Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax thread (New)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Stax thread (New) - Page 1362  

post #20416 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow View Post

Just a heads up for anyone in the US contemplating the SR-009... Elusive Disc is offering 10% off all orders, including Stax. Just placed my order!

Congrats!  beerchug.gif

post #20417 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by justin w. View Post

While 10% off on Stax is basically break-even, i guess I could match this if anyone is interested.

 

currently in stock:

SR-507

SR-007 MK2

SR-009

amp SRM-323S (it only comes in silver) -- only 1 in stock

amp SR-007tII (black and silver)

 

out of stock but on the way:

amp SRM-727II (black and silver)

 

code - HEADFISTAX10

Placed an order wink_face.gif

post #20418 of 24765
And further down the rabbit hole you go....

More LF owners trying some 009s. biggrin.gif
post #20419 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow View Post

Just a heads up for anyone in the US contemplating the SR-009... Elusive Disc is offering 10% off all orders, including Stax. Just placed my order!

Thx Olias!  I haven't seen a post from you since you and I switched to the Liquid Fire from the Woo clan!  Hope all is well and I still need to get a good copy of Olias!

post #20420 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

And further down the rabbit hole you go....
More LF owners trying some 009s. biggrin.gif

Indeed. The Liquid Fire is winging its way to its new owner as we speak, and a Super 7 is already heading my way next week. I'd expected to coast with BHA-1 > LCD-3 and Super 7 > HD800 for a while before making any Stax decisions, but the opportunity presented itself.
Edited by Olias of Sunhillow - 12/23/12 at 9:19pm
post #20421 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post

Thx Olias!  I haven't seen a post from you since you and I switched to the Liquid Fire from the Woo clan!  Hope all is well and I still need to get a good copy of Olias!

Thanks mate, all is well. The Liquid Fire gave me a solid year of listening enjoyment, and now it's on to the next chapter.

Olias is definitely a must have on vinyl... If for no other reason than the story doesn't make sense without the explanation and graphics on the gatefold. I'll keep an eye out for you.
post #20422 of 24765

Heck find one for me, too. :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow View Post


Thanks mate, all is well. The Liquid Fire gave me a solid year of listening enjoyment, and now it's on to the next chapter.
Olias is definitely a must have on vinyl... If for no other reason than the story doesn't make sense without the explanation and graphics on the gatefold. I'll keep an eye out for you.
post #20423 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow View Post

Just a heads up for anyone in the US contemplating the SR-009... Elusive Disc is offering 10% off all orders, including Stax. Just placed my order!

 

That's a nice deal, and it's cool that Justin is matching.  It's a bit strange that ED was refusing to give any discount on Stax during their Black Friday sale, but I have no complaints.  I got great service from Justin and I would've had to wait another month for this sale to come around.

 

I just have to avoid thinking about what I could've bought with the money I would have if I had bought my 009s from this sale.  Senn Momentums?  There's probably little point in trying to improve my portable setup, when the 009s have ruined my ability to enjoy every other headphone I own...

post #20424 of 24765

Just got a SRM-727II from Justin; shipped in record time. Great sponsor; great guy. Paring the 727 with the bang-for-buck SR-407.

Resistors for the mod are on order; even ordered a new soldering tool for the occassion (my old Weller workhorse is from the 80s...). Plan to run-in stock and then see how the mod changes things. Great that this mod is so easily reversed.

post #20425 of 24765

Pretty much...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj nellie View Post

 

That's a nice deal, and it's cool that Justin is matching.  It's a bit strange that ED was refusing to give any discount on Stax during their Black Friday sale, but I have no complaints.  I got great service from Justin and I would've had to wait another month for this sale to come around.

 

I just have to avoid thinking about what I could've bought with the money I would have if I had bought my 009s from this sale.  Senn Momentums?  There's probably little point in trying to improve my portable setup, when the 009s have ruined my ability to enjoy every other headphone I own...

post #20426 of 24765

 

 

Hi everyone,

 

Im new to this to this thread and there there seems to be lenghty!

 

I have a Stax Lambda Pro that consists of the SRM1 MK2 version A, that I had since the early 80s.

 

I have ordered 3X 450V 220uf 0.062 ohm esr Panasonic, and 50/470uf to recap.

 

Its probably been done but if someone can point me in the right direction with;

 

  • a schematic 
  • procedures to set the bias and offset
  • component values for power diodes and film caps

 

regards

 

echohifi

 

 

 

 

 

 

700

 

700

 

700

 

700

700


Edited by ecohifi - 12/24/12 at 4:06pm
post #20427 of 24765

Thanks for the double heads up on the 009. Just placed my order with Justin.

I was planning to buy an 009 very soon after listening to the 009/BHSE combo at a friend's house, the rebate just 'forced' me to act a bit faster smile.gif.

Next step is an amp upgrade (currently 007t and 323S), most likely a BHSE but I have not entirely made up my mind. What is the timeline for the currently planned BHSE build and is there any slot left?

post #20428 of 24765
post #20429 of 24765

SR-009* :D

 

Other than that, good write up. Can't say I'm surprised by your pick knowing some of your musical preferences (at least from your posts). 

 

The more I read the more I think I made the right choice with the LL. EDM, beat driven music is a lot of what I listen to. Should be getting to hear the BHSE in due time myself though. Can't wait to see what Alex has in store for us on the new model. Judging by the Liquid Glass it'll be much better built which is the only complaint I've heard from most people.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens View Post

Mele Kalikimaka and all that!

 

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/listening-great-headphone-amplifiers-and-stax-sr-900

post #20430 of 24765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olias of Sunhillow View Post

Just a heads up for anyone in the US contemplating the SR-009... Elusive Disc is offering 10% off all orders, including Stax. Just placed my order!

 

That's were I got my SR-009 and SRM-727 at, same sale last year. I like the fact they also give free shipping and are a STAX Authorized Web Dealer.

 

There web store front said they are out of the SRM-727 in black, about two hours after I placed my order they called me and said they had found a SRM-727 black and they shipped that the same day.with my SR-009s and 009 extension cord. 

 

Marry Christmas to all.

 

ss


Edited by sillysally - 12/25/12 at 6:56pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Stax thread (New)