Thanks! ! 1.7V it is.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
MrSpeakers Alpha Dog: A reference class Dog Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Alpha Dogs ($499USD, discontinued) with my own money after doing my own research and thus this is my...
Hi everyone, Before I start the review, I would like to thank Campfire Audio for making this awesome IEM, and also to d marc0 for inviting me in the tour. INTRODUCTION I'm an Indonesian...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION This is going to be a long review – I'll get that out up front. My time with the U6 has been a...
DOI: I don't get to listen to new gear a lot so I may not be any use at answering questions about comparisons to anything other than my own stuff (which may or may not be considered esoteric). I...
Just on sound quality, meh. It's very quiet, and detailed, but on my main headphones, AKG K712, the mid-treble balance is just too bright. The bass is nice and deep and honest, and midrange is OK,...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1338post #20056 of 2476511/12/12 at 10:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #20057 of 2476511/12/12 at 11:16ampost #20058 of 2476511/12/12 at 3:19pmpost #20059 of 2476511/12/12 at 4:38pmQuote:
I, too, would like to hear some opinions re: this.
And, more generally, I'd be curious what the Stax Mafia dons think of the Woo electrostatic gear vs. regular Stax amps and vs the 'exotics' i.e., Blue Hawaii, DIY T2, KGSS, KGSSHV etcpost #20060 of 2476511/12/12 at 4:57pm
I bought a 009. It's coming this week.
For now all I have is a GES. Already have ordered a BHSE, but it should take a long time.
Should I get me a 727? Is it better to drive the 009 than GES?post #20061 of 2476511/12/12 at 5:14pm
In this thread you'll most likely hear a lot more votes for the 727, but there's a few Head-fiers that really like their GES/009 combos.
EDIT: That being said I'd probably still go 727.post #20062 of 2476511/12/12 at 5:40pmQuote:
The SR009/727II combo is simply fantastic! Enough to dethrone my LCD-3/LF combo. Plenty of head room and they play really well together too. That said, I may pick up a new LL or BSHE in the spring when the next version is released.
Edited by MacedonianHero - 11/12/12 at 5:44pmpost #20063 of 2476511/12/12 at 5:53pm
It's be nice to hear what you think about the upgrade amps. I've still never heard a Stax amp with my 009s. I'm spoiled as I went straight to the LL. I listened as a combo and bought as a combo.
Can't compare, but I can say the combo itself sounds amazing.post #20064 of 2476511/13/12 at 7:10am
For those of us light on the tech-skillz but who are are still feeling like prying in and making sure their SRM-323s (and A/II previously, and 313 and 252 units i assume) bias supply is on-spot, among other things, Well the short answer is (courtesy of spritzer): "bias supply is just a voltage doubler with a bit shaven off in a divider it can only output 2*Vdc+ or not function at all". So if the amp's outputting signal then the Bias has to be correct. Now If your DMM has a true 10M input impedance then you can measure the last small film capacitor just before the brown 4.7M resitor (with the Chassis as ground), It shuld read ~330Vdc, so by 2*Vdc and a some shaved off by the bias restor it lands squarely at the 580V mark. That's it.post #20065 of 2476511/13/12 at 9:33ampost #20066 of 2476511/13/12 at 10:19am
Need you guys' opinion. Thinking about picking up a 3/4/507 + 323S to begin my foray into stats, and work up. However, my main rig is a TH900 + Liquid fire. Is my proposed beginner Stax rig going to be a cool compliment? Or a complete waste of time? Should I just wait and skip the Stax journey by going 009 when the funds allow?post #20067 of 2476511/13/12 at 10:24am
You've heard the 009 so you know what it sounds like compared to your TH900.
That being said I quite liked the 404LE I heard in Dallas a month ago. The main thing you'll notice on even the 'lower' end stats is the speed vs the TH900. It's not subtle.
I'd say just go for the 009 when you can. MH bought 'em blind and loves them. You officially have more experience with them that he did. lolQuote:Originally Posted by SoundFreaq
Need you guys' opinion. Thinking about picking up a 3/4/507 + 323S to begin my foray into stats, and work up. However, my main rig is a TH900 + Liquid fire. Is my proposed beginner Stax rig going to be a cool compliment? Or a complete waste of time? Should I just wait and skip the Stax journey by going 009 when the funds allow?post #20068 of 2476511/13/12 at 10:43am
Ha indeed! I was just hoping that Stax speed and soundstage would be better for stuff like chamber music even at the lower Stax range. But it seems like I'd be going backward to a certain extent.post #20069 of 2476511/13/12 at 12:08pmQuote:
I really enjoyed my 404LEs . . . until I got the 009s. If you already know what the 009s sound like, you'll be disappointed with the excellent sound of the 404LEs.post #20070 of 2476511/13/12 at 1:21pmQuote:
I have to agree. I brought my 404LEs to the NJ/NY meet two years ago and listened to Alison Krauss ('down to the river') on Woo amp with my 404LE and 009.
The 009 were so staggeringly good that I was going around pulling people over saying, "you have to listen to this".
Of course, the cost/benefit ratio is a personal thing, but I was hooked. Fortunately I've been able to sell some of my old stuff and paritially offset the staggeringly high cost of the 009...................but boy am I enjoying them..................it would be very hard to go back, but until I heard the 009 I was quite happy and didn't know what I was missing.
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 8 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 44 seconds ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 55 seconds ago
- › On a mission to like jazz 1 minute ago
- › Are the Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 earcups large enough? 1 minute ago
- › Onkyo E900M 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 2 minutes ago
- › Albuquerque April 2016 meet impressions 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by k4rstar
- › Campfire Audio Orion by emptymt
- › 64 Audio (1964 Ears) ADEL U6 by Brooko
- › Sennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphones by Docjitters
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by eriksq
- › MusicMaker TK13 by Paulpark222
- › Philips SHP9500 by Mosauwer
- › MEE Audio RX18 Comfort-Fit In-Ear Headphones with Enhanced Bass... by peter123
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Aornic
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Dobrescu George
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse