- 12 Posts. Joined 12/2007
- Select All Posts By This User
- brandBenchmarktagged by System, 6/24/10
- productBenchmark - DAC-1 Blacktagged by System, 6/24/10
- productBenchmark - DAC-1 -HDR - Preamplifier / DAC / Headphone Amp SILVERtagged by System, 6/24/10
- productBenchmark - DAC-1 PRE - Preamplifier / DAC / Headphone Amptagged by System, 6/24/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 6/25/10
- topicUsb Audiotagged by System, 6/25/10
Related Forum Threads
- Is there a better DAC/Headphone amp than the benchmark DAC1 for $USD1000? Last post on 1/15/13 at 1:00pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Want to improve audio quality! Last post on 6/30/10 at 8:36pm in Computer Audio
- Hotrodding the X-Fi: A Layman's Guide (No 56k) Last post on 1/6/16 at 3:26pm in Computer Audio
- Benchmark DAC1 vs Firestone Audio Fubar IV Plus DAC - Headphone Amplifier Last post on 8/3/10 at 1:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Do i need a USB DAC Last post on 7/27/10 at 2:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
This is a report about a new IEM from Brainwavz. The B100 Specifications: Drivers : Single Balanced Armature Rated Impedance : 50 Ω Frequency Range : 15 Hz ~ 22...
A little bit about me: So I am Neil. a normal music loving lad who works here in Japan. I commute everyday, and I am always searching for the best value for my music needs. I currently use the...
I tested these headphones and was not very impressed with them. The price was very high for a used pair of headphones and it did not seem to compete well with other brands at lower price points....
[[SPOILER]] Disclaimer: The CL1 were provided to me as a part of the North American Review Tour by RHA. I have been given 10 days to listen to and then write a review where I will pass them along...
SPECS: No written spec was found for the UMI-BTA9 WHERE TO BUY / COST: http://amzn.to/2h6jhkA $69.99 new ( often heavily discounted down to $25 or less ) OVERVIEW Happy...
Benchmark DAC1 now available with USB - Page 203post #3031 of 30571/4/13 at 9:31pmFollowing your idea I found the halide design usb/spdif converter, I never knew they had designed these, although this one doesn't split into two channels, still, very useful, thanks.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3032 of 30571/4/13 at 10:01pmpost #3033 of 30571/7/13 at 5:16pm
You could also just buy y splitters if you don't want to use RCA and XLR outputs. I have used these in the past, though I don;t recall them costing this much:post #3034 of 30574/23/13 at 5:42ampost #3035 of 30572/17/15 at 11:57pmHello guys,
I'm trying to buy a used DAC1 USB.
Does it still worth buying after all these years?
Its used price is now only $450.
Should I buy iDSD Micro instead?
I'm interested in DAC1 mainly because I love the sound of DAC2 HGC. Some people have mentioned that DAC1 is slightly worse than DAC2 but it's still amazing.
I'm looking for the best sound quality at affordable price.
Please tell me your opinion. I use Shure's SRH1840.
I'm using Geek Out 1000 as a main DAC.post #3036 of 30572/18/15 at 12:25amDac1 is audibly transparent just like the dac2 so it will sound the same. the only difference is the specs , obviously the dac2 is better on paper but you will not hear the difference .
Edit : the headphone amp section is identical on both .post #3037 of 30572/18/15 at 12:27amQuote:
Thanks for confirming this, I will get a used unit soon.
Can you play DSD files through DAC1?
I think DoP may work?post #3038 of 30572/18/15 at 12:38ampost #3039 of 30572/18/15 at 1:18amQuote:
No DSD. Not sure about the usb driver I only use mine for playback of redbook via MacBook air/iPad.post #3040 of 30572/18/15 at 1:20amI suppose this is where the dac1 will fall short. It's features are 'limited' compared to today's dacs ie 'hi res' (dac1 usb *only* accepts up to 24/96)and DSD playback. Neither of which are useful for transparent playback so are just gimmicks really.post #3041 of 30572/18/15 at 1:26amYeah, I read that it supports up to 24 bit 192kHz. Isn't it up to 24/192?
I think there can be a way. For instance, Meridian Explorer's web page doesn't say it will support DSD but you can play DSD files through Explorer. It's possible if you tweak JRiver or Foobar's setting.
For sound quality, does it sound better than iDSD Micro, Geek Out 1000, Sony PHA-3, etc?
If it sounds the same as DAC2, its used price $450 is a bargain for me.post #3042 of 30572/18/15 at 2:25ampost #3043 of 30572/18/15 at 6:21amQuote:
What happens when you play 24bit 192kHz files?
Does it mute itself?
or automatically down sample to 96kHz?post #3044 of 30572/18/15 at 8:08ampost #3045 of 30572/18/15 at 12:58pmQuote:
24/192 is by design a digital signal, nothing analog about 24 bits
It accepts 24/192 max over the SPDIF- AES/EBU
The USB accepts 24/96 max. It is a bit dated design (adaptive mode) and of course it won't recognize DoP.
To play 24/192 you need a sound card with SPDIF out
If you send a signal > 96 kHz straight over the USB, it won't play.
Alternative, a USB to SPDIF converter supporting 24/192.
If you want to play DSD you need a media player converting it on the fly to PCM
- Benchmark DAC1 now available with USB
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Three Word Story 2 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 31 seconds ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 33 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 49 seconds ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 1 minute ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 2 minutes ago
- › For 6BL7 tube users 3 minutes ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by Dsnuts
- › Audeze iSine 10 by neilmanalo
- › Stax SR-507 Electrostatic Earspeaker by audiophilehe400
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Delance26
- › UMIDIGI BTA9 Sports IEM by NA Blur
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear