I would also like to share a positive Stax experience. I sent an email to Yama's on Saturday and they replied on Monday . Further, they are sending a replacement part for my 009, which someone broke at the recent LA meet and did not say anything, at no charge.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on 6/23/16 at 3:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 9/30/16 at 11:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
Hifiman Supermini and Megamini – initial impressions / comparison I first heard the Hifiman Supermini in demo unit form at the Canjam London 2016, and while being impressed by the fact...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi Audio for the loan unit for review, I have been using it for about 3 weeks and as always I will try to write an honest review. Gear Used: Dell XPS 15 /...
I bought these back in 2000 for full retail, which was a lot of money for me at the time. I got to A/B these at a hi-fi shop using my reference CD. I listened to the HD600 and the HD590. I...
Acknowledgment Thank you HiFiMAN for providing this review unit on loan in exchange for my honest opinion.Introduction HiFiMAN has been around a long time now. They’ve gone from bargain OEM...
INTRO:- Shozy, A brand that hails from HongKong, going strong since 2012, better known for their amplifiers, DAPs and DACs has the mighty popular Shozy Alien that looks, sounds and...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1287post #19291 of 247658/28/12 at 2:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19292 of 247658/28/12 at 2:57pmpost #19293 of 247658/28/12 at 3:01pmpost #19294 of 247658/28/12 at 3:04pmQuote:
I realise this.
Point being made is that there is more than one Stax.
Needless to say, I prefer the Japanese rendition.
I guess that is the way it stax up.post #19295 of 247658/28/12 at 5:39pmpost #19296 of 247658/28/12 at 6:57pm
I think Arthur Conley made the sweetest soul music.
His label Atlantic originally distributed the Stax label.
I still prefer my Stax headphones over Otis and Issac.
Ask me to pick between the SR007 Mk1 and Isaac, and Isaac gets the Shaft.post #19297 of 247658/28/12 at 7:28pmpost #19298 of 247658/29/12 at 3:25am
Hey Livewire- no I have one customized which really doesn't sound that good and one normal or regular one. The regular one sounds great with my Sigma non pros. The Customized one sounds terrible. The little label says " Improved Model Stax Industries Tokyo Japan."
I have also noticed that the price for the customized model is significantly higher. Is there anyone out there in Headfi land that has a really good sound one? Maybe I have to let the thing warm up for a couple of hours to enjoy it's benefits. As it stands now, I just don't get it.post #19299 of 247658/29/12 at 7:00amQuote:
That one does sound amazing and very different from the K216 version. It made some Exstata owners very unhappy at CanJam '10 and Stax later took the same PCB and used it in the SRM-3 amp with a larger PSU and some part changes.Quote:
It is the same amp but with aftermarket mod to populate the bias supply as it was empty when this amp shipped. I'm guessing the S/N matches that of the SR-80Pro set which was sold with this amp as none of the small amps I've owned have a S/N anywhere close to that.post #19300 of 247658/29/12 at 11:16am
my SRA12S was overhauled by the German stax distributor.
At that time it was much better than a SRM 1 Mk2 I had then.
They swapped caps...
I won't sell mine because it has a good phono section and just works.....
It's here next to my computer, when I need to record some LPs to have them on the computer.
post #19301 of 247658/29/12 at 11:17ampost #19302 of 247658/29/12 at 12:50pmQuote:
Very interesting. I wonder who populated the bias supply then, since the previous owner had allegedly bought the set from a quality store.
I now have an SR-323 to drive the SR-202 and SR-407 I have. Lovely piece of kit, it's better than the Xs, just not sure how much yet.
Thanks mate :D.post #19303 of 247658/30/12 at 2:37ampost #19304 of 247658/30/12 at 3:39am
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › New Member Introductions thread just now
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 12 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 28 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 28 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 38 seconds ago
- › Music City Meet, 6th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2016 (October... 1 minute ago
- › Sony HAP-Z1ES. New High-Res Streamer/Music Server from Sony 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 4 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by Jackpot77
- › iFi Pro iCAN by ostewart
- › Sennheiser HD 590 Headphones by aafanatic
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by glassmonkey
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by suman134
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by ph0n6
- › Soundaware Esther by Fabaaroan
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by pkshiu
- › iBasso IT03 by sonickarma
- › Jomo Audio Samba Pro CIEM by sonickarma
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...