Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audiothechnica 950LTD
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Audiothechnica 950LTD

post #1 of 249
Thread Starter 
What happened to the posting regarding the audiotechnica 950LTD? I would like to purchase one with the group buy thing that was being discussed but now can not find the thread.

thanks
Mike
post #2 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadthedry View Post
What happened to the posting regarding the audiotechnica 950LTD? I would like to purchase one with the group buy thing that was being discussed but now can not find the thread.

thanks
Mike

Check This.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=223921
post #3 of 249
Check bluetin's site for more info.
post #4 of 249
Ok, I hope we can discuss the hp in this thread then without any GB posts.

bluetin.com have you had any listen to it yet??

And it would be really nice if someone could compare them to the A900LTD.
post #5 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard View Post
And it would be really nice if someone could compare them to the A900LTD.
Indeed. That'll be the deciding factor for some of us.
post #6 of 249
I have never seen any AT in person and I am very interested in the housing size of this cans. So for your AT lovers...a question: in photographs they look similar in size and in the spec sheet all models have the same driver diameter but... are the circum-aural design the same, more or less? Are, for example, ATH-A900 cans the same overall size that W5000 ones? My ears and head will be grateful for this information.
post #7 of 249
The cups at the widest point (the pads) are maybe 1/4 inch short of a CD. The cups and pads together are about 2 inches deep. It seems that all models are of the same size, I think only the cup depth varies slightly (at least the pads fit across most models--I think it was confirmed that W5000 and L3000 pads fit A500/700/900).
post #8 of 249
Can't wait to rock these out in public
post #9 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 View Post
The cups at the widest point (the pads) are maybe 1/4 inch short of a CD. The cups and pads together are about 2 inches deep. It seems that all models are of the same size, I think only the cup depth varies slightly (at least the pads fit across most models--I think it was confirmed that W5000 and L3000 pads fit A500/700/900).
Thank you very much for your reply. Now I can imagine them very well. It was my only one objection about an AT -and, in the beginning, with other cans as well-. I am very curious with their sound (the AT sound that many members love and many members don't) and I want to try them. I want something that is not very expensive but special in some way. And then this beauty appears!
post #10 of 249
jarnauga

I know the AT-EW9s are not up there with the best of the AT phones but if you can find one for sale around 100$ you can get a good feel for the AT house sound. I am really enjoying my EW9s with my Nano/Shuffle at work. Almost closed but open enough for conversation. This may be an AT ticket for you. There was one for sale just this weekend. I don't know if it is sold yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarnauga View Post
Thank you very much for your reply. Now I can imagine them very well. It was my only one objection about an AT -and, in the beginning, with other cans as well-. I am very curious with their sound (the AT sound that many members love and many members don't) and I want to try them. I want something that is not very expensive but special in some way. And then this beauty appears!
post #11 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman4891 View Post
The cups at the widest point (the pads) are maybe 1/4 inch short of a CD. The cups and pads together are about 2 inches deep. It seems that all models are of the same size, I think only the cup depth varies slightly (at least the pads fit across most models--I think it was confirmed that W5000 and L3000 pads fit A500/700/900).

I got Audio-Technica ATH-PRO700WH's for my wife not long ago. She ended up with a pair of my Senn 280pro's and my son uses the Technias for monitoring his music recording and loves them. They were to small for my ears, but sound good. Are the ATH-A900's bigger than the ATH-PRO700WH's ? Do they fit fully over an average sized ear?
post #12 of 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by slwiser View Post
jarnauga

I know the AT-EW9s are not up there with the best of the AT phones but if you can find one for sale around 100$ you can get a good feel for the AT house sound. I am really enjoying my EW9s with my Nano/Shuffle at work. Almost closed but open enough for conversation. This may be an AT ticket for you. There was one for sale just this weekend. I don't know if it is sold yet.
Ummm... (seeing photos in the Japanese AT site) Wood? ummm... (imagining how fit in my eleph...errr ears) Well, maybe it's my ticket, as you say, to taste the sound. And I wouldn't spend too much money. Nevertheless I'm looking for a main pair, not for portable use, and I like very much the big and closed ones (yes, I'm very biased towards that design thanks to my older and passed-away CD3K). Of course it's all about music but it's also a hobby and I want to feel enthusiasm with my purchase, not only curiosity.

Thank you for your kind reply. My little sister are using Senn PX100 with her iPod nano and a gift can be explained easily
post #13 of 249
Actually I am really impressed by the EW9s while others are not.

Your mileage my vary.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showpo...57&postcount=1

So my mini-review.

But you also need to save up for the A950LTDs. My A900LTDs are also worth the price I paid for them. I may get around to the Fitz modification some day if I don't sell them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarnauga View Post
Ummm... (seeing photos in the Japanese AT site) Wood? ummm... (imagining how fit in my eleph...errr ears) Well, maybe it's my ticket, as you say, to taste the sound. And I wouldn't spend too much money. Nevertheless I'm looking for a main pair, not for portable use, and I like very much the big and closed ones (yes, I'm very biased towards that design thanks to my older and passed-away CD3K). Of course it's all about music but it's also a hobby and I want to feel enthusiasm with my purchase, not only curiosity.

Thank you for your kind reply. My little sister are using Senn PX100 with her iPod nano and a gift can be explained easily
post #14 of 249
Yep, for the price that we are talking about (~300$ plus shipping, maybe a little more) I believe this dark AT (well, the paint not the sound ) can bring happiness to my music. I usually hear a combo: 50/50 classical / rock (hard). Currently my Senn 595 are useful for that and fill the bill more or less but I share my stuff at home with my family (brother and sister -and I'm not young-) and that justify to buy several different ones. Firstly the new A950Ltd then later...

The aspect that entertains me about AT discussions is that those who love these cans as those who detest them speak about the same sound. It does not seem that it is like the "veil" of the senns, which some people perceive and others don't, but they all estimate the way in which AT cans express and they like them because of it or in spite of it.
post #15 of 249
Are the ATH-900's big cans that fully cover the ear?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Audiothechnica 950LTD