I would also like to share a positive Stax experience. I sent an email to Yama's on Saturday and they replied on Monday . Further, they are sending a replacement part for my 009, which someone broke at the recent LA meet and did not say anything, at no charge.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandStaxtagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax 4070 electrostatic closed monitor earspeakerstagged by System, 5/24/10
- productSTAX SIGMAtagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-007 Mk2tagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-007 "Omega II" Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-009 Electrostatic Headphonestagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-40tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SR-404 Signature Open-Back Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by System, 5/24/10
- productStax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeakertagged by SBranson, 7/6/13
- productStax SRM-1/MK2tagged by System, 5/24/10More
- productStax SRM-313tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-717tagged by System, 12/3/11
- productStax SRM-T1W vacuum tube headphone amplifiertagged by System, 5/24/10
Related Forum Threads
- What would you say are the best 3 IEM's out in the market now ? Last post on 1/17/16 at 3:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Is it time for Stax? Last post on Yesterday at 3:28 am in Headphones (full-size)
- 1000-1500$ amp for Stax SR-009? Last post on 11/11/12 at 6:45pm in High-end Audio Forum
- Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) Last post on 4/16/16 at 3:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SR-007 - will it work ok from an SRM-313?? Last post on 10/8/12 at 6:46am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3Last edited: 1/18/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/4/15
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Hello Fellow Headfiers, I own this DAC for atleast 7 months now and so I thought I would make a review cuz I'm planning to sell this :) (which I'll tell you why at the end of this review). I...
The Stax thread (New) - Page 1287post #19291 of 247658/28/12 at 2:33pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #19292 of 247658/28/12 at 2:57pmpost #19293 of 247658/28/12 at 3:01pmpost #19294 of 247658/28/12 at 3:04pmQuote:
I realise this.
Point being made is that there is more than one Stax.
Needless to say, I prefer the Japanese rendition.
I guess that is the way it stax up.post #19295 of 247658/28/12 at 5:39pmpost #19296 of 247658/28/12 at 6:57pm
I think Arthur Conley made the sweetest soul music.
His label Atlantic originally distributed the Stax label.
I still prefer my Stax headphones over Otis and Issac.
Ask me to pick between the SR007 Mk1 and Isaac, and Isaac gets the Shaft.post #19297 of 247658/28/12 at 7:28pmpost #19298 of 247658/29/12 at 3:25am
Hey Livewire- no I have one customized which really doesn't sound that good and one normal or regular one. The regular one sounds great with my Sigma non pros. The Customized one sounds terrible. The little label says " Improved Model Stax Industries Tokyo Japan."
I have also noticed that the price for the customized model is significantly higher. Is there anyone out there in Headfi land that has a really good sound one? Maybe I have to let the thing warm up for a couple of hours to enjoy it's benefits. As it stands now, I just don't get it.post #19299 of 247658/29/12 at 7:00amQuote:
That one does sound amazing and very different from the K216 version. It made some Exstata owners very unhappy at CanJam '10 and Stax later took the same PCB and used it in the SRM-3 amp with a larger PSU and some part changes.Quote:
It is the same amp but with aftermarket mod to populate the bias supply as it was empty when this amp shipped. I'm guessing the S/N matches that of the SR-80Pro set which was sold with this amp as none of the small amps I've owned have a S/N anywhere close to that.post #19300 of 247658/29/12 at 11:16am
my SRA12S was overhauled by the German stax distributor.
At that time it was much better than a SRM 1 Mk2 I had then.
They swapped caps...
I won't sell mine because it has a good phono section and just works.....
It's here next to my computer, when I need to record some LPs to have them on the computer.
post #19301 of 247658/29/12 at 11:17ampost #19302 of 247658/29/12 at 12:50pmQuote:
Very interesting. I wonder who populated the bias supply then, since the previous owner had allegedly bought the set from a quality store.
I now have an SR-323 to drive the SR-202 and SR-407 I have. Lovely piece of kit, it's better than the Xs, just not sure how much yet.
Thanks mate :D.post #19303 of 247658/30/12 at 2:37ampost #19304 of 247658/30/12 at 3:39am
This thread is locked
- The Stax thread (New)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Review: CEntrance DACport Slim DAC/Amp Combo 2 minutes ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 4 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › Fostex x Massdrop TH-X00 Review 12 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 14 minutes ago
- › Cayin iHA-6 - the new "affordable reference" class balanced desktop... 15 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by flinkenick
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...