I would also like to share a positive Stax experience. I sent an email to Yama's on Saturday and they replied on Monday . Further, they are sending a replacement part for my 009, which someone broke at the recent LA meet and did not say anything, at no charge.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 6/23/16 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 9/20/16 at 11:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR-2 DAP Review And Impressions - Expatinjapan Head Pie Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1287post #19291 of 247658/28/12 at 2:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19292 of 247658/28/12 at 2:57pmpost #19293 of 247658/28/12 at 3:01pmpost #19294 of 247658/28/12 at 3:04pmQuote:
I realise this.
Point being made is that there is more than one Stax.
Needless to say, I prefer the Japanese rendition.
I guess that is the way it stax up.post #19295 of 247658/28/12 at 5:39pmpost #19296 of 247658/28/12 at 6:57pm
I think Arthur Conley made the sweetest soul music.
His label Atlantic originally distributed the Stax label.
I still prefer my Stax headphones over Otis and Issac.
Ask me to pick between the SR007 Mk1 and Isaac, and Isaac gets the Shaft.post #19297 of 247658/28/12 at 7:28pmpost #19298 of 247658/29/12 at 3:25am
Hey Livewire- no I have one customized which really doesn't sound that good and one normal or regular one. The regular one sounds great with my Sigma non pros. The Customized one sounds terrible. The little label says " Improved Model Stax Industries Tokyo Japan."
I have also noticed that the price for the customized model is significantly higher. Is there anyone out there in Headfi land that has a really good sound one? Maybe I have to let the thing warm up for a couple of hours to enjoy it's benefits. As it stands now, I just don't get it.post #19299 of 247658/29/12 at 7:00amQuote:
That one does sound amazing and very different from the K216 version. It made some Exstata owners very unhappy at CanJam '10 and Stax later took the same PCB and used it in the SRM-3 amp with a larger PSU and some part changes.Quote:
It is the same amp but with aftermarket mod to populate the bias supply as it was empty when this amp shipped. I'm guessing the S/N matches that of the SR-80Pro set which was sold with this amp as none of the small amps I've owned have a S/N anywhere close to that.post #19300 of 247658/29/12 at 11:16am
my SRA12S was overhauled by the German stax distributor.
At that time it was much better than a SRM 1 Mk2 I had then.
They swapped caps...
I won't sell mine because it has a good phono section and just works.....
It's here next to my computer, when I need to record some LPs to have them on the computer.
post #19301 of 247658/29/12 at 11:17ampost #19302 of 247658/29/12 at 12:50pmQuote:
Very interesting. I wonder who populated the bias supply then, since the previous owner had allegedly bought the set from a quality store.
I now have an SR-323 to drive the SR-202 and SR-407 I have. Lovely piece of kit, it's better than the Xs, just not sure how much yet.
Thanks mate :D.post #19303 of 247658/30/12 at 2:37ampost #19304 of 247658/30/12 at 3:39am
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 19 seconds ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 24 seconds ago
- › Why does my vinyl sound bad? 34 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 41 seconds ago
- › Stuck, HD599 vs HD598 vs HD600 vs HD650 vs AKG K712PRO vs... 42 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › LH Labs Geek Out V2+ by peter123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...