Those old out of production Grado's always cost a fair amount. From what I see those are not your normal RS1's? May be wrong.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: AUDEZ'E LCD-2 Revision 2 (6/4/13) Last post on 10/15/14 at 6:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/25/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1396post #20926 of 247652/7/13 at 7:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20927 of 247652/7/13 at 7:10pm
Since it has the wood box and the pink drivers, I'm thinking they command more than the normal RS-1's, perhaps in the $600-700 range. $1100 though? That's good condition HP1000 territory...post #20928 of 247652/7/13 at 7:15pmpost #20929 of 247652/7/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Oh man, maybe in 2009. Bad condition has been getting way more than that lately. I know one person who dropped $2800 for pristine set (unless you're talking Yammy's not Grados.)post #20930 of 247652/7/13 at 7:44pm
Tried SRD7mk2 with my Xin Supermacro3 portable headphone amp(blackgate modded,3x BUF634)
result is surprising good! It's refined and transparent,
I got even a little larger sound stage and better bass impact than my modded T1S
(T1S is more musical & warmer)
just need to turn the volume knob to 10 o'clock to get enough volume
with the SRD7mk2,the Lambdas are more efficient than AKG K340/K240s
Edited by pkshan - 2/7/13 at 8:59pmpost #20931 of 247652/7/13 at 10:45pmpost #20932 of 247652/8/13 at 2:27amQuote:
I think I know what you guys are talking about. Perhaps the Maggies would suit you for speakers. I love direct "in the face" sound with realistic impact and listen to live recordings mostly. When I close my eyes with a good recording they sound just like two stacks of a perfect PA right in front of me. OTOH solo vocalists and small acoustic bands sound a bit too big. Can't win 'em all ...
I understand the Hifiman and Audeze headphones are planarmagnetics, too. Birds of a feather so to speak.
Just ordered the leather pads for my LNS from Audiocubes. I'm intrigued.
Best regards, Jörg.post #20933 of 247652/8/13 at 3:31ampost #20934 of 247652/8/13 at 4:04ampost #20935 of 247652/8/13 at 4:59am
i know this isnt sennheiser thread but, thre are more people in this thread who care about orpheus .Quote:...found these while clearing out a attic however I have no use for such a thing and after looking on ebay . found they go for more then I was expecting .
They look immaculate in a wooden . all I've down its plug them in to see if it all still works and looks all good ....
he says thre is nothing wrong, but there might be ( cause he dint buy it, he found it in his attic )
Dont bid unless you cant check it personally. ( or you can trust some one to check it personally )post #20936 of 247652/8/13 at 5:03ampost #20937 of 247652/8/13 at 5:03ampost #20938 of 247652/8/13 at 6:09amQuote:Originally Posted by anetode
Feedback From Buyer/price Date/time GO ELSWHERE AND AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE SCAM 08-Feb-13 11:51 -- -- Private This comment has been removed by eBay. Learn more. 03-Feb-13 19:42 -- -- Private
feedback doesnt matter , it must be hand to hand deal only , as the seller himself dont know what the item should sound like ( and what the condition must be ) i woldnt have dealt with him even if feedback was 100%.post #20939 of 247652/8/13 at 6:11ampost #20940 of 247652/8/13 at 6:24am
The Stax interview and factory tour is up:
Much thanks to Scott for arranging the visit and writing questions and arnaud for all the difficult translation work.
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Tera Player Thread - impressions, opinions, reviews , SQ. 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 10 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 11 minutes ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 11 minutes ago
- › Funny comments from the forums. 13 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 14 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)