Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Another Moth Has Landed: The 300B Paradigm Is Here!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Another Moth Has Landed: The 300B Paradigm Is Here! - Page 3

post #31 of 64


Funny thing is I took those photos a little less than two years ago and posted them here and here. Well all except the last shot that’s edwood’s camera work. I suppose there is only so many ways one can take a picture of the s45 chassis, but just the way you presented it all seemed reminiscent.

Now where are your K-1000s?
post #32 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 View Post
Now where are your K-1000s?
James Serdechny at Stefan AudioArt sent them out yesterday. They arrive on Friday with newly reterminated silver-soldered wire ends. I know what I'll be doing Friday evening!
post #33 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
James Serdechny at Stefan AudioArt sent them out yesterday. They arrive on Friday with newly reterminated silver-soldered wire ends. I know what I'll be doing Friday evening!
Yo, party at Al's on Friday.

Word.

K1000s in 'da house. Prince and Beyonce flying in from Miami ...

post #34 of 64
Sorry about the Zana rant! Just getting antsy I guess. FYI there's a very nice review of the Positive Ground amp in issue 17 of Vacuum Tube Valley mag.. You should definitely ask Craig if he has any of the +ground symbol for you amp. It's chrome or nickel plated brass by the looks of it. About as tall as a 300b and can be seen between the two inside of the cage. I wish I had a scanner and I could copy the article for you. Here's some tasty bits of it though:" Compared to my very good Assemblage 300b amp, the Positive Ground Amp was livelier and more dynamic. The soundstage was deeper and I was hearing more low level detail in the music. It sounded like it had twice the poser of the Assemblage amp! When I listened to Ron Carter playing Ray Bryant"s Cubano Chant, Ron 's upright bass was rich, full, and deep. The drum solo was more realistic through this amp than any amp I've had in my living room." Review by David Bardes (Jolida JD 603 cd with Mullard cv4004, Klipsch Klipschorns . I saw one at the '98 Stereophile show and have lusted over one ever since.
Enjoy!
post #35 of 64
You guys are killing me with all this Moth talk. I decided tonight since I will probably have the amp for the next 10 days (assuming the buyer comes through) to unpack it and put it back into action. Here it is:



Now I am having second thoughts on selling it.

I realize the Sig should not be on top of my cdp. It was only temporary.
post #36 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbut View Post
You should definitely ask Craig if he has any of the +ground symbol for you amp. It's chrome or nickel plated brass by the looks of it.
If anyone has those +ground metal symbols, it would be Joel Marshall the other guy behind Moth that designed the logo and product look. When I bought a cover from Joel for my amp we talk about that symbol since he had a 300b amp with the cover, but instead of the metal emblem it was just painted on. Joel said they only made a few metal +grounds and he didn’t seem unwilling to part with the few he had left. However, if you really want one. I could provide you with Joel’s contact details since you never know.
post #37 of 64
What a wonderful looking amp! Congrats! I have always admired the look of Moth amps, particulary the original Zana, the 2a3i an the 300b. Pair this thing up with a pair of Cain and Cain's and you should be FLYING!
post #38 of 64
I can't wait to hear how the 300b does with your k1000s!
great pics BTW.
post #39 of 64
Congrats on your new amp Voltron! Looks like a beaut, must sound great too!
post #40 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by agile_one View Post
Yo, party at Al's on Friday.

Word.

K1000s in 'da house. Prince and Beyonce flying in from Miami ...

Sadly, Anna Nicole won't be able to make it now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbut View Post
Sorry about the Zana rant! Just getting antsy I guess. FYI there's a very nice review of the Positive Ground amp in issue 17 of Vacuum Tube Valley mag.. You should definitely ask Craig if he has any of the +ground symbol for you amp. It's chrome or nickel plated brass by the looks of it. About as tall as a 300b and can be seen between the two inside of the cage. I wish I had a scanner and I could copy the article for you. Here's some tasty bits of it though:" Compared to my very good Assemblage 300b amp, the Positive Ground Amp was livelier and more dynamic. The soundstage was deeper and I was hearing more low level detail in the music. It sounded like it had twice the poser of the Assemblage amp! When I listened to Ron Carter playing Ray Bryant"s Cubano Chant, Ron 's upright bass was rich, full, and deep. The drum solo was more realistic through this amp than any amp I've had in my living room." Review by David Bardes (Jolida JD 603 cd with Mullard cv4004, Klipsch Klipschorns . I saw one at the '98 Stereophile show and have lusted over one ever since.
Enjoy!
Thanks for the cite. I am going to have to read that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
You guys are killing me with all this Moth talk. I decided tonight since I will probably have the amp for the next 10 days (assuming the buyer comes through) to unpack it and put it back into action.

Now I am having second thoughts on selling it.
Just when you thought your were out, we pulled you back in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 View Post
If anyone has those +ground metal symbols, it would be Joel Marshall the other guy behind Moth that designed the logo and product look. When I bought a cover from Joel for my amp we talk about that symbol since he had a 300b amp with the cover, but instead of the metal emblem it was just painted on. Joel said they only made a few metal +grounds and he didn’t seem unwilling to part with the few he had left. However, if you really want one. I could provide you with Joel’s contact details since you never know.
I actually like it better without the symbol. Maybe I'll put some cool magent back there instead. I found this one on the net:



And thanks for the congrats to the rest of you'se guys.
post #41 of 64
Thread Starter 

Disappointment

FedEx let me down, and the K1000s did not arrive today. I haven't had too much time to listen to the speaker setup either, and now I have to go on vacation! I guess I will have to figure out how to have fun in Hawaii next week without having heard the Equinox K1000s. Impressions, like my headphone bliss, will have to wait.
post #42 of 64
sorry to hear that...

when do you now expect to receive the K-1000s?
post #43 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 View Post
sorry to hear that...

when do you now expect to receive the K-1000s?
They're probably at my office building by now, but I am leaving for the week. Next friday I may have to stop by from the airport...
post #44 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
They're probably at my office building by now, but I am leaving for the week. Next friday I may have to stop by from the airport...
Forget the headphones and enjoy the trip!
post #45 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
Forget the headphones and enjoy the trip!
I'm trying. The hour at the Alamo rental line and the lameness of this Keoki Gold Island Style beer are trying to wreck it for me, but I am trying. Arrived here on Kauai at night but I think this place is going to be awesome. First time in Hawaii.

Aloha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Another Moth Has Landed: The 300B Paradigm Is Here!