I would also like to share a positive Stax experience. I sent an email to Yama's on Saturday and they replied on Monday . Further, they are sending a replacement part for my 009, which someone broke at the recent LA meet and did not say anything, at no charge.
Recent Images In This Thread
- itemStax 4070 Electrostatic Closed Monitor Earspeakers
- itemSTAX SIGMA
- itemStax SR 007 Mk2
- itemStax SR 007 Omega II Open Back Electrostatic Earspeaker
- itemStax SR 009 Electrostatic Headphones
- itemStax SR 40
- itemStax SR 404 Signature Open Back Electrostatic Earspeaker
- itemStax SRM 1 MK2
- itemStax SRM 313
- itemStax SRM 717
- itemStax SRM T1W Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier
Related Forum Threads
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 4/5/13 at 5:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Battle Of The Flagships (57 Headphones Compared) UPDATE: Ultimate Ears UERM added (4/14/13) Last post on Today at 7:49 am in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
- Next Step in the Headphone Journey? Last post on 7/4/12 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The One Headphone you would take if you were stuck on an island (not limited to Audeze) :) Last post on 3/8/13 at 3:50am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
Related Head Gear
My opinions Sound The sound produced by the HD558 is rich, a bit light, and isn't bloated with bass which is a good thing. It has a crisp treble and punchy bass, very great...
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the RE-400. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The RE-400...
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1287
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I realise this.
Point being made is that there is more than one Stax.
Needless to say, I prefer the Japanese rendition.
I guess that is the way it stax up.
Otis Redding and Isaac Hayes might disagree.
Hey Livewire- no I have one customized which really doesn't sound that good and one normal or regular one. The regular one sounds great with my Sigma non pros. The Customized one sounds terrible. The little label says " Improved Model Stax Industries Tokyo Japan."
I have also noticed that the price for the customized model is significantly higher. Is there anyone out there in Headfi land that has a really good sound one? Maybe I have to let the thing warm up for a couple of hours to enjoy it's benefits. As it stands now, I just don't get it.
That one does sound amazing and very different from the K216 version. It made some Exstata owners very unhappy at CanJam '10 and Stax later took the same PCB and used it in the SRM-3 amp with a larger PSU and some part changes.
It is the same amp but with aftermarket mod to populate the bias supply as it was empty when this amp shipped. I'm guessing the S/N matches that of the SR-80Pro set which was sold with this amp as none of the small amps I've owned have a S/N anywhere close to that.
my SRA12S was overhauled by the German stax distributor.
At that time it was much better than a SRM 1 Mk2 I had then.
They swapped caps...
I won't sell mine because it has a good phono section and just works.....
It's here next to my computer, when I need to record some LPs to have them on the computer.
Very interesting. I wonder who populated the bias supply then, since the previous owner had allegedly bought the set from a quality store.
I now have an SR-323 to drive the SR-202 and SR-407 I have. Lovely piece of kit, it's better than the Xs, just not sure how much yet.
Thanks mate :D.
- The Stax thread (New)
- › Sennheiser HD650 [Worldwide] 4 seconds ago
- › portable amp under 100 $ 13 seconds ago
- › ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ i.e. Don't start a... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Owner's Club / Appreciation /... 2 minutes ago
- › Harmon Kardon 254 vs odac/bottlehead crack 3 minutes ago
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X3 Thread. Full review:... 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › NEW - Schiit Asgard 2 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDR-MA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Logitech Speaker System Z623 by D3Seeker
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe