I have WAY too many speakers (see my profile; this is after getting rid of 2 other pairs, and one of my Gallo A'Diva's getting broken).
My Main System uses Eminent Technology LFT-16 monitors, driven by a Tim Rawson Hypex UCD integrated amp.
I also have a pseudo-video system in the family room, never used it in home theater mode though. Finally, I try to occasionally set up a system in the basement, and when I do, it is various amps or receivers driving various speakers. Some combo's I've had:
- TEC preamp, Rawson gainclone, and either Ascend CBM-170's or Sound Dynamics RTS-3's
- Panny XR-25 digital receiver with aforementioned Ascends
- T-amp with SD RTS-3's or Rat Shack LX-4's or slightly modded Rat Shack LX-5's
- Sherwood receiver driving fronts and center of Athena .5 system (I haven't ever used the rears!)
- Harmon Kardon AVR-20 Mk II driving either unmodified Rat Shack LX-5's or LX-4's
- Harmon Kardon AVR-20 Mk II driving Gallo passive sphere sub and Gallo A'Diva satellites
Is this enough? Am I having fun yet? Yow!