Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › We know your headphones... but what about your speakers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

We know your headphones... but what about your speakers? - Page 16

post #226 of 288

Re-Upload of pics

Pics
post #227 of 288
Recently acquired and very enjoyed Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors.



post #228 of 288
Looks great! What are the speaker stands? Made only for the Auditors?
post #229 of 288
I think the stands are Sonus Faber ones.

Congrats with the new speakers! Sonus Faber make such wonderfully good sounding and looking speakers. I've listened to the Amati, Cremona and Cremona Auditors and they all strike me as surprisingly organic sounding. Nothing really jumps out at you as unnatural or artificial.

I also like your Pathos Classic One. iirc, it's an integrated right? My uncle has one driving a pair of Apogee ribbon/planars and boy does it sing!

What's your next target? A pair of Guarneris? Don't you just love the gloss on the Homage series!?
post #230 of 288
Currently using a pair of Energy Veritas 2.2i, with an entry level Marantz CD5400 and a Cambridge Audio 640A. I think I've kind of hit the wall where entry level ends and and mid to hi-fi starts. Unfortunately, I can't justify any upgrades, since they would need to be fairly substantial, and it's hard to audition anything in my neck of the woods. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears....

BTW, some phenomenal setups in this thread. Hope you're all spending lots of quality time enjoying them!
post #231 of 288
The stands are specific for the Cremona Auditors. Right now I am completely broke so I don't plan on buying anything else. I will only try to get some new tubes for the Pathos Classic One cause they say it sounds much better with better tubes. You are right its an integrated amp and it matches quite well with the Auditors (not that I have heard them with many other amps ). In the very far future I think I might get a sub woofer cause the base isnt as deep as my HD650 and I miss it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by milkpowder View Post
I think the stands are Sonus Faber ones.

Congrats with the new speakers! Sonus Faber make such wonderfully good sounding and looking speakers. I've listened to the Amati, Cremona and Cremona Auditors and they all strike me as surprisingly organic sounding. Nothing really jumps out at you as unnatural or artificial.

I also like your Pathos Classic One. iirc, it's an integrated right? My uncle has one driving a pair of Apogee ribbon/planars and boy does it sing!

What's your next target? A pair of Guarneris? Don't you just love the gloss on the Homage series!?
post #232 of 288
Finally got things cleaned up enough to make my humble abode safe to take pictures I can show on here. Same gear as mentioned before, Nikko NA-890 amp into Dahlquist M-907 speakers. Nothing impressive to look at compared to modern hi-fi speakers, but man do they sound good.

post #233 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris View Post
The stands are specific for the Cremona Auditors. Right now I am completely broke so I don't plan on buying anything else. I will only try to get some new tubes for the Pathos Classic One cause they say it sounds much better with better tubes. You are right its an integrated amp and it matches quite well with the Auditors (not that I have heard them with many other amps ). In the very far future I think I might get a sub woofer cause the base isnt as deep as my HD650 and I miss it.
congrats on your SF! You can certainly buy a spkr at this price that sounds better, but nothing I mean nothing looks as impressive and feels as expensive as SF spkr. I can not imaging another spkr that's better looking than SF Cre Aud or Guri. well, actually I think Strat and Amati are the better looking ones

Sound = class B+, Look/Feel = class A++++++++++++++++++++++

worth every penny!

One thing about sub: be very very careful. There are things you can do to have better bass such as better power cable, better amp, better CDP/Srouce, move the spkr around, spkr isolation. I would do all those things waay before buying a sub.
post #234 of 288
Thanks!I think I will try some new power cables for the source and the amp and new tubes as well. Also I will try moving them closer to the wall to bump up the base a bit. I dont have any money left so moving them around is fairly inexpensive (besides bill for the doctor).
post #235 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by chesebert View Post
One thing about sub: be very very careful. There are things you can do to have better bass such as better power cable, better amp, better CDP/Srouce, move the spkr around, spkr isolation. I would do all those things waay before buying a sub.
I don't really believe that any tweak or upgrade is going to fill in the bottom end of a non-floorstander like a quality sub can. Getting a small 8" cube and setting it to 80htz, should be a nice compliment to these speakers. Of course the sub would have to be of equal quality to the SF's or else it's a moot point.
post #236 of 288
Oh man!More expenses! The Zu mini Method sub is discounted online.
post #237 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris View Post
Oh man!More expenses! The Zu mini Method sub is discounted online.

With friends like us. It never ends!
post #238 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris View Post
Oh man!More expenses! The Zu mini Method sub is discounted online.
check out HSU Research. top-notch subs for a low price. you'd be spending more on performance and less on the amazingly sexy Zu Cable look. i'm sure it's a great sub but you'd probably get more performance out of a proven good budget subwoofer rather than a subwoofer designed to pair with a specific loudspeaker. this is coming from a guy who's dream rig is Zu Druids + 2 mini Methods for stereo bass down to 20hz btw.

note: also i know that "stereo bass down to 20hz" is ridiculous since you really only feel bass down there anyways.
post #239 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by immtbiker View Post
I don't really believe that any tweak or upgrade is going to fill in the bottom end of a non-floorstander like a quality sub can. Getting a small 8" cube and setting it to 80htz, should be a nice compliment to these speakers. Of course the sub would have to be of equal quality to the SF's or else it's a moot point.
Personally speaking, I went from audition an REL sub to not having a sub, the difference made with a new power cable, CDP, and line conditioner was enough to satisfy me. I use SPL meter to measure the sound level, while I still get pretty rolled off 30hz, 35-40hz is not alot more usable and 40hz is pretty strong, where before 40hz is at least 3-4db lower. YMMV as always.
post #240 of 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk View Post
check out HSU Research...
Stevieo bought one and swears by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesebert
the difference made with a new power cable, CDP, and line conditioner was enough to satisfy me.
Which speakers were/are you using?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Cables, Power, Tweaks, Speakers, Accessories (DBT-Free Forum) › We know your headphones... but what about your speakers?