, and probably could be improved much more, but for the time being, I'm happy to be able to improve the sound with stuff I've got already, so thank you--

post #21197 of 24765

Oh god, how did Andy get out of the Member's Lounge angry_face.gif

post #21198 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-h-e-p-i-m-p View Post

Do u guys know how to remove the earpads on 009 ? And how warm should the Soldering iron be for recabling the 009's ?..

 

 

Im just trying to join the Stax mafia here cool.gif

 

I may have missed, but why are you trying to re-cable the 009s?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinker View Post

I will soon(4weeks) get this amp and test it with Stax Omega II mk1 and Stax Lambda pro and i will test it also with Sennheiser HD-800

Not sure but i heard that you can order it also with the new Jecklin Float QA connections

 

High voltage 800V for Stax

12W for other phones popcorn.gif

 

 

 

Interesting. Pity all the headphone jacks are at the back. That would be highly annoying to deal with.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALSO View Post

Does anyone have experience with the Luxman DA-100 DAC used with STAX systems?  Is this far too low grade a DAC?

 

As much as I love Luxman, I think they totally lost the plot with the DA-100 and DA-200. Two of the worst-sounding DACs I've ever tried. I honestly think that the only thing they do is make their D-0X SACD/DAC range sound good (and I don't like those either).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

[...]

 

Is it April 1st already? wink_face.gif

post #21199 of 24765

@eke2k6

 

 

 

 


Originally Posted by thinker View Post

I will soon(4weeks) get this amp and test it with Stax Omega II mk1 and Stax Lambda pro and i will test it also with Sennheiser HD-800

Not sure but i heard that you can order it also with the new Jecklin Float QA connections

 

High voltage 800V for Stax

12W for other phones popcorn.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

As for the opticals it looks interesting, but this one requires at least an extension cable to make the listening possible without giving it a kiss. By the way, what's with the switching-psu stuff?

            ▼              ▼                ▼

post #21200 of 24765

eke2k6, if it wasn't for the fact that we are (semi-)  civilised you would be taken out the back and :-

 


Edited by wink - 2/27/13 at 4:50am
post #21201 of 24765
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nemeske88 View Post

As for the opticals it looks interesting, but this one requires at least an extension cable to make the listening possible without giving it a kiss. By the way, what's with the switching-psu stuff?

            ▼              ▼                ▼

 

No way to cram a linear PSU in a chassis this small.  I do wonder how they tackled the output tube heaters though.  One supply for everything would be bad, very bad... 

post #21202 of 24765
Quote:

 

Hey, does anyone know where to get those Neutrik Stax jacks? I'm building an amp with a very thick front panel, and those look like they'd be easier to work with than the teflon jacks.

Is it even safe to use that Neutrik jack for Stax? It looks like the metal panel could easily short the pins if the anodizing gets scratched.

post #21203 of 24765
-

Edited by thinker - 3/1/13 at 9:57am
post #21204 of 24765

Yeah, the Jecklins are back.

post #21205 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by PretentiousFood View Post

 

Hey, does anyone know where to get those Neutrik Stax jacks? I'm building an amp with a very thick front panel, and those look like they'd be easier to work with than the teflon jacks.

Is it even safe to use that Neutrik jack for Stax? It looks like the metal panel could easily short the pins if the anodizing gets scratched.

 

They are probably custom made but who knows how they are constructed. 

post #21206 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by spritzer View Post

 

They are probably custom made but who knows how they are constructed. 

 

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=880821&is=REG&Q=&A=details

 

it's a blank plate and then the holes are added.  i would guess that behind it are pins mounted onto a circuit board, and the plate is just a cover.  could work fine but it's mystery plastic from China and the high voltage specifications for it are not published.

HeadAmp Audio Electronics - home of the Pico and Gilmore amps.  Now with Audeze, Fostex, HiFiMAN, Sennheiser, and STAX.
Find us at www.HeadAmp.com

post #21207 of 24765

Can we seriously stop quoting eke2k6's long post? kthnxbai

post #21208 of 24765

^^^ ditto

post #21209 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeske88 View Post
As for the opticals it looks interesting, but this one requires at least an extension cable to make the listening possible without giving it a kiss. 

Truly.  Unless you are sitting right up next to it, and it's out on a table top, this would be a perpetual pain.  It's the niggling little things that slowly destroy one ability to enjoy a piece of equipment.  BTW, how hot does this get?  If the cable/extension is routed under the unit to the front, or over the top to the front....  you see where this is going. confused_face.gif  Routing to either the left or right side will further shorten the headphone cable.

post #21210 of 24765

Does this mean that MalValve is malware?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax thread (New)