Thanks! ! 1.7V it is.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 2/19/15 at 7:12am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 5/6/15 at 9:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1338post #20056 of 2476511/12/12 at 10:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20057 of 2476511/12/12 at 11:16ampost #20058 of 2476511/12/12 at 3:19pmpost #20059 of 2476511/12/12 at 4:38pmQuote:
I, too, would like to hear some opinions re: this.
And, more generally, I'd be curious what the Stax Mafia dons think of the Woo electrostatic gear vs. regular Stax amps and vs the 'exotics' i.e., Blue Hawaii, DIY T2, KGSS, KGSSHV etcpost #20060 of 2476511/12/12 at 4:57pm
I bought a 009. It's coming this week.
For now all I have is a GES. Already have ordered a BHSE, but it should take a long time.
Should I get me a 727? Is it better to drive the 009 than GES?post #20061 of 2476511/12/12 at 5:14pm
In this thread you'll most likely hear a lot more votes for the 727, but there's a few Head-fiers that really like their GES/009 combos.
EDIT: That being said I'd probably still go 727.post #20062 of 2476511/12/12 at 5:40pmQuote:
The SR009/727II combo is simply fantastic! Enough to dethrone my LCD-3/LF combo. Plenty of head room and they play really well together too. That said, I may pick up a new LL or BSHE in the spring when the next version is released.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 11/12/12 at 5:44pmpost #20063 of 2476511/12/12 at 5:53pm
It's be nice to hear what you think about the upgrade amps. I've still never heard a Stax amp with my 009s. I'm spoiled as I went straight to the LL. I listened as a combo and bought as a combo.
Can't compare, but I can say the combo itself sounds amazing.post #20064 of 2476511/13/12 at 7:10am
For those of us light on the tech-skillz but who are are still feeling like prying in and making sure their SRM-323s (and A/II previously, and 313 and 252 units i assume) bias supply is on-spot, among other things, Well the short answer is (courtesy of spritzer): "bias supply is just a voltage doubler with a bit shaven off in a divider it can only output 2*Vdc+ or not function at all". So if the amp's outputting signal then the Bias has to be correct. Now If your DMM has a true 10M input impedance then you can measure the last small film capacitor just before the brown 4.7M resitor (with the Chassis as ground), It shuld read ~330Vdc, so by 2*Vdc and a some shaved off by the bias restor it lands squarely at the 580V mark. That's it.post #20065 of 2476511/13/12 at 9:33ampost #20066 of 2476511/13/12 at 10:19am
Need you guys' opinion. Thinking about picking up a 3/4/507 + 323S to begin my foray into stats, and work up. However, my main rig is a TH900 + Liquid fire. Is my proposed beginner Stax rig going to be a cool compliment? Or a complete waste of time? Should I just wait and skip the Stax journey by going 009 when the funds allow?post #20067 of 2476511/13/12 at 10:24am
You've heard the 009 so you know what it sounds like compared to your TH900.
That being said I quite liked the 404LE I heard in Dallas a month ago. The main thing you'll notice on even the 'lower' end stats is the speed vs the TH900. It's not subtle.
I'd say just go for the 009 when you can. MH bought 'em blind and loves them. You officially have more experience with them that he did. lolQuote:Originally Posted by SoundFreaq
Need you guys' opinion. Thinking about picking up a 3/4/507 + 323S to begin my foray into stats, and work up. However, my main rig is a TH900 + Liquid fire. Is my proposed beginner Stax rig going to be a cool compliment? Or a complete waste of time? Should I just wait and skip the Stax journey by going 009 when the funds allow?post #20068 of 2476511/13/12 at 10:43am
Ha indeed! I was just hoping that Stax speed and soundstage would be better for stuff like chamber music even at the lower Stax range. But it seems like I'd be going backward to a certain extent.post #20069 of 2476511/13/12 at 12:08pmQuote:
I really enjoyed my 404LEs . . . until I got the 009s. If you already know what the 009s sound like, you'll be disappointed with the excellent sound of the 404LEs.post #20070 of 2476511/13/12 at 1:21pmQuote:
I have to agree. I brought my 404LEs to the NJ/NY meet two years ago and listened to Alison Krauss ('down to the river') on Woo amp with my 404LE and 009.
The 009 were so staggeringly good that I was going around pulling people over saying, "you have to listen to this".
Of course, the cost/benefit ratio is a personal thing, but I was hooked. Fortunately I've been able to sell some of my old stuff and paritially offset the staggeringly high cost of the 009...................but boy am I enjoying them..................it would be very hard to go back, but until I heard the 009 I was quite happy and didn't know what I was missing.
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 27 seconds ago
- › Help Switching Computer Audio between a Speaker Amp and... 33 seconds ago
- › Tropical climate? 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 2 minutes ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 -- Titanium-Coated Diaphragm "Half In-Ear" Earphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2