Those old out of production Grado's always cost a fair amount. From what I see those are not your normal RS1's? May be wrong.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 6/23/16 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1396post #20926 of 247652/7/13 at 7:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20927 of 247652/7/13 at 7:10pm
Since it has the wood box and the pink drivers, I'm thinking they command more than the normal RS-1's, perhaps in the $600-700 range. $1100 though? That's good condition HP1000 territory...post #20928 of 247652/7/13 at 7:15pmpost #20929 of 247652/7/13 at 7:16pmQuote:
Oh man, maybe in 2009. Bad condition has been getting way more than that lately. I know one person who dropped $2800 for pristine set (unless you're talking Yammy's not Grados.)post #20930 of 247652/7/13 at 7:44pm
Tried SRD7mk2 with my Xin Supermacro3 portable headphone amp(blackgate modded,3x BUF634)
result is surprising good! It's refined and transparent,
I got even a little larger sound stage and better bass impact than my modded T1S
(T1S is more musical & warmer)
just need to turn the volume knob to 10 o'clock to get enough volume
with the SRD7mk2,the Lambdas are more efficient than AKG K340/K240s
Edited by pkshan - 2/7/13 at 8:59pmpost #20931 of 247652/7/13 at 10:45pmpost #20932 of 247652/8/13 at 2:27amQuote:
I think I know what you guys are talking about. Perhaps the Maggies would suit you for speakers. I love direct "in the face" sound with realistic impact and listen to live recordings mostly. When I close my eyes with a good recording they sound just like two stacks of a perfect PA right in front of me. OTOH solo vocalists and small acoustic bands sound a bit too big. Can't win 'em all ...
I understand the Hifiman and Audeze headphones are planarmagnetics, too. Birds of a feather so to speak.
Just ordered the leather pads for my LNS from Audiocubes. I'm intrigued.
Best regards, Jörg.post #20933 of 247652/8/13 at 3:31ampost #20934 of 247652/8/13 at 4:04ampost #20935 of 247652/8/13 at 4:59am
i know this isnt sennheiser thread but, thre are more people in this thread who care about orpheus .Quote:...found these while clearing out a attic however I have no use for such a thing and after looking on ebay . found they go for more then I was expecting .
They look immaculate in a wooden . all I've down its plug them in to see if it all still works and looks all good ....
he says thre is nothing wrong, but there might be ( cause he dint buy it, he found it in his attic )
Dont bid unless you cant check it personally. ( or you can trust some one to check it personally )post #20936 of 247652/8/13 at 5:03ampost #20937 of 247652/8/13 at 5:03ampost #20938 of 247652/8/13 at 6:09amQuote:Originally Posted by anetode
Feedback From Buyer/price Date/time GO ELSWHERE AND AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE SCAM 08-Feb-13 11:51 -- -- Private This comment has been removed by eBay. Learn more. 03-Feb-13 19:42 -- -- Private
feedback doesnt matter , it must be hand to hand deal only , as the seller himself dont know what the item should sound like ( and what the condition must be ) i woldnt have dealt with him even if feedback was 100%.post #20939 of 247652/8/13 at 6:11ampost #20940 of 247652/8/13 at 6:24am
The Stax interview and factory tour is up:
Much thanks to Scott for arranging the visit and writing questions and arnaud for all the difficult translation work.
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 47 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Woo WA2 Tube Rolling Recommendations 4 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC/Amp 6 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...