Those old out of production Grado's always cost a fair amount. From what I see those are not your normal RS1's? May be wrong.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 12/24/14 at 4:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1396post #20926 of 247652/7/13 at 7:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20927 of 247652/7/13 at 7:10pm
Since it has the wood box and the pink drivers, I'm thinking they command more than the normal RS-1's, perhaps in the $600-700 range. $1100 though? That's good condition HP1000 territory...post #20928 of 247652/7/13 at 7:15pmpost #20929 of 247652/7/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Oh man, maybe in 2009. Bad condition has been getting way more than that lately. I know one person who dropped $2800 for pristine set (unless you're talking Yammy's not Grados.)post #20930 of 247652/7/13 at 7:44pm
Tried SRD7mk2 with my Xin Supermacro3 portable headphone amp(blackgate modded,3x BUF634)
result is surprising good! It's refined and transparent,
I got even a little larger sound stage and better bass impact than my modded T1S
(T1S is more musical & warmer)
just need to turn the volume knob to 10 o'clock to get enough volume
with the SRD7mk2,the Lambdas are more efficient than AKG K340/K240s
Edited by pkshan - 2/7/13 at 8:59pmpost #20931 of 247652/7/13 at 10:45pmpost #20932 of 247652/8/13 at 2:27amQuote:
I think I know what you guys are talking about. Perhaps the Maggies would suit you for speakers. I love direct "in the face" sound with realistic impact and listen to live recordings mostly. When I close my eyes with a good recording they sound just like two stacks of a perfect PA right in front of me. OTOH solo vocalists and small acoustic bands sound a bit too big. Can't win 'em all ...
I understand the Hifiman and Audeze headphones are planarmagnetics, too. Birds of a feather so to speak.
Just ordered the leather pads for my LNS from Audiocubes. I'm intrigued.
Best regards, Jörg.post #20933 of 247652/8/13 at 3:31ampost #20934 of 247652/8/13 at 4:04ampost #20935 of 247652/8/13 at 4:59am
i know this isnt sennheiser thread but, thre are more people in this thread who care about orpheus .Quote:...found these while clearing out a attic however I have no use for such a thing and after looking on ebay . found they go for more then I was expecting .
They look immaculate in a wooden . all I've down its plug them in to see if it all still works and looks all good ....
he says thre is nothing wrong, but there might be ( cause he dint buy it, he found it in his attic )
Dont bid unless you cant check it personally. ( or you can trust some one to check it personally )post #20936 of 247652/8/13 at 5:03ampost #20937 of 247652/8/13 at 5:03ampost #20938 of 247652/8/13 at 6:09amQuote:Originally Posted by anetode
Feedback From Buyer/price Date/time GO ELSWHERE AND AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE SCAM 08-Feb-13 11:51 -- -- Private This comment has been removed by eBay. Learn more. 03-Feb-13 19:42 -- -- Private
feedback doesnt matter , it must be hand to hand deal only , as the seller himself dont know what the item should sound like ( and what the condition must be ) i woldnt have dealt with him even if feedback was 100%.post #20939 of 247652/8/13 at 6:11ampost #20940 of 247652/8/13 at 6:24am
The Stax interview and factory tour is up:
Much thanks to Scott for arranging the visit and writing questions and arnaud for all the difficult translation work.
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Do you believe BURN IN for your Audio Stuff like Headphones,... 45 seconds ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 1 minute ago
- › Suggestions for an amp please 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Geek HPA by LH Labs 3 minutes ago
- › The new IEM of Vsonic VSD 3S ( impression updated by smailbz) 3 minutes ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 3 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)