Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Stello HP100 Owners or Past Owners...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stello HP100 Owners or Past Owners...

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Is the sound suppose to interrupt for a little when you switch from Filter A to Filter B during playback? Or is it continuous?

When you switch the power on, does it have a "click" engage noise like the Stello DA100 DAC? And when you switch off the HP100 Amp does it take a bit before the red light goes off?

Thanks.
post #2 of 11
Switching from filter A to B is instantaneous on my unit. It does not make a "click" engage sound like the DA100, and it does take a while for the red LED to turn off after you kill the power (discharging large capacitors).
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Dreamer View Post
Switching from filter A to B is instantaneous on my unit. It does not make a "click" engage sound like the DA100, and it does take a while for the red LED to turn off after you kill the power (discharging large capacitors).
Thanks just wanna make sure. When you switch on the HP100 does it make a slight "click" noise as the power engage like it does when you switch on the DA100?

Thanks.

EDIT: seems like the print/lettering on the front face plate my HP100 is lighter/fainter than the lettering on the DA100... weird.
post #4 of 11
No, there is no click, other than the sound the power switch itself makes. The click you hear in the DA100 is a muting relay for the digital circuitry (I believe), and the DA220 makes a similar sound from a similar relay when it is turned on also. Perfectly normal behavior for both units, so far as I know. Whereas the HP100 has no such relay and thus makes no such noise.
post #5 of 11
Nice to see another fellow HP100 owner I agree w/ Iron_Dreamer, no click when switching the filter. BTW, which filter position do you guys like best? The difference is a bit subtle, but I think A might be better so I just leave it there and forget about it. It's very strange though, I had never heard of amps with filter switches before.
post #6 of 11
I also leave it on A. I compared them a couple of times, and found B to soften the highs a bit, which might be useful with certain Grados or other somewhat harsh headphones, or if someone just likes a softer presentation in general. Not me
post #7 of 11
So you did go for HP100! Congratulations Zuerst. DA100 + HP100 is a great combo.

My answers:

- sound doesn't interrupt when changing the filter.
- yes it takes a few seconds until the led goes totally off when you turn off the power
- it doesn't click when you switch it on but when I turn it off it makes a quiet click (it's not as clearly audible as the one which DA100 makes when turned on)
post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patu View Post
So you did go for HP100! Congratulations Zuerst. DA100 + HP100 is a great combo.

My answers:

- sound doesn't interrupt when changing the filter.
- yes it takes a few seconds until the led goes totally off when you turn off the power
- it doesn't click when you switch it on but when I turn it off it makes a quiet click (it's not as clearly audible as the one which DA100 makes when turned on)
Cool, mine is exactly like that. I just wanted to make sure everything is alright.

BTW does anyone's lettering on the front face plate of HP100 seem lighter/fainter than the lettering on the DA100's front face plate?
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuerst View Post
BTW does anyone's lettering on the front face plate of HP100 seem lighter/fainter than the lettering on the DA100's front face plate?
I can't see any difference there.

EDIT: After closer inspection, HP100 might have SLIGHTLY fainter logo than DA100. Nothing that would matter to me though.
post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patu View Post
I can't see any difference there.
I guess they're just out of different manufacturing batches.
post #11 of 11
Any more Stello HP100 owners? For the moment, it looks like we're quite a small minority.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Stello HP100 Owners or Past Owners...